Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another AMD VP is dismissed, Mario Rivas

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos4 View Post
    just read that AMD was going to outsource a part of its cpu production to TSMC, Taiwan based and already producing ATI GPUs

http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20080513PD207.html
    Thanks for explaining what TSMC is for us.... lol. Anyway TSMC has just started to prep their fabs to use SOI. Once they have that in check then they can pitch their sale to AMD so it is still not set in stone. All this will take a while so if TSMC that does help out AMD it will be when Fusion CPU's come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    even more?

hows that possible with there tight x86 licence?

I thought they where only allowed to outsource a certain part of the x86 production (afair 20&#37 and they allready did that with chartered (K8 65nm).
    Seeing as there where articles about AMD going Fabless earlier in the year i dont think it matters.
    TAMGc5: PhII X4 945, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 2x Kingston PC2-6400 HyperX CL4 2GB, 2x ASUS HD 5770 CUcore Xfire, Razer Barracuda AC1, Win8 Pro x64 (Current)

TAMGc6: AMD FX, Gigabyte GA-xxxx-UDx, 8GB/16GB DDR3, Nvidia 680 GTX, ASUS Xonar, 2x 120/160GB SSD, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s, Win8 Pro x64 (Planned)

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn. View Post

Seeing as there where articles about AMD going Fabless earlier in the year i dont think it matters.
    mostly rumors, rather then news.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Thanks for explaining what TSMC is for us.... lol. Anyway TSMC has just started to prep their fabs to use SOI. Once they have that in check then they can pitch their sale to AMD so it is still not set in stone. All this will take a while so if TSMC that does help out AMD it will be when Fusion CPU's come out.

AMD is not going to go fabless any time soon.
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks for explaining what TSMC is for us.... lol.
    you're welcome! hope that helped...lol
    excuse me but TSMC is absolutely unknown to the public. And this is a public forum. I just mentioned what I found in this article, having never heard of TSMC myself before that...lol, no big deal.
    Last edited by Logos; 05-13-2008 at 11:43 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    mostly rumors, rather then news.
    Thats true but if they speculated that AMD wants to go fables then that means that there is no limit on the x86 licence for outsourcing.

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Lead Head View Post
    AMD is not going to go fabless any time soon.
    Definitely not after all the money and effort they spent in getting the few fabs they got up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Logos4 View Post
    you're welcome! hope that helped...lol
    excuse me but TSMC is absolutely unknown to the public. And this is a public forum. I just mentioned what I found in this article, having never heard of TSMC myself before that...lol, no big deal.
    TAMGc5: PhII X4 945, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 2x Kingston PC2-6400 HyperX CL4 2GB, 2x ASUS HD 5770 CUcore Xfire, Razer Barracuda AC1, Win8 Pro x64 (Current)

TAMGc6: AMD FX, Gigabyte GA-xxxx-UDx, 8GB/16GB DDR3, Nvidia 680 GTX, ASUS Xonar, 2x 120/160GB SSD, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s, Win8 Pro x64 (Planned)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12