Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Need A Miracle and You're Prayers

D.F.I Pimp Daddy

Unhappy I Need A Miracle and You're Prayers

Hi, Guys My Cat and Best Friend Marshall of 16 Years has gotten seriously sick just recently and have found out that he has Congestive Heart Failure , Hyper Thyroid , Kidney (Renal Failure) and is in serious condition almost died once already and I saved him vs the Vet saying to put him to sleep I insisted on Iv Drip to get him re Hydrated and able to give me a foundation to work from and treat him with Supplementation , Chinese Herbal Medicine and Acupuncture and its worked very well and he made a complete turn around and went from 6 Lbs to 8lbs 5oZ But.....He had severe constipation and that pretty much keeps the toxins in the Body if you cannot stay regular and defeats the purpose so I had to get him sedated and flushed out with enema and what have you and he has relapsed back into previous state from I suppose the Sedation Drugs and now I have to administer 150cc of Fluid to him through IV daily and am hand feeding him his food and herbal mixes through syringe down his throat to get his Nutrition in him until he gets back hopefully to the Positive turn around I had him before the Sedation for the Enema and cleansing

Please help me in my Time of need and all of you say a prayer for my Best Friend Marshall as he is my Bestest Friend in the Entire World and I have had him since I was 20 Years old and was one of the First People for him to see when his eyes opened

Thats Me with Marshall 1 1/2 Month ago when he was said to be put to sleep .......Bastages!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Help because I really need some positive Loving Vibes sent his way........Me & The Grateful Dead>>>>>...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLDw_...eature=related
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img011.jpg 
Views:	659 
Size:	161.5 KB 
ID:	78043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img012.jpg 
Views:	647 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	78044   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img008.jpg 
Views:	640 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	78045   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19900925_2393.midsize.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	78046  
    Last edited by Brother Esau; 05-06-2008 at 09:16 PM.
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620
    12GB - Crucial ECC DDR3 1333
    Intel 520 180GB Cherryville
    Areca 1231ML ~ 2~ 250GB Seagate ES.2 ~ Raid 0 ~ 4~ Hitachi 5K3000 2TB ~ Raid 6 ~

Good luck to both of you.

He looks adorable

Xtreme Enthusiast
    My friend...

my little cat friend has stayed with me through thick and thin...

Her name is Penny.

I named here that because when she was a kitten.. and un-named... she played with a penny with great zeal.

Here is a picture of Penny. and me. And my new friend Ritzi the CLock-atoo. (Dang bad name filter won't let me type the real name.)

So... Penelope Pitstop....

From the "Wacky Racers" cartoon. She is the Penny cat... and she owns the house. Luckily she lets me and my wife live there.

And my new friend Ritzi the Ri. (The White atoo.) She loves to climb in my shirt and chew her way out. Great fun... for her. BAD for shirts. (I say "Ritzi the Ri" because she says can actually say "Ritzi Ri" very well. As well as "What you doing".)

Penny used to travel around the country with me. We stayed at a Homewood suites when I worked for the government. (For almost a year.) We had a room by the swimming pool... and all the other guests used to love the little kitty that would sit in the window and watch them.

She lived through thick and thin. And she was the one that caught my tears when I was sad and lonely. Luckily she is well and is now with my wife in Colorado. (While I am in Ohio... and had to get a freaking root canel today... a "welcome to ohio" surprise.) BTW: She was born in 1992.

But our little furry friends make us who we are. They love us and then piss us off when we are trying to work on our computers... and they walk right up and plop themselves down right in the middle of the work. But that's okay. We're not really mad... it's just like a child. You get mad... yell.. and then later regret it.

But anyway... Penny and Ritzi and I will meditate and if we journey we will ask that your friend Marshall be allowed to stay with you longer.

Good luck... and never let go. The kitties are more evolved (spiritually) than we are. In my opinion. My Penny is much wiser than I am. But that's not saying much. :-)

---K
    Last edited by keithlm; 05-06-2008 at 09:22 PM.
    FX-8350, Powercolor ATI R9 290X LCS, OCZ Vertex 4, Crosshair V Forumula-Z, AMD Radeon DDR3-2133 2x8Gb, Corsair HX1000W, Thermaltake Xaser VI, Xonar D2X, Water Cooling 140.3

Sixteen years old is a pretty good 'innings' for a cat.
    Perhaps, for the sake of Marshall so he will not suffer it is time to have him 'put down' humanely by the vet.
    I gently advise you to say your goodbyes and release him from suffering. Your sadness at losing him should not cause him to suffer any longer. We have had to do this to pets over the years and that is part of life, for animals live and die and it is better that they die without suffering.
    I will pray for you at this difficult time for you and that you will do what is best for Marshall.
    Phenom 9850; 8GB RAM; Gigabyte DS-5 motherboard; Vista-X64; ATI 2600-Pro.

Xtreme Mentor
    Bro E...

I hope your cat gets better, but 16yrs is pretty old for a cat...
    I understand your delema, I have a cat too, and she's almost 14. She's my baby and when she goes there's no doubt I'll be crushed..

I'm not a religious man, but I'll try to send good vibes to you and Marshall...
    Not sure how bad it is, and I'm not trying to sound harsh, but don't let your own feelings cause him pain....

I know when it's my time, I'll want to go with dignity...

Wish you guys the best........ Dave
    AMD FX-8350 (1237 PGN) | Asus Crosshair V Formula (bios 1703) | G.Skill 2133 CL9 @ 2230 9-11-10 | Sapphire HD 6870 | Samsung 830 128Gb SSD / 2 WD 1Tb Black SATA3 storage | Corsair TX750 PSU
    Watercooled ST 120.3 & TC 120.1 / MCP35X XSPC Top / Apogee HD Block | WIN7 64 Bit HP | Corsair 800D Obsidian Case

First Computer: Commodore Vic 20 (circa 1981).

Xtreme Member
    Good luck with it Campbell, it's a hell of a time. I feel your pain.
    I lost my friend a few weeks ago.

I'm not religious, but you and Marshall are certainly in my thoughts at this sad time.

Having been through similar experience when my best mate, Ben my Yorkie died of lymphatic cancer at only 6 years, all I can say is I hope you have the strength to let him go before he is in pain.
    It will tear your heart out and churn your stomach, but you must find the strength not to prolong any suffering.
    Remember energy can not be destroyed nor created, merely change it's state, believe that part of the energy which formed Marshall will remain and find a way to ease your pain.
    Excellent Guide to K10 Clocking Features,http://www.ocia.net/articles/k10overclock/page2.shtml

Asus Crosshair IV Formula
    AMD Phenom x6 1090TBE @ 4.03GHZ - 20 C @ idle
    IAS 9211-4i Hardware SAS SATA RAID Controller
    Cooling Switech H20-220 Ultima XT Plus
    RAM Mushkin Blackline 8GB @1600 7.6.7.15.1T
    PSU Tagan BZ900
    Sapphire Radeon 6870 - Liquid Cooled 28 C @ idle
    Samsung F1 1 Terrabyte x2 2TB RAID 0 Array
    Samsung F3 x2 - 2 terra in RAID 0 4 terra array
    Liteon iHS524 x3
    Cooler Master HAF 932 case

Xtreme 3D Team Member
    What can you say at a time like this. I have lost several very special friends over the years. It never gets easier, especially when they are as lovable as Marshall.
    I am a religious person and I am praying for marshall.

Pets give us unconditional love. They become closer than most humans ever could, They share our sorrow as well as our happiness. Marshall knows he has had a fantastic life and I'm sure from your emotion he knows how much you love him, and that his time is coming. cats especially can read our emotions. Make his last days as comfortable as possible and share some time with him, Try to be strong for him.

I've got one of the marshall photo's you sent me as my wallpaper so I will remember to pray for him. Hope he pulls out again, at least for another summer.
    QX 9650 5ghz with 1.55v 4.8ghz with 1.5v 24/7 in a VAPOLI V-2000B+ Single stage phase cooling.
    DFI LP LT X-38 T2R
    2X HD4850's water cooled , volt modded
    Thermaltake 1KW Psu
    4x Seagate 250GB in RAID 0
    8GB crucial ballistix ram

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Brother E,

I have never been a very religious man but you and Marshal are in my thoughts and prayers.
    It really is something how attached we can become to animals after only a short time....it goes without saying that they truely become members of our families in a few years, let alone 16.
    Obviously, 16 years is big portion of even a human life span but how much time any of us have, including our animal friends, is not written in stone. I cannot agree with posters that say to give up as 16yrs. is enough. As Marshal's family, he is depending on you to help him. Only you and Marshal (and I will assume he isn't talking) will know if he is in pain or suffering and to what degree. If he is suffering, it may be completely from illness and not age....just age making treatment more difficult. Most illnesses will cause some degree of suffering, even a flu....that does not mean it cannot or shouldn't be treated.
    Two years ago (next month), I lost a close kitty-friend of mine. My cat Ted was just short of 14yrs old at the time. He was sick and had diarrhea (sp?) and dehydration. I let myself be talked into having him put to sleep even though I knew he wasn't ready to die and could be treated. I was and am to this day positive he had at least a few years of time left. I had second thoughts and went to the vet to get him and take him home. After visiting him, I again (inexplicably) left him at the vets...to die. He was scared of the vets office and wanted nothing more than to get out of there, I'm sure. On the way out, even in the parking lot I kept waiting and almost turned around several more times. I'm still wracked with guilt over letting a family member die without doing everything that was reasonably possible. If I had just taken him with me and made even one quarter of the effort you have, things would have been different.
    I guess my point(and advice) in all this; After 16+ years, don't give up without doing all you can. You will regret it if you do. Only you will know when (and if) it is time.
    Official ORB bottom feeder.

Brother Esau,

I definitely feel your pain and you have my sympathy. I'm going through a very similiar thing with my Jade. He's 22 yrs old and blind, deaf and mostly lame due to arthritis. And he's a Himalayan and some jerk had the bright idead to breed him so that he prectically has no nose (he doesn't have enough room in his mouth for his tongue, so he's perpetually sticking his tongue out at me). Oh yeah, he has no teeth so I have to hand feed him. My vet recommended to put him down as well but I just won't do it.

You and your cat are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there little guy!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mid UK. Lift a few rocks, eventually you will find me.
    My best wishes and hopes for both Marshall and yourself. Marshall looks a right character.
    My cat and best friend of 20 years died about 18 months ago, I watched her being born, I watched her die, very upsetting.
    I still miss her and feel a certain sadness, yet I can smile and giggle at some of the memories of the antics she got up to.

I understand your anguish and concern for your friend.
    I do wish you both well.
    Fun Box: Asus P8Z68-V GEN3++Corsair AX850++i5 2500k@4.5Ghz-1.272v++Corsair A50++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++MSI R7970 Lightning++Audigy2 Plat-EX++TBS 6280 DVB-T2 tuner++256Gb OCZ Vertex 4.500Gb Caviar Black.500Gb Seagate Barracuda++Sony AD7240s++Lian-Li PC-60++Linux Mint/Win 7++Asus P238Q

Work Box: Gigabyte H61MA-DV3++Corsair HX620++i5 3450@stock++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++120Gb OCZ Agility 3++Linux Mint

Quantum theory in a nutshell: It's so small we don't know where it is, it could be here, it could be there.

Just 'cos it's legal don't make it right.

Attack Dachshund
    Good luck with Marshall... I know how you feel. I lost my dachshund of 14yrs over a year ago. She had been in end stage kidney disease for the last couple months... I too told the vet to go to hell when they said to put her down. But I watched her go downhill doing everything I could for 5 months... finally ending in complete renal failure... which is a very sick and painful state to be in. If I could go back and do it all over again, I would have chosen to not make her go through those 5 months of pain and suffering just to appease my need for her. she slept in my bed and lived indoors with me for 14yrs and I was very very attached... I went through some heavy grief after she was gone. but in hindsight, I now know it was my selfishness and my ignorance that extended her pain... I told myself at the time that just another couple months and she'll either make it, or we'll at least have more time together at the the least... those 5 months were for me, if I would have been a man and swallowed my needs and thought about her pain more, I would have let her go sooner and not prolonged her suffering and sickness.

It took me a while, and I still miss her and cry sometimes.. but at least she is not suffering anymore. I now know the real way to truly honor your past pet is to get another and pour your love into life again, this will keep your love alive in this life... keep it alive and when the next world arrives it will be alive to be reunited and renewed..

I'm not trying to tell you what is right or wrong for you and your pet.

I'm just saying from my experience, it is now very clear to me from going through it... looking back... what was compassionate and what was selfish.. and who paid the price more, me or my beloved pet.

I am Xtreme
    My best wishes to you and your feline companion Marshall, I have three cats and I know my cat is getting old too, he is 15 this year and I have had him since I was 8 (going to be 23 in May 24th). Pretty much Moonknight (my cat) has been with me since all the fun and playing to sitting at my feet watching me do homework and projects, and now graduate from college

I'm going home to see Moonknight in about a week, since about 2 months due to school and work. He is the black cat with what looks like a circle on his side, and when he was younger is looked like it was a moon (pepper outline) and inside the circle looked like a cat face with ears on top

Last edited by ZL1Killa; 05-07-2008 at 04:53 AM.
    2013 Rig: Mythlogic Pollux 1713: i7 4800, 16GB 14900 Corsair, AMD8970, 840 Pro RAID 0 (128gb), 265GB 840 Pro, 1TB HDD, Killer 1202, Win 7 x64
    PREVIOUS Desktop:EVGA E760 3-Way, 2x 5870, Corsair GT 6gb 1600, i7-920 @ 4.35ghz 1.42v, GTZ, EVGA waterblock, 2xthrmchil120.3+mcp655, Silverstone DA1kW, ARC-1220
    Laptop- ASUS G50V-A2@3GHz w/2gb RAM G.Skill
    Car: 01 T/A WS6 http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631954
    ...Ur car is sneezing?!...
    Help Save Lives Join World Community Grid!

Xtreme Addict
    Im not religious, but I wish you and Marshall goodluck! The longer your pet lives the harder it gets when it's sick/dieing. I know that from experience.
    Synaptic Overflow

CPU:
    -Intel Core i7 920 3841A522
    --CPU: 4200Mhz| Vcore: +120mV| Uncore: 3200Mhz| VTT: +100mV| Turbo: On| HT: Off
    ---CPU block: EK Supreme Acetal| Radiator: TCF X-Changer 480mm
    Motherboard:
    -Foxconn Bloodrage P06
    --Blck: 200Mhz| QPI: 3600Mhz
    Graphics:
    -Sapphire Radeon HD 4870X2
    --GPU: 750Mhz| GDDR: 900Mhz
    RAM:
    -3x 2GB Mushkin XP3-12800
    --Mhz: 800Mhz| Vdimm: 1.65V| Timings: 7-8-7-20-1T
    Storage:
    -3Ware 9650SE-2LP RAID controller
    --2x Western Digital 74GB Raptor RAID 0
    PSU:
    -Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W
    -Windows Vista Business x64

ORDERED: Sapphire HD 5970 OC
    LOOKING FOR: 2x G.Skill Falcon II 128GB SSD, Windows 7

Xtreme Addict
    Ask yourself this, is Marshall ready to go? He will let you know and you need to respect that.

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZL1Killa View Post
    My best wishes to you and your feline companion Marshall, I have three cats and I know my cat is getting old too, he is 15 this year and I have had him since I was 8 (going to be 23 in May 24th). Pretty much Moonknight (my cat) has been with me since all the fun and playing to sitting at my feet watching me do homework and projects, and now graduate from college
    Looks like a healthy, happy cat. I wouldn't say 15yrs., is too old....not unless there are problems. I suppose we all are more vulnerable to health problems with age. However, 15yrs, in and of itself shouldn't be a problem. A vet told me that a good way to make an analogy to human age (more accurate than the 7yrs. thing) is to figure 15 yrs. for their 1st. of life - since they mature faster, then 4 per there-after.

On another note, makes me think of an Arthur C. Clarke book I read years ago in which he mentioned the subject of how we tend to give our hearts to animal friends with life spans much shorter than our own. Not super relevant, just something stuck in my mind.
    Official ORB bottom feeder.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoZ View Post
    Ask yourself this, is Marshall ready to go? He will let you know and you need to respect that.
    That's a good point though. I mean, at a point you got to consider to let him sleep in. It's nice if he stays alive although not if he suffers a lot from it. But the longer he's sick but you keep him alive the harder it becomes for you to let him go an, well, I cant say anything about Marshall, but he might suffer from his illness.

Hell, if I would break my neck and be paralized I would drive me in my wheelchair into a river.

Our dog a few years back became cenile and dement-ish. So it started to behave quite annoying. It got scared like hell when my mom was cleaning the house, when there was thunder, hard wind. We got heavy sleep tablets to keep her silent. But it took 2~3 days before the effect wore out and that was so saod to see. Sometimes she was a lot better and didnt get paranoid from thunder.

At some point she started again, 15.5 years old or so. But we didnt want her to take the tablets anymore as that's just a period solution and it was sad to see her completely paralyzed with fear in the eyes lieing on her sleep place. At that point we decided to let her sleep in as we didnt want to remember her as a crap dog being annoying but as the coolest dog ever and didnt want to make her illness ruin those memories.
    Synaptic Overflow

CPU:
    -Intel Core i7 920 3841A522
    --CPU: 4200Mhz| Vcore: +120mV| Uncore: 3200Mhz| VTT: +100mV| Turbo: On| HT: Off
    ---CPU block: EK Supreme Acetal| Radiator: TCF X-Changer 480mm
    Motherboard:
    -Foxconn Bloodrage P06
    --Blck: 200Mhz| QPI: 3600Mhz
    Graphics:
    -Sapphire Radeon HD 4870X2
    --GPU: 750Mhz| GDDR: 900Mhz
    RAM:
    -3x 2GB Mushkin XP3-12800
    --Mhz: 800Mhz| Vdimm: 1.65V| Timings: 7-8-7-20-1T
    Storage:
    -3Ware 9650SE-2LP RAID controller
    --2x Western Digital 74GB Raptor RAID 0
    PSU:
    -Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W
    -Windows Vista Business x64

ORDERED: Sapphire HD 5970 OC
    LOOKING FOR: 2x G.Skill Falcon II 128GB SSD, Windows 7

Xtreme Member
    Campbell...really don't know what to say, to make you feel better, wishing you all the best for you and Marshall, seams too vague, for what will came. Be strong, and don't forget, there are times in our lives, that we have the tendency for think about our selfs, thinking that we are thinking in the ones we love.
    Anyway, writhing this, I'm sharing your sorrow, I've been there, more times that I wished for...

Be brave, my friend...

Paulo

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    Marshall is doing better today and is attempting to eat voluntarily . Keep the positive good wishes and positive thoughts coming guys

Just to clear a couple of things up it was late when I posted this thread and I suppose it might help if I hadn't failed to mention that up until last Friday when I had to have him mildly sedated to get his stool flushed out Marshall was indeed Eating and Drinking on his own without the need of my intervention with fluid Hydration and and feeding orally
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620
    12GB - Crucial ECC DDR3 1333
    Intel 520 180GB Cherryville
    Areca 1231ML ~ 2~ 250GB Seagate ES.2 ~ Raid 0 ~ 4~ Hitachi 5K3000 2TB ~ Raid 6 ~

Xtreme Member
    ill definitely keep you two in my prayers. its hard losing a pet after so long. my mother lost her c ocker spaniel named corky after 15 years. i was able to see him one last time when i was on R&R from iraq. a month later he passed. its still hard to believe that its been a year.

heres some pictures of my pets

thats what happens when i fall asleep at my parents house. all the animals like to sleep on me :-P the huge gray cat is Cloud. the little tiger striped cat is DLB (delbi) if you ask my niece what DLB stands for, she says Delta's little baby (Delta is her mother. DLB was the only kitten she was pregnant with) if you ask my dad, he says either dirty little *bastige* or demonic little *bastige* (*= sensored). then the jack russel terriers name is Dixie. her and Delbi are best friends. they play together and sleep on the furniture together. its pretty cool to see.

delbi is mine. she follows me throughout the house. when i go to bed, she follows me into my room and waits for me to get the bed ready. once im in, she jumps on the bed and then gets under the blanket and crawls down by my feet to go to sleep. shes a wierdo as ive never seen or heard of a cat doing that before 0.o

heres Cloud laying on my uniform the night before i had to go back to iraq. he didnt want me to leave either.

heres another picture of cloud snoozing on my girlfriend.

thats delbi and dixie playing. my mom put that stinking pink thing on dixie to help keep her warm in the winter time

delbi and dixie sleeping together

and this is my girlfriends cat Aldo. he just turned 18 last month, so hes getting up there. my girlfriend has had him since she was 2, so its going to be hard for her when he goes.
    Main System: Core i7 860-Kingston LoVo DDR3 1866-eVGA P55FTW--2x Gigabyte GTX460's in SLI-Intel X25-M 80GB-WD Caviar Black 1TB 32MB Cache HDD-Razer Barracuda AC-1-Corsair TX750-Samsung Dual Layer DVD Burner-Pioneer Dual Layer DVD Burner-Cooler Master CM690-II Advanced-Thermaltake Frio
    Secondary System: Core i3 530-eVGA H55-2x2GB Crucial DDR3 D9KPT -BFG GTX260-500GB Seagate 7200.12 HDD-Corsair HX620-NEC Dual Layer DVD Burner-Antec 300-Cooler Master Hyper 212+

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Esau View Post
    Marshall is doing better today and is attempting to eat voluntarily . Keep the positive good wishes and positive thoughts coming guys

Just to clear a couple of things up it was late when I posted this thread and I suppose it might help if I hadn't failed to mention that up until last Friday when I had to have him mildly sedated to get his stool flushed out Marshall was indeed Eating and Drinking on his own without the need of my intervention with fluid Hydration and and feeding orally
    Good news mate.

When they still want food and water they're ok.
    Tell him that I said to keep it up.

Xtreme Member
    Good luck for your friend.

Xtreme Addict
    Hope you get well soon, Marshall.
    1.7%

Xtreme Mentor
    Sorry to hear this Camp, just read it now [I normally only check subscribed - time]

Good to hear the updates, Marshall seems much better now then. Look after it but always be prepared for the inevitable

Be strong Bro

Xtreme Addict
    also just read right now.. bad news again, but i hope the positive trend since yesterday will last at least a while, so marshall can recover...

best wishes too from me and my wife!!!
    1. ASUS Sabertooth 990fx | FX 8320 || 2. DFI DK 790FXB-M3H5 | X4 810
    8GB Samsung 30nm DDR3-2000 9-10-10-28 || 4GB PSC DDR3-1333 6-7-6-21
    Corsair TX750W | Sapphire 6970 2GB || BeQuiet PurePower 450w | HD 4850
    EK Supreme | AC aquagratix | Laing Pro | MoRa 2 || Aircooled

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast