Thread: Forget Rednecks...

Xtreme Member

Talking Forget Rednecks...

...here's what Jeff Foxworth has to say about Ohioans
    people from Ohio will find this very funny, others maybe just mildly

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you may live in Ohio.

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you may live in Ohio.

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in Ohio.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in Ohio.

If "Vacation" means going anywhere south of Cleveland for the weekend, you may live in Ohio.

If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Ohio.

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in Ohio.

If you have switched from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again, you may live in Ohio.

If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you may live in Ohio.

If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you may live in Ohio.

If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in Ohio.

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you may live in Ohio.

If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph -- you're going 80 and everybody is passing you, you may live in Ohio.

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you may live in Ohio.

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you may live in Ohio.

If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you may live in Ohio.

If you find 10 degrees "a little chilly", you may live in Ohio.
    There are no dangerous weapons, there are only dangerous men. - RAH
    Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh Sweet! For brightening up my day beyond the call of duty, Sir, I'll award you +1.5 PWN points

Lol....

Xtreme Cruncher
    I certainly first saw that related to Michigan, and it makes more sense to me for Michigan. Ohio... not fast drivers. And since most of Ohio is already south of Cleveland, why is that a vacation ?
    Nice try, folks, but that's about THIS hellhole, not the one to the south of here ! :p

don_xvi helps find cures for cancer, AIDS and West Nile, among other research !
    Donald A. Perlick helps find cures for Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's, among other research !

Xtreme Member
    why is every michigan driver this way ==> I'm going to pass you doing 90mph, and then slow down, but stay in the left hand lane, forcing you to pass me on the right, if you get over to the left lane, I'm going to speed up and get within 6" of your bumper, you get back into the right hand lane, repeat sequence
    or is that just the ones that get lost down here???

being from north carolina, I can't say that Ohio drivers are any better, just a different kind of behavior, they all seem to have a "me first" mentality....I'll be going 60 in a 55 with no one behind me and raining, and someone will cut me off so I have to stand on my brakes, and then do 5-10 under the speed limit

**By 'all' and 'every' I, of course, mean the stereotypical person. Present company, more than likely, excluded.
    Last edited by Thund3rb1rd; 04-14-2008 at 06:33 AM.
    There are no dangerous weapons, there are only dangerous men. - RAH
    Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.

Xtreme Cruncher
    To be honest thou, its pretty damn close. I did the whole, heat and A/C in one day thing just Thursday.

The speed limit thing is off, unless you're driving close to any of the major cities. Did that one this weekend too. Was doing 80mph just outside of Toledo, was getting passed constantly by people doing 90+mph. I will agree with Don thou, Michigan is worse in this aspect.
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Workstation: Intel Core i7 4770, Asus Maximus VI Gene, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1866, eVGA SC GTX Titan, 256GB Crucial M4, Corsair HX850, Corsair H100i. Corsair Carbide 350D
    Fileserver: 2x AMD Opteron 2425HE, Supermicro H8DME-2, 24GB DDR2-667, Supermicro 846TQ 24bay Chassis, Redundant 920w, 256 Crucial M4 boot, 20TB Storage
    Notebook Asus Zenbook UX32VD-DH71, Intel Core i7 3517u, 10GB DDR3-1600, 256GB Crucial M4, Geforce GT 620M

Xtreme Cruncher
    I saw this when I lived in Michigan (grew up there). It fits MI. I know when driving back from Ohio back to MI about a mile before you hit the state line all the MI drivers are in the left lane starting to gain speed. Then once you hit the state line it is a race.
    Once known as GibbonThree

Xtreme Enthusiast
    FYI guys all of these apply to Utah as well. Especially the heater/AC. It was 40F in the morning and now It's 75F and sunny.

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    It was 31*f in oklahoma this morning and now it's 64*f..............
    Donate to Xtreme Systems!

Now Showing:
    Gigabyte x48-DQ6, Q6600,OCZ 1066 Reapers,2 750gb seagate 7200.11 hd, BFG 8800GTS 512,PC P&C 750 Quad psu, 24" Sceptre lcd, Antec 900

my wife's system now!
    Intel C2D 6400, Zotac Matx mobo, 1gb kingston mem, Nvidia 7050, I Feel really Good now!
    Jon C2D 6600 Zotac mobo 1gb mem............................................... ................. HTPC qx6700@3.0ghz
    Annabelle Amd 3800+@2.4ghz, Biostar mobo, 1gb ocz pc4500 beta's................. Optyx2 opty165@ 2.1 ghz

'Want a real high?
    Come crunch WCG and you'll feel like your on QuadCaine"

First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Xtremely unstable
    I live in Maine, can someone explain to me what's ac?
    There's still snow and 2'+ of ice on the lake here where I am.
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    TR ultra-x, 2 scythe ultrakaze push/pull
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -------------------------------

would you crunch if you thought it would save her life?

maybe it will!

Quote Originally Posted by Thund3rb1rd View Post
    If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you may live in Ohio.

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you may live in Ohio.

If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Ohio.

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in Ohio.

If you have switched from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again, you may live in Ohio.

If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you may live in Ohio.

If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph -- you're going 80 and everybody is passing you, you may live in Ohio.

If you find 10 degrees "a little chilly", you may live in Ohio.
    Those are the ones that I find so true, except 75 in 2 feet of snow, no I don't do that, but I have done almost 65 when it is a blizzard out in my RWD camaro that doesn't even have limited slip or traction control
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Thund3rb1rd View Post
    ...here's what Jeff Foxworth has to say about Ohioans
    people from Ohio will find this very funny, others maybe just mildly

If your local Rita's is closed from September through May, you may live in PA.

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you may live in Philadelphia.

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in State College, PA.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in The middle of now where.

If "Vacation" means going anywhere East of Camden, NJ for the weekend, you may live in PA.

If you measure distance in hours, you may live in PA.

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in Suburbia PA.

If you have switched from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again, you may live in NE PA.

If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you may live to far north.

If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you may live in Pentucky.

If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in North Phila, PA.

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you may live to far north.

If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph -- you're going 80 and everybody is passing you, you may live in Connecticut. (seriously, my gf was doing 80 and we had to get in the slow lane)

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you may live in PA.

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you may live to far north.

If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you may live to far north.

If you find 10 degrees "a little chilly", you may live upstate PA.
    like mine better :P

Oh wait, Ohio is right next to PA, that might be why?

Hamster Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post
    Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh Sweet! For brightening up my day beyond the call of duty, Sir, I'll award you +1.5 PWN points
    I thought that recently you said how much you "Love Ohio".
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by loonym View Post
    think of it like commercial phase cooling for the whole house
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Guru
    Hehehe, I'm from Ann Arbor, which only makes these funnier!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    I thought that recently you said how much you "Love Ohio".
    Yes. I'm waiting for some Hardware from Ohio people. So. I'm nice relatively speaking for now.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    think of it like commercial phase cooling for the whole house
    By the Way, nice to hear from you again nnstep
    gentoo amd64/2008.0-beta, gcc-4.2.3, glibc-2.7-r2, kernel 2.6.25 x86_64
    I crunch, and you should too. STATS

Hamster Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post
    Yes. I'm waiting for some Hardware from Ohio people. So. I'm nice relatively speaking for now.
    Oh, it's that...Conditional Love.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    Oh, it's that...Conditional Love.
    LOL IS there any other type?

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Yea, you tell them.. It's been hitting 60-75F here for the last 2 weeks and I still have a little snow in the shaded areas of the front yard.
    Tell them that in Maine you know when to celebrate Memorial Day as thats when the lakes are finally clear of ice!
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtremely unstable
    I've never quite understood why open water fishing season begins April 1 I walked down and looked and there were still over a dozen ice shacks out there
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    TR ultra-x, 2 scythe ultrakaze push/pull
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -------------------------------

would you crunch if you thought it would save her life?

maybe it will!

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    I've never quite understood why open water fishing season begins April 1 I walked down and looked and there were still over a dozen ice shacks out there
    Cause the fool that wrote it wasn't from Maine..
    The place I go fishing up in Quebec generally has ice out the first-3rd weeks of May..On a bad year they've had ice in June..
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtremely Hot Sauce
    Same thing for Upstate NY.

My toys:
    Asus Sabertooth X58 | Core i7-950 (D0) | CM Hyper 212+ | G.Skill Sniper LV 12GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | GeForce GTX 670-2048MB | OCZ Agility 4 512GB, WD Raptor 150GB x 3 (RAID0), WD Black 1TB x 2 (RAID0) | XFX 650W CAH9 | Lian-Li PC-9F | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | Core i7-920 (D0) | Stock HSF | G.Skill Sniper LV 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512MB | WD Caviar 80GB IDE, 4TB x 2 (RAID5) | Corsair TX750 | XClio 188AF | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Dell Dimension 8400 | Pentium 4 530 HT (E0) | Stock HSF | 1.5GB DDR2-400 CL3 | GeForce 8800 GT 256MB | WD Caviar 160GB SATA | Stock PSU | (Broken) Stock Case | Win Vista HP x86
    Little Dot DAC_I | Little Dot MK IV | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium (600 Ω) | TEAC AG-H300 MkIII | Polk Audio Monitor 5 Series 2's