Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: using car radiators...why not?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iboomalot View Post
    forgot you aren't in the USA

Tim "the toolman" Taylor is a person played on a CitCom here in USA. He takes ordinary tools or products and makes them more manly by beefing them up

example would be fitting a Jet engine to a lawn mover to soup it up.

I was saying that you have a "manly" pump

might look these over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV2MehkFcTw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY5WxDqggbs
    You just made my day! I just feel like the toolman and many of you here sound like "Al". I can just image the toolman working on my pump and mocking all conventional users.

I can just hope to have better luck myself with my "beefing" up project. By it would seem that my pump has trouble performing to specs with an ek supreme... I'll figure it out sooner or later.

to naja002: happy to hear you have the rad hooked up. As for the cap don't worry: before you can even see any trace of vapor coming from your rad your hardware wil have already gone to the magical place where all hardware goes after their useful life. A place, I might add, where Ati leads and Nvidia can't get even a single card out on time... a place where phenoms can bully intel qx quads in dark alleys and can still manage to run superpi under 4 secs 1m. A paradise for sure...

just joking...
    Last edited by Alexontherocks; 05-29-2008 at 11:02 PM.
    Watercooled by:
    ek supreme
    2 iwaki md-30rz in series
    2 Audi tt 44x66cm car radiators....

The Ultimate Tribute to Radiators...

Daily:

Xtreme Addict
    Have you considered using the mag9 for general water circulation, and just plumbing in a D5 or DDC inline, say inside the pc pulling from the manifold. They would be dumping into the res after that so it shouldnt mess with overall system pressure in theory as well.

In essence, making your large loop into a sort of res all on its own thats your computers take from and dump to as needed.
    Phenom 9950BE @ 3.24Ghz| ASUS M3A78-T | ASUS 4870 | 4gb G.SKILL DDR2-1000 |Silverstone Strider 600w ST60F| XFI Xtremegamer | Seagate 7200.10 320gb | Maxtor 200gb 7200rpm 16mb | Samsung 206BW | MCP655 | MCR320 | Apogee | MCW60 | MM U2-UFO |

A64 3800+ X2 AM2 @3.2Ghz| Biostar TF560 A2+ | 2gb Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 | Sapphire 3870 512mb | Aircooled inside a White MM-UFO Horizon |

Current Phenom overclock

Max Phenom overclock

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    wait until someday when your system pops a leak and you have three dead cats . . .sorry to be harsh but I prefer to not see that happen over something as trivial as water-cooling. Doing something in ignorance is one thing . . .but to continue when you know is totally different. At least make sure your cats will not have access to the area where your computer is.

My watercooling is completely enclosed inside of my MM UFO, so my cats dont have access to it and the only time my cats are in my room is if Im in there with them. They have nasty habits of chewing cords...

Either way I still have no fear of a leak. Im using 7/16 over 1/2 barbs with hose clamps on every barb. Been doing it this way for a few years now and no problems.

So are you trying to say Im stupid for running the something in my system that can potentially be harmless to not only myself, but my pets? I guess I had better get rid of all my asprin, cleaning supplys that are kept under the kitchen sink in full access of my pets as well as get rid of my beer in the fridge. Im taking the necessary precautions with my system and am fully willing to accept any consequences if they happen. My animals have a better chance chewing thru a the bottle of pinesol under my sink while Im gone at work than they do drinking the prestone in my loop
    Phenom 9950BE @ 3.24Ghz| ASUS M3A78-T | ASUS 4870 | 4gb G.SKILL DDR2-1000 |Silverstone Strider 600w ST60F| XFI Xtremegamer | Seagate 7200.10 320gb | Maxtor 200gb 7200rpm 16mb | Samsung 206BW | MCP655 | MCR320 | Apogee | MCW60 | MM U2-UFO |

A64 3800+ X2 AM2 @3.2Ghz| Biostar TF560 A2+ | 2gb Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 | Sapphire 3870 512mb | Aircooled inside a White MM-UFO Horizon |

Current Phenom overclock

Max Phenom overclock

Xtreme Addict
    Any updates on this, Alex? Just wondering how you are coming along with it....?

Xtreme Member
    Fortunately my exams finished today so I should be able to get the project going. I am a little afraid that my pump is not suited for prolongued use but I guess we will find out soon enough
    Watercooled by:
    ek supreme

Daily:

Xtreme Addict
    Sounds good. Hoping you did well on your exams. I would tend to agree on the pump, but if you need to sell it: Keep in mind that the Reefers will snap something like that up!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer411 View Post
    Have you considered using the mag9 for general water circulation, and just plumbing in a D5 or DDC inline, say inside the pc pulling from the manifold. They would be dumping into the res after that so it shouldnt mess with overall system pressure in theory as well.

In essence, making your large loop into a sort of res all on its own thats your computers take from and dump to as needed.
    A bit late, I know, but.....

That's basically how it works now, minus the added pump(s) (D5/DDC). The Mag 9 currently provides plenty of flow for the 2 PCs that are hooked up to the setup. Whether or not it will handle 3.....I won't know that until after I hook the 3rd one up. But I've been busy spending money on other stuff, so its going to be a couple...3 months until I'm ready to build another PC.

If the flow is not sufficient after I add a 3rd PC....then I will either add another Mag 9, or replace the one I have with a Mag 12 or 18, etc. I'll just have to look into it further at that time. I like the idea of 2 pumps inline, but I may just go with a bigger pump. Mag Drives are very reliable pumps....
    Last edited by Naja002; 07-15-2008 at 11:36 AM.

Xtreme Member
    just wanted to say that I completed my project.....

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=202589

opinions are very welcome!
    Watercooled by:
    ek supreme

Daily:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567