Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "i strike the empire back..." 15K has fallen // D9GTR @ 1100MHz 32M

HWGurus
    Is there any ddr3 chip list? Cause ramlist isn't working...
    I can choose between

OCZ 1600MHz Platinum 7-6-6
    G. Skill 1600MHz HZ series 7-7-7
    OCZ 2000MHz Platinum 9-9-9
    Corsair 1600MHz 7-7-7

It is for E8400,Maximus Extreme...

Sorry for OT

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by quake6 View Post
    Is there any ddr3 chip list? Cause ramlist isn't working...
    I can choose between

OCZ 1600MHz Platinum 7-6-6
    G. Skill 1600MHz HZ series 7-7-7
    OCZ 2000MHz Platinum 9-9-9
    Corsair 1600MHz 7-7-7

It is for E8400,Maximus Extreme...

Sorry for OT
    By those specs, the OCZ...
    But I know which one I would pick....

None of them are 1600/2000mhz btw....
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

uncore challenged...
    i don't like chip lists because the ICs that come on modules change so often. for instance, the early G.Skill HZs were D9GTR, but now are all D9JNL. the 1000MHz Ballistix in my signature i just posted are D9GTS but lots of users have gotten D9JNL. at this point though it is pretty much the understanding that most 1000MHz kits are going to be D9JNL and obviously some 800MHz 7-7-7 kits are D9JNL now so expect all manufacturers to follow suit to bring costs down. the 900MHz 7-7-7 kits are likely going to still be D9GTR/D9GTS but if D9JNL is binning for that slot, don't be surprised to see it there either.

it is so hard to recommend memory because there are so many factors involved including what you are running for FSB, what your motherboard can run as far as tRD goes, what your needs for the system are, and your budget. i personally would recommend what ever is cheapest out of that list because the differences are going to be minimal and for daily use, the difference isn't going to be seen anyway. perhaps the OCZ 1000MHz kit if anything because then you are guaranteed a 1000MHz kit and can always run them at 7-7-7 at lower clocks if the system warrants it. they are dirt cheap here in Canada too.

and BTW, this is a DDR3 thread...so definitely not off topic
    i don't quote in my signature, but best WR ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)
    i can't even make that shyt up ^^^

HWGurus
    Then what to pick? And if you know say what chip is on that memory
    Maybe OCZ ReaperX 133M3MHz 6-5-5-18?
    Last edited by quake6; 05-19-2008 at 10:05 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
    i don't like chip lists because the ICs that come on modules change so often. for instance, the early G.Skill HZs were D9GTR, but now are all D9JNL. the 1000MHz Ballistix in my signature i just posted are D9GTS but lots of users have gotten D9JNL. at this point though it is pretty much the understanding that most 1000MHz kits are going to be D9JNL and obviously some 800MHz 7-7-7 kits are D9JNL now so expect all manufacturers to follow suit to bring costs down. the 900MHz 7-7-7 kits are likely going to still be D9GTR/D9GTS but if D9JNL is binning for that slot, don't be surprised to see it there either.
    sorry to dissapoint you, but 1800 777 kits are with d9jnl as well afaik.... actually D9JNL/JNM has better yields with 1800 cas7 than D9GTR/GTS from what ive seen.

when you max out the volts GTR/GTS beats JNL/JNM with cas7, but for an official spec with a not so high voltage... JNL/JNM beats GTR/GTS...

Well at least here at cellshock we dont change chips at all.
    for the D9JNL we made new products that clearly differ from the GTR stuff...
    But it seems everybody else is making it a big secret what chips they use...

HWGurus
    I wont go over 2.2v max max is 2.3v,so than better jnl?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just got onto this thread, 15+k in everest is astonishing, the other figures arn't too shabby either. Nice work...

Now I just need somewhere to live and some money so I can get some DDR3 going lol.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    i wouldnt go over 2.1v 24/7 with D9GTR/GTS...
    so gtr or gts or jnl or jnm will all be fine.
    its more about what cpu your running.
    quadcore = limited by fsb, so gtr/gts will get you slightly better results cause you can run slightly higher cas6 with low fsb/memspeed

dualcore, especially 45nm, jnl/jnm are better for high fsb/mem clocks with cas7 and cas8 just look at 3oh6's results perfect example

Aussie God
    JNL is the better at low voltage it seems, especially as they dont scale with voltage....

But Yet, I am to see the pair of JNL that will do 920mhz+ 6-6-5-12 trfc sub50, 32M stable.... Should be possible with most GTR/GTS at around 2.25-2.325v
    Competition ranking;
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;

HWGurus
    Ok,thanks...And one more question,I hope you wont be mad

1333MHz 6-5-5-15 cant be elpida or something like that? I was looking for OCZ ReaperX 1333MHz CL 6-5-5-18

Aussie God
    Ok,thanks...And one more question,I hope you wont be mad

1333MHz 6-5-5-15 cant be elpida or something like that? I was looking for OCZ ReaperX 1333MHz CL 6-5-5-18
    Hmm, too my knowledge, maybe my memory is a little bad - others then micron dont run low lats...

But those are 666mhz
    Another thing is micron, the current is usually rated to 1.8-2.0v by manuf...

The micron spec on all current chips is: 1.5v, later some with lower will be released.
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Xtreme Addict
    Hmmm, interesting info gathered in this thread in the past few days

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    JNL is the better at low voltage it seems, especially as they dont scale with voltage....
    it DOES scale with vdimm
    it just stops scaling at lower vdimm than GTR/GTS

920mhz+ 6-6-5-12 trfc sub50, 32M stable....Should be possible with most GTR/GTS at around 2.25-2.325v
    uhmmmm no
    and stop bashing JNL just cause it cant run as tight lats as GTR and GTS, look at jodys results, try to beat that with your beloved GTR/GTS at tight lats

not that i know of, elpida ddr3 needs high trcd
    this is either old micron ddr3 or new micron ddr3, most likely new micron.

The micron spec on all current chips is: 1.5v, later some with lower will be released.
    you mean the 1.35v ddr3 chips? they are already out
    Last edited by saaya; 05-21-2008 at 01:57 AM.

Aussie God
    Jody, sorry for this post...
    ------

Whats up with your mornings posts?
    This one, the one in Bachus' thread... What are you upto Sascha? Is this really what you want?

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    it DOES scale with vdimm
    it just stops scaling at lower vdimm than GTR/GTS
    IT stops scaling, and can handle HIGHER voltage without dying, GTR/GTS dies of voltage before stops scaling, this is OBVIOUSLY where Im getting at, its a overclocking/benchmarking community, not a guidance community for how to put your computer together...

uhmmmm no
    and stop bashing JNL just cause it cant run as tight lats as GTR and GTS, look at jodys results, try to beat that with your beloved GTR/GTS at tight lats
    As I've told you MULTIPLE times, I DONT HAVE A 790, how can I state it more clearly?? Do I need to send you an email as well?
    - And please, what makes you think that I dont have more then one kit and more chips, including JNL?

you mean the 1.35v ddr3 chips? they are already out
    SAMPLING, not massproduction... Why do you write they're out, when they're not? You have sight of this, why do you wish to state something false??? Your creditability isnt exactly high when you make such statements...

http://www.micron.com/products/dram/ddr3/partlist.aspx
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Xtreme Addict
    All right guys, no need to destroy Jody's thread, don't forget it's about a wonderful milestone being completed Why don't you lower your tones, and try to discuss like civilized people ... Do not use irony, no point in doing that (Sascha ) ... Do not also flah, flah, bla, bla about things, that you are not sure about - especially when you haven't tested your memory in more than one chipsets (and that's Intel ... huge difference from 790i, Marc that's to you ).

I'm not implementing that I'm more experienced than you guys (you are a 100 times more experienced than me, to be more specific ), but some things are pretty damn' obvious and I have to tell them ... Let us all inexperienced users, being inspired from your knowledge and learn new things

P.S. Marc what did you find inappropriate of Sascha to say in Bachus' thread ? He just said that DDR3 2133C9 is still a dream, as far as 24/7 is concerned
    Last edited by George_o/c; 05-21-2008 at 07:35 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    m.beier, dont apologize, you know your starting to argue again, so why dont you just stop it instead of doing it and then apologizing?
    if something i said pssed you off im sorry ok? ill just keep it to hardware and will ignore everything else

from what ive seen a lot of gtr/gts stop scaling at 2.1v or barely scale above 2.1v, and ive tested thousands of sticks... so please trust me when i say this.
    until today i havent heard of a single stick of d9jnl that died... so i dont know if d9gtr/gts can survive higher voltages. its pretty pointless with jnl to run higher voltages though since they dont run stable with those high volts

what does a 790 board have to do with this?
    look at michals results and mike guavas and metros and siouxs results. you dont need a 790 board for huge mem clocks

if you had a jnl kit and played with it then you would stop talking about JNL running 6-5-5 timings, cause thats nonsense...
    i got the impression you keep saying that to make JNL and JNM look inferior to GTR/GTS, but as i said, look at this and other threads, the new chips are different but not inferior, at least in my opinion

You can buy 1.35v ddr3 chips in large quantities... whether microns official status is sampling or mass production means little.
    Microns first DDR3 chips were officially only sampling for months after every memory mfg had already started selling kits...

back on topic:
    jody, did you ever go on a suicide screenshot hunt with this combo?
    im curious how close you could get to michals results since you seem to have a great board and several sweet sets of mem
    in the past competition is what REALLY made michal shine...
    maybe if somebody gets close to or beats his results he will spend more time on xs again trying to reach even higher scores hehehe
    Last edited by saaya; 05-21-2008 at 08:08 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    maybe if somebody gets close to or beats his results he will spend more time on xs again trying to reach even higher scores hehehe
    Hehe Good point though

uncore challenged...
    George, Sascha, thanks. Marc... off.
    back on topic:
    jody, did you ever go on a suicide screenshot hunt with this combo?
    im curious how close you could get to michals results since you seem to have a great board and several sweet sets of mem
    in the past competition is what REALLY made michal shine...
    i haven't gone straight up suicide running with any of my sticks because i really don't see the point. anytime i go over 2.1v i really want there to be a reason for it...and usually 32M SPi benching is it.

so far i have all but matched Michals dual 32M at 1114MHz and his max validation with dual channel at 1134MHz with the Ballistix at 8-7-6 but that single channel validation is just crazy. i might have to go to single stick to see what it will do but i won't be going too high with the volts for it...it might not need much either. i also haven't even set CL9 on this 790i so i might have to see how these two kits scale from 8-7-6 up to the same 9-9-9 Michal is running with those Dominators. i don't really expect much of a difference but you never know.
    i don't quote in my signature, but best WR ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)
    i can't even make that shyt up ^^^

Banned
    Im always late to the party...

Great results man, keep tearing it up on the 790. Lets see some DICE on that cpu too

Xtreme X.I.P.
    i haven't gone straight up suicide running with any of my sticks because i really don't see the point. anytime i go over 2.1v i really want there to be a reason for it...and usually 32M SPi benching is it.
    hmmm your right, thats what ive been saying as well, its just that i wanted to see some competition for michal hehehe.
    but the right way is to get michal to post more 32m and not to get everybody else to do more suicide screenshots...

i also haven't even set CL9 on this 790i so i might have to see how these two kits scale from 8-7-6 up to the same 9-9-9 Michal is running with those Dominators. i don't really expect much of a difference but you never know.
    from what ive heard, stability wise... it barely helps at all... for suicide screenshots it might help more...

Xtreme Addict
    but the right way is to get michal to post more 32m and not to get everybody else to do more suicide screenshots...
    hehehehe

from what ive heard, stability wise... it barely helps at all... for suicide screenshots it might help more...
    So if for example one manages to have his rams run stable at 900 with CL8 for 24/7 on 790i (790i & 24/7 ... - god damn' you Striker another data corruption again ), and then he plays at 900MHz with CL9 he won't gain anything as far as stability is concerned ? Why's that happening, can someone plz explain ?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    i really dont know... tbh, on intel boards i never saw a gain for cas9 over cas8... never...
    at any voltage from 1.5v to 2.3v i never saw a gain... but i tested in 25mhz steps... so maybe it does help, but less than 25mhz...
    on 790 it seems that cas9 helps more than on intel chipsets... i suspect that the chipset actually likes cas9 and its not really the mem that needs it.
    but im not sure...

anyways, from what ive heard cas9 gives 0mhz to 40mhz boost over cas8. so 2000 888 and 2040 999
    thats in benching stable, not suicide screenshots, and its with micron chips.
    other chips might actually like cas9 a lot more and scale more with it.
    Quimonda and samsungs older chips for example loved high cas.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    i really dont know... tbh, on intel boards i never saw a gain for cas9 over cas8... never...
    From what I've seen yeah, generally Intel boards do not clock very well in terms of both CL8 and CL9 ... Hence, why someone should even bother about gains for CL9 over CL8 ?

at any voltage from 1.5v to 2.3v i never saw a gain... but i tested in 25mhz steps... so maybe it does help, but less than 25mhz...
    hehe

anyways, from what ive heard cas9 gives 0mhz to 40mhz boost over cas8. so 2000 888 and 2040 999
    thats in benching stable, not suicide screenshots, and its with micron chips.
    So only bench stable huh ? Oh that's a small difference anyway, what the heck ...

Thanks for the info Sascha
    Last edited by George_o/c; 05-22-2008 at 10:52 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    your welcome goerge, ask s7even and dinos for more infos if your interested, those are the only 2 people who told me they saw a gain from going to cas9.
    everybody else said there was no gain or a tiny gain that wasnt worth mentioning. but s7even and dinos both used 790! so... thats probably why

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234