Thread: Asus p5n-d problem

I am Xtreme

Asus p5n-d problem

Hey guys i need some serious help!

I had my Q6600 overclocked to 4 gigs for a while running benchmarks. It is on a vapochill and the temps never dropped below -5*C. I got 4 gigs of OCZ vista gold memory and dual 8800gt's.

I only overclock the cpu for benchmarking and never bothered overclocking the ram or the videocards. Recently I went to raise my cpu clock back up from stock where I normally use it daily and it would't boot into windows, just kept coming up with a blue screen saying hardware failure. It works fine on stock clock and even with memory and videocards overclock it works fine but won't boot once the cpu is anything more than 100mhz above stock. Same hardware failure problem.

I corrupted a windows XP installation overclockiong once and though this may be the same thing but just checking in with you guys before I jump and reinstall. BTW i am running vista 64 and no matter what vcore i give it, whether it be 1.3 or 1.6Volts it still gives the same message with any sort of overclock on the cpu.

Hopefully someone can help me!
    Daniel
    Thermaltake Xaser VI Case
    ASUS P7P55 Motherboard
    Intel i7 870
    AMD 4870X2
    8 gigs of OCZ Fatal1ty DDR3
    CoolIt Boreas 12 TEC CPU cooler
    Coolermaster UCP-1100W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by {GOD}Raptor22
    I find it exceedingly humorous how you sit here and continue to play keyboard warrior even though you know you are wrong.

I am Xtreme
    Which mobo are you talking about now ? the D or the E ? memory controller borked ? did you do a reset of the Cmoss ? tried a reinstall of windows ?
    Last edited by Leeghoofd; 04-29-2008 at 12:45 PM.
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

I am Xtreme
    It is the P5N-D. I havent reset cmos, that is if it has a reset cmos jumper anywhere lol and I havent trid reinstalling windows. Just wondering though, could it be a PSU problem? Cause my power supply just just blew up...
    Thermaltake Xaser VI Case
    ASUS P7P55 Motherboard
    Intel i7 870
    AMD 4870X2
    8 gigs of OCZ Fatal1ty DDR3
    CoolIt Boreas 12 TEC CPU cooler
    Coolermaster UCP-1100W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by {GOD}Raptor22
    I find it exceedingly humorous how you sit here and continue to play keyboard warrior even though you know you are wrong.

I am Xtreme
    heheh that could be it ofcourse... hope it didn't damage any of the hooked up components... Which PSU was it ?
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree