Thread: 'Office' Water Cooler as a Chiller - Been Tried?

Xtreme Member

'Office' Water Cooler as a Chiller - Been Tried?

Has anyone tried to use one of those office style water coolers as a chiller yet?

I'd be surprised if it hasn't been done. I realize that it is not going to get the water as cool as a regular AC unit but I know I've heard several people talking about wanting to get the water just a little colder than ambient and I think this would work quite well.

Anyone know anything about these things and using them in water loops?

Thanks,
    ChR1s
    Daily Desktop Custom Built - Modified Data General Server Case

Asus M4A79T Deluxe | 955BE C2 Rev | 4GB OCZ DDR 2000 @ 1600 6 5 6 1T | 4850x2 + 4850 w/MCW60 | CPU on H20 w/ Enzo Sapphire l Custom Built Pump and Res Combo 1/2 Gallon! | 4 Swiftech 320mm Rads with 6 All Aluminum Delta Fans with their own PSU - Finger Loppers - for real!

Literally, CPU&GPUs are almost always at ambient therefore heat ain't limiting sh|t.

Xtreme Mentor
    Been don plenty all they are is a weaker form of a mini fridge. Some get them to work some what acceptably others don't.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.p...t=water+cooler < Here is one that a fellow did.
    Last edited by Xeon th MG Pony; 06-03-2008 at 09:55 AM.
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony

Xtreme Mentor
    That's a water fountain, considerably more powerfull then a standing office cooler

The one and Only MG Pony

Xtreme Member
    Thanks!! I was just thumbing through the old posts to see how what was around. I either have a 1/4 hp or 1/9 hp compressor at home - I'll look up the model number tonight when I get done work.

Thanks again.
    Daily Desktop Custom Built - Modified Data General Server Case

Asus M4A79T Deluxe | 955BE C2 Rev | 4GB OCZ DDR 2000 @ 1600 6 5 6 1T | 4850x2 + 4850 w/MCW60 | CPU on H20 w/ Enzo Sapphire l Custom Built Pump and Res Combo 1/2 Gallon! | 4 Swiftech 320mm Rads with 6 All Aluminum Delta Fans with their own PSU - Finger Loppers - for real!

Literally, CPU&GPUs are almost always at ambient therefore heat ain't limiting sh|t.

Xtreme Mentor
    No prob and good luck, nice to see people trying to get nice small low consumption systems going.

The one and Only MG Pony