Page 233 of 245 FirstFirst ... 133183223230231232233234235236243 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 6110

Thread: "ASUS P5Q Deluxe discussion".

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkman Returns View Post
    I'm pretty sure I installed using vista compatibility mode when I put the beta on. Maybe the RC already has the correct chipset drivers built in. Pretty much everything else is!

If not, could it be a download that's not got all the file? I'm using IntelP45ICH10R_Chipset_V9001009_XPVista.

P
    I had the same problem. I installed via command prompt with this extension and everything worked well.

-OVERALL
    Updates ALL INF drivers on all available devices
    even if third party drivers are currently installed.
    This flag works in Interactive Mode only.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by davidkozat View Post
    Ok this is really annoying now?! i am still getting a low benchmark on 3D mark 06 ? i really dont know why i tried to put it back in stock and i get an amount of gpu and cpu score and the more a push the cpu the better the score on the cpu but the worse on the gpu?? why should it not go both up sinces the cpu is responsable for helping the gpu fps to go higher?? i dont get it, it only happens whenever i go higer that 3.9 ghz?? could it be that am bottlenecking the northbrige?? really dont know?
    I don't think your one card would be bottle necking this board now, my two cards on the other hand. Lee swears we are not bottle necking the chip-set so.. I am going to take off my north bridge cooling tonight and put some real retentions clips on it and some real TIM. I think this might be my problem at this point. I am stable at 470 now though so I am getting back up their slowly but, surely.

Rig = GA-P67A-UD3P Rev 1.0 - 2600K @ 5.2~GHz 1.5v~, 1.489~v Under Load - Swiftech Water Cooling - 2 X 4GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz @ 1868MHz~ 9,10,9,27 @ 1.65v~ - Asus 6970 @ 950MHz / 1450MHz - 3x Western Digital RE3 320Gb 16Mb Cache SataII Drives in Raid0 - Corsair HX 850w Power Supply - Antec 1200 Case - 3DMark 11 Score = P6234 - 3DVantage Score = P26237

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by truehighroller View Post
    Ok update, I have my new one in and it is flakier then the other one I was using and seems to have issues going as high as my other one did. I have been trying 485 again and it just won't stay stable but, Lee you will be interested in this part. I noticed that no matter what settingd I was tweaking exedra nothing would make 485 stable so, I cranked up the, you guessed it NB voltage to1.4V and it made it more stable. Still unstable I cranked it up to 1.5! Still more stable but still not completely stable. I am scared to go higher then that though. I am messing around with 480 for a minute now since know I had that stable before. I should (crossing fingures) get my new memory tomorrow too. That will be the sweetest part to play with.

Yeah, absolutely no doubt about it now. I was having issues with 480... Tried few things nothing would make it more stable. Just cranked up the NB voltage to 1.58v!!! Running stable with Prime95 right now no, ! This is nuts!

I backed my settings down for now to 450 x8.5! just until I get all my drivers installed exedra and then I will keep tweaking away. Interesting how high of voltage this thing likes when getting up their in FSB. I will have to feel this new board out for awhile apparently because it is like night and day compared to my other mother board. I have tried all my old settings and this thing just likes more voltage. I ran prime95 all last night at 450 x 8.5. I set my NB voltage to 1.3 and turned down my cpu voltage to 1.248v and it ran through prime all night just fine. Totaly different beast here now.

I am having issues installing the damn chipset drivers though. Has any one here figured out how to get intel chipset drivers to properly install with these mother boards while running windows 7? I will run the setup and it just says finished, I know damn well nothing installed.. Tried googling can't find anything about it. Normaly I have a driver program that does it for me but I have to have the support team for the program reset my keys for it before I can use it again and I don't want to wait 48hrs for that to happen. I have tried compatability mode for Vista Service pack 1 and run as admin and that isn't working either. I can't be the only person to run in to this issue.
    try increasing vtt. I am pretty stable at 480 fsb, 1.32 nb and 1.30 vtt
    and stable at 485 fsb ,1.34 nv and 1.32 vtt
    But the extra 5 mhz dont worth the fsb increase ,IMHO.
    cheers
    Q9550 EO @ 4.1
    Asus P5Q Deluxe
    4 Gb DDR2 Gskill
    2xVelociraptors 300 gb Raid 0
    Sapphire Vapor 4870 1Gb
    PCP&C 750w silencer psu

Hackintosh Lover
    Between London & Eastbourne, United Kingdom
    Am now stable at 480 fsb x 9 = 4.32 Ghz and the cpu score according to 3D mark is really good but the Gpu score still down... if the card is running ok and the nb is good enough then it might be the PSU allthough i dought it am gonna try a different GPU and PSU.....
    Last edited by davidkozat; 09-03-2009 at 09:50 PM.
    Why Not Try a Hackintosh for A Change?? Steps HERE!!
    Want to installing Mountain/Lion from a DVD or USB on you Apple PC?? Steps Here!

Super Stable aKa 24/7

Winners of EURO 08 | World Cup 10 | EURO 12
    Quote: Killin' Tube Kinks One Coil At A Time
    Hackintosh Lover
    "Dumb people" shouldn't use "Smart Phones"

New Personal Wallpapers Selection

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    try increasing vtt. I am pretty stable at 480 fsb, 1.32 nb and 1.30 vtt
    and stable at 485 fsb ,1.34 nv and 1.32 vtt
    But the extra 5 mhz dont worth the fsb increase ,IMHO.
    cheers

Thank you sir, I will give that a go. I get my new memory today, that is gonna be sweet. I am going to try, to get my nb heatsink to sit flatter today. I might be sticking an old crazy cool plate from my gigabyte motherboard on the back of the nb cooler but, I have to figure out how to get it to stay in place without modifying the current chipset cooler incase I kill this thing in the future. That way I can still send it back and get another one if needed.

Update:

I took the retention springs and made them stronger by putting an extra little spring on each one to make everything a little more tight fitting. I am skipping the crazy cool plate because I don't know if it would help or not and it would be a little bit of work measuring for holes and drilling them and cutting it down to size exe.. My chipset cooler was a bent one like people have reported before, I think this might have been the issue.

Update again:

I got my memory and it is running at it's rated 1150MHZ (well close enough an way) at 1.8v Woot! Also this motherboard really does like alot of nb voltage. I know this for a fact because I tweaked my chipset heatsink to the max, or to perfection so it's not just overheating. I am now sitting at 475FSB. I managed to tweak my nb gtl to where it likes it which is .635 and I am running 1.46nbv! I slowly worked up to this voltage step by step and watched everything become more and more stable. This is with my whole chipset stock heatsink tweaked and officially 100% flat and with good TIM and stronger springs on it (2 springs on each retention button) and a little nice fan spinning at 2700RPM sitting right on top of it. My CPU Voltage for right now until I know that this thing is 100% stable and I reach 480FSB is 1.35v, I know it will do less because it did less on the Motherboard I sent back to Asus.

Here are all my settings that matter. I am open to suggestions:

FSB Frequency: 475
    PCIE Frequency: 101
    FSB Strap: 333
    DRAM Frequency: 1141MHZ
    Dram CLK Skew(s): Auto
    Dram Timing Control: Auto
    Dram Static Read Control: Disabled
    Dram Read Training: Disabled
    Mem. OC Charger: Disabled
    Ai Clocks Twister (for now): Lighter
    Ai Transaction Booster: Manual
    Common Performace Level: 8
    Pull-In(s): Disabled (for now)

CPU Voltage: 1.35
    Cpu GTL Voltage Reference (0/2): .65
    Cpu GTL Voltage Reference (1/3): .67
    CPU PLL Voltage: 1.56
    FSB Termination Voltage: 1.32
    Dram Voltage: 1.8
    NB Voltage: 1.46
    NB GTL Referance .635 (Most stable for me)
    SB Voltage: 1.2
    PCIE SATA Voltage 1.6
    Load-Line Calibration: Enabled
    CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
    PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled
    CPU Clock Skew: Auto
    NB Clock Skew: Auto
    CPU Margin Enhancement: Optimized

CPU Configuration:
    CPU Ratio Setting: 8.5
    CIE Support: Disabled
    Max CPUID Value Limit: Disabled
    Intel Virtualzation Tech: Disabled
    CPU TM Function: Disabled
    Execute Disable Bit: Disabled

I have a thought, has any one measured their actual voltage being put to the NB with a volt meter, Lee?

Update still: NBV: 1.5! (1.5 Locked up on me, backed it down to 1.48 and I am tweaking gtls again at this point), FSB: 480, Ai Clocks Twister: Light

Last edited by truehighroller; 09-04-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Rig = GA-P67A-UD3P Rev 1.0 - 2600K @ 5.2~GHz 1.5v~, 1.489~v Under Load - Swiftech Water Cooling - 2 X 4GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz @ 1868MHz~ 9,10,9,27 @ 1.65v~ - Asus 6970 @ 950MHz / 1450MHz - 3x Western Digital RE3 320Gb 16Mb Cache SataII Drives in Raid0 - Corsair HX 850w Power Supply - Antec 1200 Case - 3DMark 11 Score = P6234 - 3DVantage Score = P26237

Xtreme Enthusiast
    man, your chipset voltage is too high. I would be aware of it.
    Q9550 EO @ 4.1
    Asus P5Q Deluxe
    4 Gb DDR2 Gskill
    2xVelociraptors 300 gb Raid 0
    Sapphire Vapor 4870 1Gb
    PCP&C 750w silencer psu

Xtreme Mentor
    That is insane especially on the stock chipset heatsink, that thing is garbage. Anyways I knot that the early revisions used to overvolt quite a bit on the NB.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
    That is insane especially on the stock chipset heatsink, that thing is garbage. Anyways I knot that the early revisions used to overvolt quite a bit on the NB.

That is what I am thinking my old one was doing and I just didn't know it and this one is more accurate or, real to life (hell maybe this one is inaccurate). I ran that other one for almost a year or more I think. It never would run over 1.34v for the nband I had to run it at 1.32 to be stable at my 480FSB so... I can actually touch it and it isn't, running hot. Not only that Asus programmed in the BIOS when to get better cooling 1.6v .

I just think this mother board can't hang period.. I miss my other one .
    Last edited by truehighroller; 09-04-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    That is what I am thinking my old one was doing and I just didn't know it and this one is more accurate or, real to life (hell maybe this one is inaccurate). I ran that other one for almost a year or more I think. It never would run over 1.34v for the nband I had to run it at 1.32 to be stable at my 480FSB so... I can actually touch it and it isn't, running hot. Not only that Asus programmed in the BIOS when to get better cooling 1.6v .

I just think this mother board can't hang period.. I miss my other one .
    I wouldn't be surprised if you go over to the UD3P thread, people are pumping 1.4v+ to the NB quite often.

One problem I had with my chipset heatsink was that either the heatpipes didn't work or the fins were just useless. I could touch the NB sink and it would be cool but the base on the other hand was way too hot for my liking under full load. The enzotech CNB R1 that I'm using on my northbridge weighs as much as the entire stock chipset heatsink and even that with a 40mm sunon straped to it can get a little warm.

That does suck, I've had pretty good luck with this board but it's about a year old now maybe more.
    Last edited by BababooeyHTJ; 09-04-2009 at 06:07 PM.

Faq

Can somebody with rights (admin[?]) make a sticky FAQ to this thread where the common questions would reside along with some successful overclocking settings (with their explanation maybe[?]) for duo/quad processors as an example for newcomers/newbuyers of this P5Q MoBos family.

Just recently got P5Q (P45) after my P5B Dlx (P965) got NB cracked a bit). Now I lost in such a progress in count of settings and their "stepless" precision.
    However found that P5Q sets more correct DRAM timings in compare to P5B but this alas to worse side - P5B set a bit lower but stable(!) timings than SPD contained. Now i got worse performance of DRAM and troubles with overclocking cuz just incresing Vcore manually is not enough for nightly stability in linpack/LinX/. Thus i ask for FAQ with examples.

The main question is in which exactly sequence and which exactly voltages to tweak for stability?
    Vcore(Vcpu), Vnb, Vfsb(Vtt), Vpll, GTLs, Vsb, Vdram?
    What should go first?

On P5B i should only play w/ Vcpu, Vnb and Vdram for OC CPU+DRAM but now no stability on P5Q
    Asus P5Q, C2D E6300, Corsair TWIN2X6400 DDR2-800MHz 2x1024+2x512 (tot. 3072MB), HIS HD4770 512MB, PSU 400W(don't say it's not enough), Seagate 7200.12 500GB, Hitachi 250GB.

Hello

This my O/c
    Asus P5Q deluxe+Q9650+Gskill Black 8500 C5 2*2Go
    9*467MHz
    CPU Voltage : 1,29
    CPU PLL Voltage : 1.52
    FSB Termination Voltage : 1,28
    DRAM Voltage : 1.80
    NBridge Voltage : 1.24
    SBridge Voltage : 1,10
    PCIE SATA Voltage : 1,50

I would like to increase my Ram frequency, unfortunately I'm stable only with 1:1 ratio.
    Therefore what should be done according to you?
    Increase Vram?
    Increase vnb?

Try to find a better setting for NB GTL? (@stock for the moment). I should try a lower or a higher value for NG GTL compared to stock value?
    Could you also tell if a "wrong setting" on GTL can be dangerous for system?
    Thank you very much

Hackintosh Lover

Lightbulb 3d Mark 06 problem caused cos of the PSU

Ok guys so about my score in 3D mark 06 problem I did so research and after testing i realised that my GPU need a PSU that is above 550 Watts and 12v of 40 Amps which mine is 10A http://www.ebuyer.com/product/135196 so even though tmy PSU is 800 Watts it would be sufficient but not powerfull enought to run on my new CPU that am now using Q9650 Oced to 4.3 so (before I had my famous Q6700 oced to 3.9) so basicly I now need a new PSU that is capleble fo providing 40 Amps for both 12v rails... Is gonna be really expensive to buy one for all the set up I used so Which PSU Do You Guys Recommend??

I can back this up as I used my GPU and others on differents boards and cpus but unfortunally I don't have a PSU thats good enough .....
    Want to installing Mountain/Lion from a DVD or USB on you Apple PC?? Steps Here!

Super Stable aKa 24/7

Hackintosh Lover

Xtreme Addict
    Get a Silverstone or a PNC, if I am saying the last one right. Also don't get Modular like I did.

Hackintosh Lover
    Get a Silverstone or a PNC, if I am saying the last one right. Also don't get Modular like I did.
    Thanks do you have an advise on why not modular??

Super Stable aKa 24/7

Hackintosh Lover

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
    I had the same problem. I installed via command prompt with this extension and everything worked well.

-OVERALL
    Updates ALL INF drivers on all available devices
    even if third party drivers are currently installed.
    This flag works in Interactive Mode only.
    I forgot to say thank you after noticying that you told me how to do this I went ahead and did it and it worked. Wonder why it does that though? I have given up on my new board though. I ordered a Gigabyte UD3P. I am hoping I get a better overclock like other people that have it with my new Quad and new memory.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by davidkozat View Post
    Thanks do you have an advise on why not modular??
    The connections at the connecting spots get bad after some time causing issues in the long run I think do to corrosion, might be wrong there. I read that some technician for a big vendor "can't remember what company it was sorry" at one of these shows for PC stuff stated this to a reporter for a site that was covering the event. Kinda makes sense really if you have had any electronics classes.

Hackintosh Lover

Red face modular the future?

well is weird am doing Computing Engeeninring am any big company would of thought to use components athat do is not corrosive right?? anyway that the future modular do you know any particular model of PSU that is over 40 Amps on the 12v cos most of them cost like £ 100.00 isn't that too much for a decent PSU all i got is one bloody GPU (Gtx 275) and a cpu (Q9650) i might have to buy the cheapest PSU thats just got 40A and hot wire it with the one i got already lol!

Super Stable aKa 24/7

Hackintosh Lover

I am Xtreme
    I'm still using an OCZ GameXtream 600W with my GTX 285 and an I7 at 4Ghz... Once I start benching with that rig I hook up the Enermax Galaxy 1Kw... Don't go cheap on the PSU, it's one of the main components for a stable OC...

Xtreme Addict
    You will have to spend about $250 for a good one. I paid $260~ I believe for mine.

Hackintosh Lover

Cool Cougar 1000 CM? good enough? i think so

Ok guys so i followed your honest opinion as always and i decided to go for the 1000 watts Cougar 1000CM PSU which has 24A on the 4 12v rails so that should be enough to keep my GPU stable and the CPU too... http://www.compucase-hec.co.uk/psu_cougar_cm_1000.htm

Super Stable aKa 24/7

Hackintosh Lover

Xtreme Member
    Asus Blitz Formula (P35) or P5Q-Deluxe ?
    Processor: E8500, maybe E8600 or a quad.

I am Xtreme
    What are ya goals ? I did 500FSB on my P5K Dlx with the duallies... quads was 450FSB... give the old lady still atry , very good solid board the Blitz !

Xtreme Addict
    @whatev:

I can sell you my P5Q Deluxe, it will get up to 460 stable but anything over that with a Quad is not, stable. I don't have a dualie to test. I am willing to part with it for say $80.

Xtreme Member
    We`ll I`ve managed 580 with a blood iron + e8200 on air.
    But, I want more. Without that crappy iron blood.
    sheesh.

Hackintosh Lover

Angry s***

ok so am really disapointed now is f*cking supid but for some reason the gpu score is down still i got a 1000watts power supply with 112Amps and all and still no imprubement i really dont know what am doing to the board on my Q6700 hits 20100 score on 3D mark 06 now my Q9650 at 4.2 gets me barelly 19000 and if i got above it will only go worse f it time to get me a another gpu which one are the ones that consume lots of power and generate hit and cant play crysis or any game on anti-aliasing of 16xQ oh yeah A.T.F.I. lol ill try with a 4980 see what happens

Super Stable aKa 24/7

Hackintosh Lover

Page 233 of 245 FirstFirst ... 133183223230231232233234235236243 ... LastLast