Thread: Need design help modding CM690 side panel window

Xtreme Addict

Need design help modding CM690 side panel window

I am getting the Coolermaster 690 and gonna Watercool the rig. I was thinking of Modding the side panel window from my friend who is a professional in this field, but I dont have a good design, I dont wanna mod the panel into a simple Rectangle window, want something sleek and unique, yet moderately sized panel that suits the design layout of the case, I am a noob at designing, So want help from you guys.

Thanks a Lot.
    Sound: Asus Essense ST | Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 | Norge 2060 Stereo amp | Wharfedale SW150 sub (coming soon)
    Camera Gear: Canon 6D | Canon 500D | Canon 17-40L | Canon 24-105L | Canon 50mm f1.4 | Canon 85mm f1.8 | Rokinon 14mm f2.8 | Sigma 10-20EX HSM | Benro A3580F + Vanguard SBH250 | Bag full of filters and stuff

Xtreme Member
    This is what i did with mine, maybe you could get some ideas fromk it

Customized water cooling my e2160 @ 3.618GHz
    Submit yours now http://www.extreme-showcase.com
    Professional & affordable website design, development, SEO, CMS & more | PM for details

Xtreme Addict

On the right some meshpanel.
    What do ya think?
    >i5-3570K
    >Asrock Z77E-ITX Wifi
    >Asus GTX 670 Mini
    >Cooltek Coolcube Black
    >CM Silent Pro M700
    >Crucial M4 128Gb Msata
    >Cooler Master Seidon 120M
    Hell yes its a mini-ITX gaming rig!

Xtreme Addict
    ownage, that looks sweet!

what kind of mesh you intend to use? the hex mesh is nice, but i find it too weak in the middle when you cover such a big area...
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times challenge and controversy."
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DIY: Self Clinching Nuts

Canon EOS 7D | Tokina 12-24mm f/4 | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mk II | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kinghong1970 View Post
    ownage, that looks sweet!

what kind of mesh you intend to use? the hex mesh is nice, but i find it too weak in the middle when you cover such a big area...
    Well, I'm not to intend to use anything since i don't have this case. I just made a drawing because i like to design things . I would use some AC Ryan mesh panel.

If you use the mesh on the right side it wont be to weak. I would use some ordinary Acrylic panel on the 2 left area's, 3mm or 5mm. That should te strong enough.
    >i5-3570K
    >Asrock Z77E-ITX Wifi
    >Asus GTX 670 Mini
    >Cooltek Coolcube Black
    >CM Silent Pro M700
    >Crucial M4 128Gb Msata

Xtreme Member
    For that design you will have to use the rear side panel like i did
    Professional & affordable website design, development, SEO, CMS & more | PM for details

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ownage View Post
    On the right some meshpanel.
    What do ya think?
    Wow, this is a really nice design, thanks mate for your efforts .
    I have edited your design a bit, I used M$Paint since I cant run Photoshop on my back-up PC (XP2600+).

How's this ?

The Grey lines are just for measurement purpose. The edges wont be sharp, it will be curved.

@taylormsj I saw your design in the "Coolermaster 690 case thread", Its really nice.
    Last edited by ANP !!!; 04-18-2008 at 07:11 AM.
    Sound: Asus Essense ST | Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 | Norge 2060 Stereo amp | Wharfedale SW150 sub (coming soon)
    Camera Gear: Canon 6D | Canon 500D | Canon 17-40L | Canon 24-105L | Canon 50mm f1.4 | Canon 85mm f1.8 | Rokinon 14mm f2.8 | Sigma 10-20EX HSM | Benro A3580F + Vanguard SBH250 | Bag full of filters and stuff

Xtreme Member
    Thanks, i used the ACRyan hex mesh panel, i wouldnt use it tbh, its pretty thin and flimsy, i would go with the small holed mesh they produce

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ANP !!! View Post
    Wow, this is a really nice design, thanks mate for your efforts .
    I have edited your design a bit, I used M$Paint since I cant run Photoshop on my back-up PC (XP2600+).

How's this ?

The Grey lines are just for measurement purpose. The edges wont be sharp, it will be curved.

@taylormsj I saw your design in the "Coolermaster 690 case thread", Its really nice.
    You made it even better I don't like the second one, just doesn't seem right to me in terms of design.
    But it's your panel, go with ever you like most.
    taylormsj: You're right, the other hex mesh is better. I assume you mean THIS stuff?
    >i5-3570K
    >Asrock Z77E-ITX Wifi
    >Asus GTX 670 Mini
    >Cooltek Coolcube Black
    >CM Silent Pro M700
    >Crucial M4 128Gb Msata

Xtreme Addict
    I made some more complex designs using your layout.

Again all done with Paint. Again there wont be any sharp edges.
    Last edited by ANP !!!; 04-19-2008 at 11:19 AM.

I made a similar mod recently...but I'm not happy with the mesh I used....the holes are too small are too far apart. I looked hard put couldn't find a hex mesh.

taylormsj ---> can you post the link of the hex mesh you suggest using? or just let me know the hole size

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by katmandude View Post
    I made a similar mod recently...but I'm not happy with the mesh I used....the holes are too small are too far apart. I looked hard put couldn't find a hex mesh.

taylormsj ---> can you post the link of the hex mesh you suggest using? or just let me know the hole size
    I agree. You should try other mesh. Apart from that its still a great mod.
    I want mod my P180 sidepanel but it has 3 layers. I don't know if i can make something of it. The P180 is a big challenge when it comes to casemodding .
    Maybe I just should go with a CM690 or some Lian-li.
    >i5-3570K
    >Asrock Z77E-ITX Wifi
    >Asus GTX 670 Mini
    >Cooltek Coolcube Black
    >CM Silent Pro M700
    >Crucial M4 128Gb Msata

Xtreme Addict

The A.C. Ryan MeshxPanel which Taylormsj linked to is out of stock everywhere in USA. You can find it here
    FrozenCPU & P-PC

A.C. Ryan MeshxPanel™ HEXX isnt a bad panel as well
    FrozenCPU
    Last edited by ANP !!!; 04-19-2008 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ANP !!! View Post
    The A.C. Ryan MeshxPanel which Taylormsj linked to is out of stock everywhere in USA. You can find it here
    FrozenCPU & P-PC

A.C. Ryan MeshxPanel™ HEXX isnt a bad panel as well
    FrozenCPU
    I'm not looking to import the mesh from the US. It works out way too expensive in the US. like for example the mesh I used in my CM690 cost me only Indian Rupees 30 (US $ 0.75). It came in the Silver Steel color by default...I had to then spray paint it black. Then I had to sandwich it between two 2mm acrylic sheets to make it stay sturdy.

I'm just trying to figure out the most ideal size for the mesh holes (in mm) and the distance between the center of the holes...so that I could source it locally from India itself.
    Can anyone who has used the AC Ryan MeshPanel...tell me the hole size diameter and the distance between the hole centers in mm. Would really appreciate it.

Xtreme Addict
    I'm not looking to import the mesh from the US. It works out way too expensive in the US. like for example the mesh I used in my CM690 cost me only Indian Rupees 30 (US $ 0.75). It came in the Silver Steel color by default...I had to then spray paint it black. Then I had to sandwich it between two 2mm acrylic sheets to make it stay sturdy.

I'm just trying to figure out the most ideal size for the mesh holes (in mm) and the distance between the center of the holes...so that I could source it locally from India itself.
    Can anyone who has used the AC Ryan MeshPanel...tell me the hole size diameter and the distance between the hole centers in mm. Would really appreciate it.
    Oh alright, sounds good.