Thread: MSI Wind

Xtreme Addict

MSI Wind

Anyone else waiting for this one?

Price expectations? Availability expectations?

Hopefully going to get one in July with 459 Euros. Very salty price when compared to 300 euros Eee PC.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    And very disappointing performance when compared to Eee PC as well. It's about on par with an Eee PC.

Good thing is you have the bigger screen, a slightly faster integrated GPU, and a bigger keyboard. About 30 minutes more of battery life, too.
    Motherboard: ASUS P5Q
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.20GHz (1.07v vCore! )
    RAM: 2GB Kingston HyperX 800MHz
    GPU: MSI Radeon HD 4870 @ 780/1000 (default)

Xtreme Member
    I'm definitely getting one. Perfect to VNC into all the pc's around the house and other simple tasks. Gonna try to check one out in person before I buy though.

im not sure yet, when it comes out i want to see how people put it to good use. im hoping by the time i decide to press the add to cart button there isnt a four month shortage, like every other anticipated affordable electronic device.

Xtreme Member
    what kind of tests would you guys like to see on a atom based setup? while not a MSI wind i do have a Atom Z520 coming and will be here friday. the bad side is i have to wait till the 9th for any testing. only one dimm slot on the M-ITX board and ordered the ram a bit later then the board.
    Intel Pentium G3258 | ASRock Z97M OC Formula | Samsung 2x4GB DDR3-1600 | Galaxy GTX660 GC | Samsung PM840 Pro 128GB, PM830 250GB FDE |

"I Love To Camp!"
    "Comensing Shock Therapy!"

HeatWare

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by RunawayPrisoner View Post
    And very disappointing performance when compared to Eee PC as well. It's about on par with an Eee PC.

Good thing is you have the bigger screen, a slightly faster integrated GPU, and a bigger keyboard. About 30 minutes more of battery life, too.
    Where did u see that the atom is only on par with the celeron?

*edit*
    nvm I googled it..
    Well that is extremely disappointing.
    If atom was a winner this was gonna be a sure thing 4 me since MS already released the requirements for XP in a mini-laptop form factor which showes how this is pretty much the max specs. Hopefully more benches will show a diff story but right now its a bit of a downer which makes the wind (and all other atom stuff) not so attractive. Especially since i can get a C2D dell for about $600 right now.
    Last edited by ineedaname; 06-04-2008 at 11:47 PM.
    CPU: Q6600 @ 3.6ghz G0 Week 37B
    Mobo: Asus P5k Deluxe
    Cooler: TRUE 120 (150cfm Delta)
    2xHR-05
    2xHR-09
    Mem: G.Skill 4x1Gb 6400HZ
    Vid: HIS 4850
    HDD: 80Gb 16mb Cache Raptor
    500Gb 7200.11 Seagate
    PSU: Enermax Noisetaker 600w
    Case: Thermaltake Armor (4x120mm 104CFM Panaflo)

3dmark06: 16k

Egyptian OverClocker
    i am honestly was planning to buy the EeePC as soon as it reaches the US market but i was not satisfied with the 7" monitor

the EeePC901 is much better

But after seeing the EeePC1000 i made my decision that 10" is the best size for my needs

the MSI Wind and the Dell's version , both are what i am waiting for

Since i will only use this notebook for office and internet usage and i will need to have it with me everywhere i go, exactly like my mobile
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT