Thread: 1055T @ 3.65 w/ m4a79t randomness.

1055T @ 3.65 w/ m4a79t randomness.

alright so I got my CPU on the 2nd, installed it on the 4th because I was impatient (who wouldn't be ), going for a 24/7 build here, don't quite care for 4.2ghz much at current because I cant seem to post with memory at 1600.

anyway here's my system specs, some benchmarks, and questions to follow.

* CPU Model: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T BE
    * CPU Stepping: CCBBE CB 1012DPMW
    * CPU Frequency: 3645 MHz
    * CPU vCore: 1.350V
    * CPU Multiplier: 13.5x
    * CPU Turbo: Disabled
    * CPU NB Speed: 2700 MHz
    * HT Ref Speed: 270 MHz
    * RAM Speed: DDR3-1440
    * RAM Timings: 6-6-6-16-1T
    * RAM Configuration: 4 GB (2 x 2 GB)
    * RAM vDIMM: 1.9V
    * Motherboard: ASUS M4A79T Deluxe
    * Chipset/Socket: AM3, 790FX + SB750
    * Cooling: Air (CM v8 with Yate Loon D12SH)
    * Temps: 32C Idle / 42C Load normally, 47 today due to room ambient.
    * Operating System: Windows 7
    * 32/64-Bit: 64
    * Stable/Suicide/Untested: Stable

and that does it for the specs, some benches...

I'm using the 3107 Bios

So anyway I had a 955 c2 before this, and I'd run the same memory speed, except I only needed 1.86v to make it work right, with this I can't get it prime stable for the life of me unless I run the memory at 1.9, I tried upping the voltage for the CPU & NB a bit to no avail.

1.9 is still in my memory kits spec (1.85 - 1.90v), just felt it to be weird having to change what has previously worked flawlessly, thoughts on that?

now my other questions are mostly about the board, I'm guessing the fact that I can't run 1600MHz even on stock CPU settings is due to the bios still needing to be adjusted to better handle the x6's?

as a sidenote for the CPU being stuck at 4x multiplier in this case on startup I clicked that green button in AMD overdrive a few times and left it with the red circle around it (I guess that disabled Q'n'C somehow, easier + faster than changing windows power management a couple of times to make it stick), cpu-Z still says its throttling sometimes but everything else (CoreTemp, Everest CPUID), and my numbers stay good in benchmarks.

seems to be a good chip though to handle 3.6GHz at 1.35, was doing 3.5GHz @ 1.325 before but figured I'd up it a bit, hopefully once a new bios comes out I can goto 4ghz @ 1.4v while running better memory speeds.
    Last edited by Shadowized; 06-06-2010 at 11:47 AM. Reason: forgot truecrypt

I guess leaving anything on auto for the memory sub timings left me with random issues, gained about 10% overall performance at same clocks so I guess it helped, cinebench score went up

gonna test out 3.8ghz @ 1.38v now then.