Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OC Report :: Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB PC3-16000 CL9

uncore challenged...
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    how did you remove the heatspreader?
    i just use a blow dryer to heat them up a bit and then pry them off very gently and slowly. the thermal adhesive is pretty sticky but it isn't the cured on type like Corsair uses. when prying, i work from the top or bottom along the whole length of the module at once. going from either of the ends will ruin the heat spreader and is harder to get them off.
    i don't quote in my signature, but best WR ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)
    i can't even make that shyt up ^^^

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
    alright guys, as suspected, there have been multiple users who have bought this memory and received D9JNL. this is no big surprise to hear but kind of disappointing at the same time. for 95% of users, it is not going to matter at all whether they receive JNL or GTS...there just isn't enough difference for those people. but 95% of the readers of this OC Report are the other 5% of all users and it will matter to a certain degree...whether in benchmarks or just in their heads.

this kit came directly from Crucial retail sales, i am not sure where the D9JNL confirmed kits were purchased or when. we are on the case and trying to come up with batch numbers to see if there is a correlation. Dino, if you can contact me with what your sticks are and your numbers on the module/ESD bag, it would be much appreciated.
    Oh thats sad
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

ODOC
    Really sad, but whe now the usage of d9gts and the stock on them...

But d9gtr and d9gts is 4 sure, the sweet ics...

uncore challenged...
    i mean yeah it sucks that i can't say 100% that all of these kits are going to be D9GTS, but it was also 100% expected that this was going to be the case. i am working on getting some information to you guys ASAP and until then won't bother speculating any more than i have. there are a number of reasons why kits get different ICs, this is nothing new as we all know, what i will try to do is find out if there is a way we can identify which kits will have D9GTS and which will have D9JNL. which may or may not help anyway but any information is better than nothing.

the main point is that this kit came directly from Crucials retail distribution on the 7th of this month so there are definitely some of these kits with D9GTS. just a matter of finding out how to tell which ones.
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)

ODOC
    U are true Jody, but could be cool to know how many kits that have d9gts and if all new batch will come with jnl...

Coz as stated d9gts and r is some really sweet ics.

Looking forward to further information.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Im a bit surprised how silent the migration from GTR/GTS to JNL/JNM happened for almost all manufacturers and how they mix the chips
    well for cas8... if binned right... i think jnl beats gtr and gts... so this might actually be good news for people who buy this crucial kit
    If they plan to clock it with cas8... but then again, who buys a fast cas8 kit to clock it with cas6 or cas7

Xtreme Member
    Very nice review

Now jnl/jnm don't like me

Xtreme X.I.P.
    what do you mean gandalfone?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    Italy sayaa

uncore challenged...

Single 32M Action :: 1010MHz 7-6-5 @ 2.197v

so apparently the 790i doesn't mind 7-6-5 that much...
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
    32M SPi :: 1010MHz 7-6-5 @ 2.197v
    click for full size...including memset

and CPU-z validation of course...

I am not even sure how I got on this setup exactly but I found myself clocking this kit at 7-6-5 with single 32M and when I reached 1000MHz, I thought I should start paying attention. The above few screenshots are the maximums I could squeeze out of them today without going over 2.20v. When considering how well this kit clocks at 8-7-6, these 7-6-5 clocks are absolutely incredible. And who said 790i didn't like 7-6-5

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi77 View Post
    Italy sayaa
    huh?
    he said jnl/jnm dont like him, what does he mean?

very nice jody!
    did you see bills results?
    whats the highest spp voltage you went to btw?

Admin
    Is JNL really that bad? A lot of it seems to be capable of breaking 1000C7 with ease with less than 2.1v (7-7-7 granted), something that I don't believe I've ever seen done with GTR. If that's the case, then as long as they can handle high CAS 8 clocks, they might as well be considered equal or even superior to GTR no?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post

I see now, sorry.

by now I have tested 1600 jnl and 1866 jnm and are not very satisfied. I have used maximus extreme and evga 790, 1T impossible (with evga corrupt S.O)...

But I would be curious to try the blue cellshock 1866 and these crucial 2000.

3oh6 you used P05...very great result!!
    Last edited by gandalfone; 06-03-2008 at 03:24 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    nice review , Thanks for posting .
    2600K working in 4.8 GHZ so far

2600k @(4600 Ghz) 1.42v : (under water)
    Asus B2 mobo
    4 GiG DDR 2400 MHZ
    GTX 570 @ 1.063v ( 910/1820/2001 Mhz) .(under water).
    1020 W PSU

Hobie's : Overclocking .... Overclocking .... Overclocking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12