Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blizzard Wants Copyright Laws Changed

Xtreme Enthusiast
    at least make a new law instead of making the definition for copy right retarded. Abusing the english language

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Dude, copyright is abused specifically because no one understands it. You'd be amazed at what most university students think about copyright and the rights our laws grants the copyright holders. A big portion of people on the street would probably buy this argument about making a copy of the game into RAM even though it's total horse .
    Last edited by halo112358; 05-08-2008 at 12:08 PM.
    core i7 920, gigabyte EX58-UD5, 4870x2

DDC3.2 > PA120.3 > DD4870x2fc > Fuzion v1 > PA120.2 > EK Res

Xtreme X.I.P.
    why sue the cheat maker if they can get 1000x more money by suing the people that use it? my god, they are brilliant!

...soulless *******

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphiel View Post
    Hmm, this is controversial one, I think.

On the one hand, I totally get Blizzards point. On the other hand, no laws should be changed because of this, and it should be possible for Blizzard to take legal action with current laws to prevent what they wish. If it isn't, then tough luck for them, becuase there are too wide spread consequences that can't possible be enforced by law, if the law changes they want are implemented.

This being said with an ass's understanding of U.S. law and only what I believe is right 'n wrong. So the law may be on their side.
    QFT! See here's the Problem.

This is an issue of a copyrights and owner’s rights. Blizzard doesn’t want to treat Wow players are game-owners, but rather as license-holders. Blizzard might have trouble in court with this part, since in past legal issues with video games, courts have treated players as owners.
    See? Present a news item like this and it only serves to confuse and already confused consumer. The only owners of a Game are the Companies who ship them=P If you want to OWN a game (I don't mean playing and whipping it) you have to pay millions in many cases for its IP. If not, just like with Movies, Music, Software and tons of others, all you do is pay a license to use it!

No, the courts haven't treated players as owners, that's absurd!
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    why sue the cheat maker if they can get 1000x more money by suing the people that use it? my god, they are brilliant!

...soulless *******
    Because the Cheat maker isn't breaking the law until its installed! Something evem more Brilliant, don't use the cheat and you don't get sued
    Last edited by Donnie27; 05-08-2008 at 01:28 PM. Reason: made is ~ isn't
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If the judge is smart this is a pretty open and shut case - "sorry, your copyright claim is crap, tackle this as a violation of contract."
    core i7 920, gigabyte EX58-UD5, 4870x2

DDC3.2 > PA120.3 > DD4870x2fc > Fuzion v1 > PA120.2 > EK Res

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    Because the Cheat maker is breaking the law until its installed! Something evem more Brilliant, don't use the cheat and you don't get sued
    Don't use their product at all and you won't get sued!

Honestly, any company that attempts to sue it's customers (en masse) is retarded. They'll do more damage and harm in the long run than any money they can make up for it in the short term.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post

Honestly, any company that attempts to sue it's customers (en masse) is retarded. They'll do more damage and harm in the long run than any money they can make up for it in the short term.
    Sure, I think the Game is retarded! But I'm not about to trash folks for loving it. If their customers aren't cheating en masse, there's nothing for them to worry about, at least I think. But yes, you're right of course, don't install it.

No consumer is forced or have to steal any of this stuff to live.
    Last edited by Donnie27; 05-08-2008 at 06:35 PM.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    Outer Self: Thats it, I am boycotting Blizzard from now on. After they release Starcraft 2.
    corrected.

Bliz definitely went overboard in protecting WoW's user integrity...
    Athlon 64 3200+ | ASUS M2A-VM 0202 | Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400 | 3ware 9650SE 4LPML | Seasonic SS-380HB | Antec Solo
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0GHz | ASUS P5WDG2-WS Pro 1001 | Gigabyte 4850HD Silent | G.Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ | Samsung MCCOE64G5MPP-0VA SLC SSD | Seasonic M12 650 | Antec P180
    Core i7-2600K @ 4.3 GHz @ 1.30V | ASUS P8P67 Pro | Sparkle GTX 560 Ti | G.Skill Ripjaw X F3-12800CL8 4x4GB @ 933MHz 9-10-9-24 2T | Crucial C300 128GB | Seasonic X750 Gold | Antec P183

Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    DRAM production lines are simple and extremely cheap in a ultra low profit market.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    Outer Self: Thats it. I am boycotting Blizzard from now on, I cant belie...
    Inner Conscience: Wait you moron !! What about Starcraft 2 !!
    Outer Self to Inner Self: Hmmm....you bring up a valid point !!
    Outer Self: Thats it, I am boycotting Blizzard from now on. As soon as they release Starcraft 2.

Perkam
    Haha well said. *Waits for SC2 first...*
    Intel 2500k @ 4.6GHz | Noctua HSF
    8GB Mushkin DDR3
    Sapphire AMD HD 2GB 6970
    Crucial M4 120GB
    Noctua 120MM fans all around [dead silent]
    Creative XFi

Windows 7 Professional x64
    Arch Linux

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvincent View Post
    Haha well said. *Waits for SC2 first...*
    When cheaters just come in and screw up any online game

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Trooper View Post
    Remember when Blizzard was cool before it was rich? Funny how that happens...
    They're just trying to stop cheating, not make sure their content doesn't get stold.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post

There aren't enough cheaters to be concerned.
    They're still getting the monthly fee for the game from the cheaters, and sometimes cheating brings more customers.

If anything Blizzard needs to be worried about, it is spammers.
    I can't go into any major city without getting whispered a whole ton of spam

And Blizzard should at least try to make the low levels fun.
    It might be the first or second, or even third time through, but when you've done the same quests in a certain area a dozen or so times, it gets really repetitive and stupid.
    And low levels need better gear for Horde.
    Last edited by Zytek_Fan; 05-08-2008 at 08:32 PM.
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12