Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: D-Tek Fuzion vs EK-Supreme?

Xtreme Member

D-Tek Fuzion vs EK-Supreme?

Hey. I was just wondering. EK-Supreme versus the D-Tek Fuzion block?

I am going to order this weekend, so a quick reply would be nice.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What kind of pump do you have, and is the cpu in a loop alone?

D-Tek Fuzion quad nozzle & MCW30
    8800GTS 512 @820/999/1998 with a MCW60
    2xMCP655b
    1xMCR320 and 1xMCR120 with 4x Yate Loon SH's
    2x Raptor X

Trying to make similar decision here, only I am thinking quad nozzled D-TEK VS EK Supreme

Loop is CPU - MCW60 - EK S-Max (NB), PA120.3
    Pump is DDC Ultra Petratech top
    Asus Maximus Formula SE | Stock Fusion block
    QX6700 | D-Tek FuZion
    Corsair TWIN-X 2048 DDR 800 3-4-3-9 | Dominator Fan
    Matrox Parhelia APVe | Swiftech MCW60R
    Enermax Galaxy 1000W
    Silverstone TJ09
    2x Raptor 150GB, 4xWD 500GB
    Water cooling: Zalman Reserator II (long story) used as Radiator / Reservior only with two 800pm fans mounted on top ; DDCT Ultra+ PetrasTech.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The EK is supposed to be fairly restrictive, and the general thought is that it should really only be used in it's own loop. I was trying to make the decision myself with the D-Tek vs. EK and ended up using the D-Tek. I am using the 5.5mm nozzle right now and I still see plenty of flow in my res with 3 items in the loop. I would say with the free flowing nature of the rest of your loop, you would probably be better off with a D-Tek with a nozzle kit.

D-Tek Fuzion quad nozzle & MCW30
    8800GTS 512 @820/999/1998 with a MCW60
    2xMCP655b
    1xMCR320 and 1xMCR120 with 4x Yate Loon SH's
    2x Raptor X

Xtreme Addict
    everyone is wonder which is better, both DTek and EK have a great reputation and you can expect great products from both, the real difference is weather or not it suits your application.

i also asked this a few weeks ago, and honestly now ive decided on the EK Supreme, first off. EK has amazing quality, when i saw the inside of the block i was sold. just amazing. and it suits my application perfectly, single CPU loop.

but then again i really am choosing the EK b/c i already have a DTek, wouldnt mind having another but for a few dollar difference, ill go with the EK for my application.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    For CPU only loops and a strong pump I think with both nozzled it's going to be close race, but for multiple block loops, D-Tek provides greater flexibility.

I'm testing some of the TDX blocks right now, and amazed how free flowing the new MC-TDX is, it's even better than a fuzion for pressure drop by a hair. Going to have to make a nozzle for it and see how that does..

Xtreme Member
    My pump is a DDC-655 or something.
    1200 LPH

And I will be running a dual-graphic cards setup.

Radiator is a PA.120.3. And the CPU is not in a loop for it's own, unfortunately.
    Last edited by LockBreaker; 01-11-2008 at 12:56 PM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoffey View Post
    The older TDX blocks (last version) had 5 different nozzles for them made by DD. Does the new MPC version have them?

andyc
    Not yet, it would be easy enough to make though...just need to match the ID of the barb.

OK I'm looking at running a single loop with CPU & GPU but with 2 x DDC 3.2's with Petra's top. Main reason for a single loop is because I want to have the rads in a different room to the computer so am trying to cover about 3 - 4 meters distance with tube. Looking at flow estimators I get higher flow rates with both pumps in the loop than either loop would archive individually.

1.6 GPM for a CPU loop with Quad Nozzled Fuzion (Which I believe is similar in restriction to a stock EK Supreme)

1.45 GPM for GPU loop with EK FC-8800

Where as It estimates 1.75 GPM if I have a single loop with 2 pumps in series.

So what would you suggest for a loop like that? Iv'e been thinking the EK because people have been saying it performs better with stronger pumps/more flow and I think 1.7GPM or so of flow is in the higher range. But now you have me interested in this Aqua Computer block Any links for it? Or an opinion would be great.

Thanks

Ok don't worry I just looked it up. It looks awesome but for the price it would want to be. To get it in Australia makes it twice the price of the EK or Fuzion & I don't see it being that much better.

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    HI, Just to throw this thread off in a little different direction, i have the Apogee™ GT and love it. I keep reading about these 2 other blocks and being a lover of the best, i want to change, but I keep telling myself that it will only change the difference in temp by a few degrees, so it doesn't make any sence. AM i on track with my thinking. How big of a delta do you think is between the "Apogee™ GT " and the EK-Supreme or the D-Tek Fuzion. Would i be correct to say that it would be 5 degrees MAX, Ihave great Rad's and flow so it's not an issue of setup but of pure performance.

Thanks for all your time and effort!....

Internal structure: the CNC machined C110 copper base plate is at the heart of Apogee™ GT cooling efficiency. Designed using Computational Fluid Dynamics, the Patent Pending Diamond Pin Matrix was further optimized in the "GT" version resulting in increased surface area and coolant velocity. The thickness remains at 3mm to promote a high compliance factor with its mating surface (i.e. the CPU heat spreader) thanks to the base plate flexing ability. This particular feature allows additional "tweaks" to the Apogee™ generation of water-blocks and may yield substantial performance gains.

HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Not yet, it would be easy enough to make though...just need to match the ID of the barb.
    Martinm210 your looking at making a nozzle kit that fits in a parallel barb which i've never seen??

As i explained in PM, the nozzle kit for the TDX fits into the TDK base but as the MC-TDX pins are as high as the base itself i just don't know how this can be unless you plan for the nozzles to fit into the barb itself which would mean they could fit into any block.................look forward to seeing it though

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    Here's a newcommer to the CPU block market but it looks like the bomb...

Enzotech SCW-1 Sapphire CPU Waterblock

HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by evil-98 View Post
    everyone is wonder which is better, both DTek and EK have a great reputation and you can expect great products from both, the real difference is weather or not it suits your application.

i also asked this a few weeks ago, and honestly now ive decided on the EK Supreme, first off. EK has amazing quality, when i saw the inside of the block i was sold. just amazing. and it suits my application perfectly, single CPU loop.

but then again i really am choosing the EK b/c i already have a DTek, wouldnt mind having another but for a few dollar difference, ill go with the EK for my application.
    i wonder whose to blame for this....

Ummm.... however this doesnt look exactly how i wish it would look, but everything else was good:

But finally! someone who gives correct advice! You need to decide via application first not via reputation. 1 h2o loop will always be different then the other unless you have the exact bends and use the EXACT amount of tubing, and your pump is the same bin with the exact same rpm... yada yada yada...

The Enzo cant perform as good as this tho. And i hear some of them are cracking.

More pics for your pleasure. Evil gets a round 2 at it.

I wish i had cute little crystal dolls i could put next to my items in my picture like wind does in the motherboard section
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 01-11-2008 at 06:07 PM.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I sprung for that enzotech block, it looks nice, but the agogee GT still did better in my loop. IMHO great bang for buck block. I've moved the enzo into my media server box and it looks great with the abit 975x board.
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by systemviper View Post
    Here's a newcommer to the CPU block market but it looks like the bomb...

Enzotech SCW-1 Sapphire CPU Waterblock

Air velocity? Bad Translation?

Xtreme Mentor
    A review on theEnzotech SCW-1 Sapphire: http://www.virtual-hideout.net/revie...ck/index.shtml
    Asus Maximus SE X38 / Lapped Q6600 G0 @ 3.8GHz (L726B397 stock VID=1.224) / 7 Ultimate x64 /EVGA GTX 295 C=650 S=1512 M=1188 (Graphics)/ EVGA GTX 280 C=756 S=1512 M=1296 (PhysX)/ G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB) SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) / Gateway FPD2485W (1920 x 1200 res) / Toughpower 1,000-Watt modular PSU / SilverStone TJ-09 BW / (2) 150 GB Raptor's RAID-0 / (1) Western Digital Caviar 750 GB / LG GGC-H20L (CD, DVD, HD-DVD, and BlueRay Drive) / WaterKegIII Xtreme / D-TEK FuZion CPU, EVGA Hydro Copper 16 GPU, and EK NB S-MAX Acetal Waterblocks / Enzotech Forged Copper CNB-S1L (South Bridge heat sink)

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmiester View Post
    Martinm210 your looking at making a nozzle kit that fits in a parallel barb which i've never seen??

As i explained in PM, the nozzle kit for the TDX fits into the TDK base but as the MC-TDX pins are as high as the base itself i just don't know how this can be unless you plan for the nozzles to fit into the barb itself which would mean they could fit into any block.................look forward to seeing it though

I had a couple of ideas on the MC-TDX nozzles

-Simple, maybe replace the stock barb with one that is smaller and use a fuzion nozzle, may still need some heatshrink tubing around the nozzle to make it snug.

-Still simple - Machine a brass nozzle to fit precisely into the barb.

-Make a custom G 1/4 barb with a nozzle built in. I've got a G 1/4 die on hand now, so I could just make a new barb with a nozzle (symetrical only) and screw it into place.

-More extreme - machine out a 5/8" countersink into the underside of the acrylic top and make some large shallow nozzle plates to fit between the pins and sit nicely into the top. I have a chunk of 5/8" delrin rod sitting here that would be perfect for it. Then I'd have a huge area I could mak all sorts of nozzles. If I didn't want to mess up the stock top, I could just use some 1/2" lexan I have on hand and make my own top.

-Even more extreme. With a custom top I could make a "Mother of all" Barb for the inlet and fit the nozzle in there.

Plenty of options...

Xtreme Member
    But innstalling the nozzle kit for the D-Tek Fuzion, would'nt that make the Fuzion block restrictive to?

Or is this a misunderstanding?

Xtreme Addict
    Hey.

Few comments.
    I am very comfort that Supreme beats the Aquacomputer DI block.
    The metal jet plate is laser cut and the edges are discoloured. Nothing to worry
    Also all the reviews that have been made shows that Supreme brats the Fuzion for more that 3 °C.

Currently only this one from over-clock3d.net

Beat that 99% if you can
    http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews.p..._water_block/5
    Quote Originally Posted by creidiki
    EKs are like waterblock pr0n

Xtreme Mentor
    Congratulations Eddy!

Not many others have managed to get an independent site to rate a CPU block higher than the D-tek.

Good job buddy.
    Asus Maximus SE X38 / Lapped Q6600 G0 @ 3.8GHz (L726B397 stock VID=1.224) / 7 Ultimate x64 /EVGA GTX 295 C=650 S=1512 M=1188 (Graphics)/ EVGA GTX 280 C=756 S=1512 M=1296 (PhysX)/ G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB) SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) / Gateway FPD2485W (1920 x 1200 res) / Toughpower 1,000-Watt modular PSU / SilverStone TJ-09 BW / (2) 150 GB Raptor's RAID-0 / (1) Western Digital Caviar 750 GB / LG GGC-H20L (CD, DVD, HD-DVD, and BlueRay Drive) / WaterKegIII Xtreme / D-TEK FuZion CPU, EVGA Hydro Copper 16 GPU, and EK NB S-MAX Acetal Waterblocks / Enzotech Forged Copper CNB-S1L (South Bridge heat sink)

Xtreme Member
    And the conclusion is? I'm still wating for a clear reply for if I should go with the EK or the D-Tek CPU-block.

SLI and an overclocked quad core, MCP-655 pump.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy_EK View Post
    Hey.

Few comments.
    I am very comfort that Supreme beats the Aquacomputer DI block.
    The metal jet plate is laser cut and the edges are discoloured. Nothing to worry
    Also all the reviews that have been made shows that Supreme brats the Fuzion for more that 3 °C.

Currently only this one from over-clock3d.net

Beat that 99% if you can
    http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews.p..._water_block/5
    Eddy,

1) Are there any other tests of the EK water block?
    2) How tall are the ridges in the copper base plate?

Thanks,

David

Xtreme Addict
    Really should be a stock Fuzion v2, if your going to compare.

Banned
    test has been done before V2 fuzion arrived...

maybe andy could test these blocks? if he has the time that is..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast