Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OCZ Neural Impulse Actuator available soon

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnuke View Post
    same thing that happens when you search google on google............
    You lose all sense of perspective and start pulling your hair out and begin dancing around the room?
    Gigabyte EP45-DQ6 - rev 1.0, F13a bios | Intel Q9450 Yorkfield 413x8=3.3GHz | OCZ ProXStream 1000W PSU | Azuen X-Fi Prelude 64MB X-RAM| WD VelociRaptor 74HLFS-01G6U0 16MB cache 74GB - 2 drive RAID 0 64k stripe | ASUS 9800GT Ultimate 512MB RAM (128 SP!!) | G.SKILL PC2-8800 4GB kit @ 1100MHz | OCZ ATV Turbo 4GB USB flash | Scythe Ninja Copper + Scythe 120mm fan | BenQ M2400HD 24" 16:9 LCD | Plextor 716SA 0308; firmware 1.11 | Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000 | Netgear RangeMax DG834PN 108mbps; firmware 1.03.39 + HAWKING HWUG1 108mbps USB dongle | Digital Doc 5+ | 7 CoolerMaster 80mm blue LED fans | Aopen H700A tower case | Vista Home Premium - 32bit, SP1

SSD faster than your HDD
    You guys are some of the worst off topic posters... I swear

Does this thread have Cryo-z in the title? I didn't think so.
    Seems to be a very very large trend in the news section...how about we work on stopping it?

Thanks

Serra,

I will give more info when my unit arrives (i.e. I get to play with it), but it is not a mouse. You can't think the pointer in a direction. You assign inputs in a game to actions with the NIA.

Example: Strafe Left = "smile" with left side of mouth. Strafe Right = "smile" with right side of mouth. The NIA converts the brain waves associated with facial expressions and movements and gives you the ability to assign it to keystokes and mouse functions in a game.

If get it to surf the net once I get mine, I will let you know how
    Last edited by RyderOCZ; 05-27-2008 at 03:00 PM.

Xtreme Member
    dont u need a brain first to have it fryed ? ... also comes with a handy book of excuses for all your favourite games ....because no1 is going to believe you TK'ed your whole team in cod4 with your mind.......i have a feelin some of the people i know wont get the thing to move at all hehe..

Xtreme Member
    I am really wondering about the limitations of this promising interface. Thank you OCZ for even attempting to make and support something like this.

Aussie God
    Ryder... It seems like I'd might actually buy an OCZ product

I love the concept...
    My main concern is accuracy, but I will have to test this, its perfect I think...
    And especially for racing games !
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    From what I've seen and what's been said above, this will not replace a mouse. Therefore, accuracy is still a function of your right hand
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    From what I've seen and what's been said above, this will not replace a mouse. Therefore, accuracy is still a function of your right hand
    Sorry, you got me wrong..
    I mean, Im not even sure what I want to do myself in FPS online, jump duck, staff etc.... So Im thinking if its actually capable of handling the impulses and record everything.... Accuracy / sensitivity, dont know exactly how it can be expressed, but that was my point
    Competition ranking;
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyderOCZ View Post
    Example: Strafe Left = "smile" with left side of mouth. Strafe Right = "smile" with right side of mouth. The NIA converts the brain waves associated with facial expressions and movements and gives you the ability to assign it to keystokes and mouse functions in a game.

If get it to surf the net once I get mine, I will let you know how
    So this is more a facial muscle controlled device, than an actual neural controlled one, or?

SSD faster than your HDD
    No, the unit responds to the brain activity associated with the movements.

You can use other things besides facial expressions. Clench teeth, etc.

There will be more info in the thread linked in the first post as more of the tech's get it and use it in games.

Xtreme Member
    Ok, thanks. I look forward to more insights and experience with this device

Xtreme Guru
    how much is it going to cost?

SSD faster than your HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    how much is it going to cost?
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...94&postcount=8
    Looks to be about 160 - 175. I do not have exact pricing.

Xtreme Cruncher
    No, the unit responds to the brain activity associated with the movements.

You can use other things besides facial expressions. Clench teeth, etc.

There will be more info in the thread linked in the first post as more of the tech's get it and use it in games.
    I'm curious to know if Your (OCZ) software will be "open source" in a sense that you willl allow people to modify it for other tasks besides gaming ie like surfing the net.

Is it possible that you can train your brain to stimulate without having to physically do something.. ie: if you move your eyes (saccade mvmnt) to follow a device your brain impulse translate through the NIA to follow same object ingame???

There are some talented coders/engineers out there who could probably use this "cheap" solution for other problems given OCZ provides modifiable software.

Just my .02 and my Questions

Thanks and Looks really cool, anxiously awaiting the reviews.

SLC
    Couldn't you bind four "expressions" and use them to move the mouse side to side and up and down? It would be like using the arrows keys to control the mouse pointer in very old games. This wouldn't be very quick, but it beats moving hands when browsing xs for example. Can something like that be done?

SSD faster than your HDD
    B2B,

Right now there is no SDK, but it may be farther down the pipeline.

One_Hertz,

If that has been tested....I do not have the info. When my unit arrives, I will test everything out that I can

Xtreme Cruncher
    So how long till your face muscles get tired, stiff and sore using this thing? 1 hour gaming stints only? Maybe you can test it out Ryder

Edit: using clenched teeth to shoot I would probably bite my tongue (eventually/repeatedly)
    Last edited by Gen; 05-27-2008 at 07:29 PM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dower View Post
    Will this device fry my brain ?
    was about to crack a joke, but you seemed so beaten down in the other thread asking for mercy i will keep it to myself

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphiel View Post
    So this is more a facial muscle controlled device, than an actual neural controlled one, or?
    afaik thats how it works...

ryder, are you sure it does not meassure the potential building up in the fascial muscles? i thought thats how theese types of devices work

Xtreme Guru
    B2B,

Right now there is no SDK, but it may be farther down the pipeline.

One_Hertz,

If that has been tested....I do not have the info. When my unit arrives, I will test everything out that I can
    can you dress up like the riddler when you test it like in batman forever i swear this thing reminds me of "the box" from that movie

Xtreme Mentor
    Interesting concept. If it were cheaper I would have to try it out, but for now, I'm sticking to mouse and keyboard
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

the jedi master
    let me try and explain more about what the NIA does.

It allows mapping of subtle facial expressions or movements to functions on the keyboard...so if you looked left you can look left in the game etc.

it also allows brain activity to be measured, the NIA can tell if you are anxious or calm, it also can tell how alert you are, this can all be coded into a game.

imagine you are playing FEAR, normally ghosts etc appear on a regular defined moment, with the NIA game developers could have ghosts appear when you are the most tense, allowing for even greater immersion into the game.

This should be just the start of what this device can do. When we unvailed the Alpha unit 2 yrs ago every Video card manufacturer wanted a slice of the pie...it really is that good
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    let me try and explain more about what the NIA does.

It allows mapping of subtle facial expressions or movements to functions on the keyboard...so if you looked left you can look left in the game etc.

it also allows brain activity to be measured, the NIA can tell if you are anxious or calm, it also can tell how alert you are, this can all be coded into a game.

imagine you are playing FEAR, normally ghosts etc appear on a regular defined moment, with the NIA game developers could have ghosts appear when you are the most tense, allowing for even greater immersion into the game.

This should be just the start of what this device can do. When we unvailed the Alpha unit 2 yrs ago every Video card manufacturer wanted a slice of the pie...it really is that good
    Sounds nice..! Or maybe not the right word?

Tony, any comments on my previous question stated...? Regarding the ability to snap signals, or some gets missed...
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

the jedi master
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Sounds nice..! Or maybe not the right word?

Tony, any comments on my previous question stated...? Regarding the ability to snap signals, or some gets missed...
    its fully adjustable, all that have played it for lengthy periods have said they soon get used to it and its easy to fine tune to each person
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

SLC
    ok thats it I am buying one as soon as I can. Sounds like a fun little toy.

Xtremely Addicted
    Makes a lot more sense. Why would it use the activity in the brain thats associated with, for example, looking left instead of the actual movement.... Looking forward to it, curious what else this can/wil be used for.

the jedi master
    from my early experiences watching Michael and others use the early beta samples you can do the following very easy:

1 run
    2 jump
    3 crouch
    4 strafe left
    5 strafe right
    6 move back
    7 fire main weapon
    8 change weapon
    9 move sideways
    10 look left
    11 look right
    12 zoom in

you can map anything you want as long as you practice enough, many degree's of sensitivity can be mapped so an example is clenching ones jaw...light is run, medium could be jump and tight is fire main weapon.

All you need the mouse for is to point the weapon (at this time)
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast