Thread: Pump inlet connected to reservoir outlet

Pump inlet connected to reservoir outlet

I am trying to connect my DDCT-01 (Petra) to the Special Edition Aquatube (middle outlet on the back). Will this present a problem? The pump outlet and the side outlets for the Aquatube would all be facing downward. The Pump/Aquatube system would be mounted on an Aquabay, which would take up the lower two slots on a Lian Li PC-65.

In the past I've inadvertantly placed pumps such that they had difficulty drawing liquid from the system, so I definitely don't want that to happen again.

For reference, this is similar to the reference example for the Aquabay, except in my case, I am using a DDCT-01 instead of an Eheim.

Xtreme Addict
    doesnt seem like there will be any problem with that as long as you have an adequate amount of liquid in the res

That's what I'm kinda afraid of. How am I going to prime the system? Horizontally-oriented Aquatubes aren't easy to fill (requires you to tilt the case on its side -- with a modded Vapo beneath it, this might not be so easy). At least you only have to do it once in a while.

Banned
    well yeah you'll have to tilt the case, just do it carefully, other than that, there shouldn't be an issue.

Xtreme Addict
    what ive done in the pass was pre-fill parts of the system, run all the tubing and then prefill the rad, prefill the system as much as possible that way youll have more then enough liquid keeping your pump primed especially with weird pump/res positions, and yes its nice to only have to do that once