Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OCZ Neural Impulse Actuator available soon

Xtreme Addict
    I can't wait to try this thing out! Looks very promising.
    As quoted by LowRun......"So, we are one week past AMD's worst case scenario for BD's availability but they don't feel like communicating about the delay, I suppose AMD must be removed from the reliable sources list for AMD's products launch dates"

Xtreme Member
    I can only see the reaction of my wife when I play, pull tongue= fire , smile right= turn right, smile left=turn left, open mouth= jump ... LOL ! Must be thinking I have epilepsy or seizure... Good concept but it may be a bit unpractical... Will wait and see ...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaire2030 View Post
    I can only see the reaction of my wife when I play, pull tongue= fire , smile right= turn right, smile left=turn left, open mouth= jump ... LOL ! Must be thinking I have epilepsy or seizure... Good concept but it may be a bit unpractical... Will wait and see ...
    if you'll have that epilepsy seizure between her legs she'll be happy

//sorry if it's offensive
    Last edited by tenebre; 05-28-2008 at 09:20 AM.

SSD faster than your HDD
    Edit your post....please
    Last edited by RyderOCZ; 05-28-2008 at 09:17 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tenebre View Post
    if you'll have that epilepsy seizure between her legs she'll be happy

//sorry if it's offensive
    She's a happy wife already

Banned
    wont regular excersion of the face muscles cause them to build... you might end up with the incredible hulks face and ground down teeth... perfect..... lol where can i get one.....

Xtreme Member
    Is this meant to be a replacement for a keyboard? Or more like an addition to improve skills?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanZ View Post
    ...what happens when you sneeze
    I'd say a whole bunch of stuff

//Andreas

Xtreme Addict
    will there be linux support?

Xtreme Addict
    what cpu usage and resources does this interface take up? I see that it has a processing unit of its own, but does that just take in the eeg signals, and rely on the cpu to convert, or is it all done within? I hope its a fairly light client, mirc light :P
    " Business is Binary, your either a 1 or a 0, alive or dead." - Gary Winston ^^

Asus rampage III formula,i7 980xm, H70, Silverstone Ft02, Gigabyte Windforce 580 GTX SLI, Corsair AX1200, intel x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb, hp zr30w, 12gb corsair vengeance

Rig 2
    i7 980x ,h70, Antec Lanboy Air, Samsung md230x3 ,Saphhire 6970 Xfired, Antec ax1200w, x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb,12gb Corsair Vengence MSI Big Bang Xpower

Here to help
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    let me try and explain more about what the NIA does.

It allows mapping of subtle facial expressions or movements to functions on the keyboard...so if you looked left you can look left in the game etc.

it also allows brain activity to be measured, the NIA can tell if you are anxious or calm, it also can tell how alert you are, this can all be coded into a game.

imagine you are playing FEAR, normally ghosts etc appear on a regular defined moment, with the NIA game developers could have ghosts appear when you are the most tense, allowing for even greater immersion into the game.

This should be just the start of what this device can do. When we unvailed the Alpha unit 2 yrs ago every Video card manufacturer wanted a slice of the pie...it really is that good
    Do you have this device, Tony?

I'm only 40 minutes away from you tops and would love to see it in action.

Regards

John.

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

the jedi master
    I do have it yes, you can take a look but it would have to be on my laptop using the base training games that come with it.

Drop me a PM and we can talk
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Here to help
    I do have it yes, you can take a look but it would have to be on my laptop using the base training games that come with it.

Drop me a PM and we can talk
    Cool

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

Xtreme Mentor
    I'd prefer OCZ to be working on more functional things that benefit customers...like lowering prices, improving the quality of there products and enhancing customer support. Not that it's bad right now, but less time spent on gimmicks and more on *real* innovation of practical value would be welcome.
    Gigabyte EP45-DQ6 - rev 1.0, F13a bios | Intel Q9450 Yorkfield 413x8=3.3GHz | OCZ ProXStream 1000W PSU | Azuen X-Fi Prelude 64MB X-RAM| WD VelociRaptor 74HLFS-01G6U0 16MB cache 74GB - 2 drive RAID 0 64k stripe | ASUS 9800GT Ultimate 512MB RAM (128 SP!!) | G.SKILL PC2-8800 4GB kit @ 1100MHz | OCZ ATV Turbo 4GB USB flash | Scythe Ninja Copper + Scythe 120mm fan | BenQ M2400HD 24" 16:9 LCD | Plextor 716SA 0308; firmware 1.11 | Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000 | Netgear RangeMax DG834PN 108mbps; firmware 1.03.39 + HAWKING HWUG1 108mbps USB dongle | Digital Doc 5+ | 7 CoolerMaster 80mm blue LED fans | Aopen H700A tower case | Vista Home Premium - 32bit, SP1

Here to help
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dower View Post
    I'd prefer OCZ to be working on more functional things that benefit customers...like lowering prices, improving the quality of there products and enhancing customer support. Not that it's bad right now, but less time spent on gimmicks and more on *real* innovation of practical value would be welcome.
    Controlling a pc with your mind isnt innovative but lowering prices is?

the jedi master
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dower View Post
    Lowering prices...improved support....you can't have both as one has to pay for the other.

Only thing you guys really have a point about is the phase change and being honest that is being sorted but it taking a ton of time again.

We have support reps covering the following regions.

1 Russia
    2 South America, spain, Portugal
    3 France and Canada (french speaking) + other French speaking customers
    4 Germany
    5 Uk and USA (English speaking)

Now...show me a ram manufacturer who has all that on 1 forum apart from OCZ?

I have a full time webmaster who looks after 2 forums full time also and is working to enhance the OCZ forum with new idea's I fed him just tonight.

What more do you guys want...blood??

NIA will transform gaming, just watch and see
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Xtreme Member
    mind haxorz!

hmm freaky but interesting

Here to help
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    oh i thought it was out already
    looking forward to reviews, i hope its video reviews, id love to see some guys make weird faces trying to get used to the thing

Maybe sooner than you think?

Xtreme Recruit
    Just wondering, whats the difference between neurosky and this? do they work on similar principals?
    |Macbook|2ghz|1gb ram|80gb HDD|x3100|Mac OS 10.5.4|

|E6400@2.6ghz|DFI Infinity P965 DARK|2gb ram|7900GS|1.5 TB HDD| Xp Essentials|Ubuntu 8.04|Leo4allv3 OSX86|

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"When in doubt, be root"

Xtreme Mentor
    this looks great. great work OCz.

I'll likely end up getting the 2nd revision of it after some of the kinks have been worked out. truly cutting edge though and at half the cost I thought it would be.

Turkey Man
    What more do you guys want...blood??
    Tech rep coverage of Asia-Pacific might be a good start?

(I'm not aware if it is already or not, just noticed a HUGE gap in your coverage list)

the jedi master
    Thats next, it all depends on regional sales, with APAC on the up a rep will be appointed soon.
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Here to help
    I went to see this with my son, today. Very cool technology.

We both had a lot of fun playing with this. Shot some good video footage of the device in action. I'll pick up a firewire cable tomorrow so that I can transfer it to my pc and post a copy on the web.

Regards

John.

Thanks for the hospitality Tony

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    We got the NIA today. Unfortuntaley I have to leave for Computex soon, so I have to wait until I come back to try it out =(

I had the pleasure to give the alpha/beta versions a try at Cebit last year and at a visit by Michael. Even for the short periode of time, controls went pretty good, but it takes time to learn all the details and to finetune the movement.
    Last edited by Fr3ak; 05-29-2008 at 10:42 AM.
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast