Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of Having Kids?

Xtreme Member
    if i did have kids, I'm not sure yet, i think that they would end up pretty warped people. I, and most of the people i know, think that I'm strange and i have no idea how this extreme level of strangeness would affect a child.
    3570K @ 4.5GHz w/ EK Supreme HF
    ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE
    MSI OC 7970 w/ XSPC razor
    8GB DDR3 1600
    64 GB SSD & 2 TB HDD
    Fractal design Arc Midi w/ internal 3x140 SR1 rad

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgard_thor View Post
    THREAD RESURRECTION!

I want kids! and be like will smith from Bad boys 2 xD
    Move to West Philly and grow up there like he did :P.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ARC1450 View Post
    Thank the deity of choice for a wife with reproductive problems.
    Damn, that's harsh. Is she also so thankful that she can't be a mother?

Xtreme Cruncher
    LOL...the OP is pretty accurate! I didn't want kids either. There I was in my early thirtes, no serious girlfriend, had my own business, no debt, thought I had it made in the shade. Then I found out my GF of 1 month was pregnant. Instead of letting my world collapse or running away, I decided to step up to the plate and take responsibility and I'm glad I did. We're now married and have 2 wonderful boys ages 3 years and 5 months. I agree that most of the time it's a royal PITA and there's no way to live the care free lifestyle you enjoyed before having children. But the rewards far outweigh the shallow, meaningless things like partying, fancy toys, etc that you may have to give up. Being there every day to watch a small version of you grow up is just something that can't be put into words. It's an emotional experience beyond anything this world can provide. As Movieman said, their first steps, first words, graduation, or the first time you hear "I love you Daddy" after reading a bedtime story is just something you can't experience anywhere else and there's no way to explain it to someone who hasn't experienced it themselves.

As for waiting until you're financially ready, just don't even worry about that. If you're smart about it you can live just fine on what you make today. I pay myself $30k/year salary out of my business and my wife does not work. Out of that I max out my RRSP's every year and contribute enough to my 2 boys college funds that it'll be paid up by the time they are 7 or 8. My house is 35 years old, my van is 7 and both are nothing to brag about. But they are paid for. When something breaks I fix it myself. We very rarely eat out, don't have cable/satelite, no golf membership, don't drink/party, etc and don't buy anything that we can't pay for in cash. The bottom line is you can make it work if you play your cards right.
    i7 3970X @ 4500MHz 1.28v
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4x4GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133MHz 9-11-10-27
    Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC 3-way Crossfire
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    HK 3.0-MCP655-Phobya 400mm rad
    Corsair AX1200i
    Sandisk Exrtreme 240GB
    3x2TB WD Greens for storage
    TT Armor VA8003SWA

I am Xtreme
    I at one stage wanted 5-7 kids ....

now... I could easily get by with 0
    DNA = Design Not Accident
    DNA = Darwin Not Accurate

heatware / ebay
    HARDWARE I only own Xeons, Extreme Editions & Lian Li's
    https://prism-break.org/

Xtreme Member
    i wont have kids, not because i hate em but because they would probably hate me. I'd certainly make a terrible father and i wouldn't be able to take care of them emotionally, which is far more important than financially.

even if for some reason i was able to care for one, i'd probably adopt. I got a genetic disease that i wouldn't want to knowingly inflict upon anyone.

so for me... no kids, and i think the world is better place for it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by fallwind View Post
    snip... (no offence )
    I love to hear stories like that, thanks

On a less serious note, who needs that stuff when you've got yourself a kickin' rig?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by fallwind View Post
    As for waiting until you're financially ready, just don't even worry about that. If you're smart about it you can live just fine on what you make today. I pay myself $30k/year salary out of my business and my wife does not work. Out of that I max out my RRSP's every year and contribute enough to my 2 boys college funds that it'll be paid up by the time they are 7 or 8. My house is 35 years old, my van is 7 and both are nothing to brag about. But they are paid for. When something breaks I fix it myself. We very rarely eat out, don't have cable/satelite, no golf membership, don't drink/party, etc and don't buy anything that we can't pay for in cash. The bottom line is you can make it work if you play your cards right.
    QFTFT!
    DNA = Design Not Accident
    DNA = Darwin Not Accurate

heatware / ebay
    HARDWARE I only own Xeons, Extreme Editions & Lian Li's
    https://prism-break.org/

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by .Logic View Post
    I love to hear stories like that, thanks

On a less serious note, who needs that stuff when you've got yourself a kickin' rig?
    Ah, the joys of "business expenses" ! I'm much more productive in Quickbooks and Excel on a rig like this...lol! Seriously, everyone needs to look into some sort of home-based business. The tax advantages are hard to ignore.
    i7 3970X @ 4500MHz 1.28v
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4x4GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133MHz 9-11-10-27
    Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC 3-way Crossfire
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    HK 3.0-MCP655-Phobya 400mm rad
    Corsair AX1200i
    Sandisk Exrtreme 240GB
    3x2TB WD Greens for storage
    TT Armor VA8003SWA

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well I will let you Know if its all true, wife is due to have our first kid any hour/day NOW!
    24/7 PC CoolerMaster CM690 + 7 fans(its HOT as HELL in Shanghai) Intel Xeon E3 1230 3.3-3.7Ghz, 2x8GB DDR3 1600 G-Skill, HD GT630 2GB, Scandisk Pro 256SSD 2x2TB Green, 2x 3TB WD Green Data Drives. HTPC Q8400, EP45 UD3L 4x1GB Gskill6400, 1xWD Black 640GB,2x2TB WD Green, 2xWD 1TB Blue(RAID1), Sapphire 4530 512MB,

Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.

Mitch Ratcliffe, U.S. technology journalist and blogger

XS News
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai Robinson View Post
    Kids are overrated and a pain in the arse. I hope i never have any. Worlds too overpopulated anyway, i'll just be doing my part by not having any.
    You might think that until you hold YOUR kid for the first time. I do miss my free time and being able to come and go as I please but I would pick my life with kids over my life without kids any day of the week.
    RIP Dad. I will miss you always.

Q6600,DFI X48 T2R,280 GTX,4gig ReaperX,XiFi Prelude,LL TYR PC X-2000,Westinghouse 37,Klipsch 5.1 Ultra

Nice list, most of it is true. I fought the idea for over 5 years before the wife broke the news on the first one, now I have 2 boys, 3 years old, and 5 years old, and without a doubt the best 2 things to ever happen to me in my 35+ years of life.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuchnit View Post
    Why do you always have to bring two sockets into everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Because a one socket system is only 1/2 a system..
    You got two balls don't you?
    I rest my case!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I've come to the conclusion that I can't take over the world on my own. *sigh* Therefore I may need to breed minions.

I wonder can I get meself cloned.. a few times?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tiro_uspsss View Post
    I at one stage wanted 5-7 kids ....

now... I could easily get by with 0
    Same. Dont want drool on my evga 945i. :p

Quote Originally Posted by l33t p1mp View Post
    Same. Dont want drool on my evga 945i. :p
    ... close yer mouth then...

Xtreme Addict
    People always expect you to have kids later on. So I think I just adopt some 16 year olds, and when they are 18 I kick them out of my house

And now being serious. I wouldn't mind 2 or 3 kids later. I see it as a natural part of life!
    >i5-3570K
    >Asrock Z77E-ITX Wifi
    >Asus GTX 670 Mini
    >Cooltek Coolcube Black
    >CM Silent Pro M700
    >Crucial M4 128Gb Msata
    >Cooler Master Seidon 120M
    Hell yes its a mini-ITX gaming rig!

Xtreme Addict
    i used to help up my mom by babysit children before this (yeah! i'm a guy.. and knows how to do housework)

well 1 baby and 2 child is tough job ... but it's still better than babysitting 50 workers ..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post
    ... close yer mouth then...

Riptide, wheres your cane? Dont you have to go tell them damn kids to get off your lawn?

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.
    where are those kick ass smilies when you need them
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that I can't take over the world on my own. *sigh* Therefore I may need to breed minions.

I wonder can I get meself cloned.. a few times?
    It worked for Dolly
    20 Logs on the fire for WCG: i7 920@2.8 X3220@3.0 X3220@2.4 E8400@4.05 E6600@2.4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12