Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OCZ Technology Announces World’s Fastest 4GB Kit, the Innovative PC2-9200 Flex II

Xtreme Mentor

OCZ Technology Announces World’s Fastest 4GB Kit, the Innovative PC2-9200 Flex II

OCZ Technology Announces World’s Fastest 4GB Kit, the Innovative PC2-9200 Flex II

OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today unveiled the Flex II memory series, designed for blazing speeds demanded by enthusiasts. These premium modules run at incredibly fast DDR2-1150 speeds for high-performance systems with integrated water-cooling. Designed to the very core to offer enthusiasts the thermal management innovation of hybrid water and passive cooling, the new PC2-9200 Flex II Series offers rock-solid stability and performance for your high-end gaming or overclocking system.

The OCZ Flex II heat management solution enables high-frequency memory to operate within an optimal balance of extreme speeds and low latencies without the high temperatures that inhibit or damage the module. Each PC2-9200 Flex II memory module features this breakthrough thermal management technology from OCZ. Combining an effective new heatspreader design with integrated liquid injection system and dedicated channels directly over the module’s ICs, Flex II effectively dissipates heat produced by high-speed memory. This sophisticated series was engineered with a unique “flexible” design to give enthusiasts the option to run the modules passively or water cooled via the thick array of aluminum fins, and the concurrent use of both options promotes maximum heat dissipation.

“One of the side effects of extreme memory speeds is an increase in performance robbing heat, and the new Flex II modules are among the most powerful memory solutions in the market place yet are able to remain cool and stable with an innovative new cooling design,” commented Dr. Michael Schuette, VP of Technology Development at OCZ Technology. “The thermal power is addressed using what we believe is the most advanced memory cooling solution currently available, suited for either liquid or air cooling system configuration to unleash the full power of 4 GB of DDR2 at the highest possible frequency.”

The PC2-9200 Flex II modules are optimized for the latest cutting edge platforms and will be available in high-capacity 4GB (2x2048MB) dual channel kits for the latest gaming, 64-bit operating systems, and CAD applications. In its continued effort to make overclocking a user-friendly pastime, OCZ includes all the necessary accessories right in the box to setup your unique water-cooling system immediately after purchase, without the inconvenience of searching for additional hardware. As part of OCZ’s line-up of premium memory, the Flex II series is backed by a Lifetime Warranty and industry-leading technical support.

Harnessing the elite performance of high speeds, tight timings, and leading-edge heat dissipation, the unparalleled design of the new Flex II is a complete, all-encompassing solution certain to set a new standard for serious enthusiasts.

For more information on the OCZ Flex II PC2-9200 4GB Kit, please click here.

OCZ Technology

http://www.techpowerup.com/57466/OCZ...0_Flex_II.html

[Review] Core i7 920 & UD5 » Here!! « .....[Review] XFX GTX260 216SP Black Edition » Here!! «
    [Review] ASUS HD4870X2 TOP » Here!! «
    .....[Review] EVGA 750i SLi FTW » Here!! «
    [Review] BFG 9800GTX 512MB » Here!! « .....[Review] Geforce 9800GX2 1GB » Here!! «
    [Review] EVGA GTX280 1GB GDDR3 » Here!! « .....[Review] Powercolor HD4870 512MB GDDR5 » Here!! «

Xtreme Enthusiast
    nice....maybe 1200 with 2.3v and wc?

SSD faster than your HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by OCFX View Post
    nice....maybe 1200 with 2.3v and wc?
    1.9 - 2.1V
    Last edited by RyderOCZ; 04-10-2008 at 01:03 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    with other wc solutions for ram the water stays at the top, I wonder if the way ocz did it with those new flex modules helps a lot since the water is far closer to the heat source, someone from here should torture some in a review.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RyderOCZ View Post
    1.9 - 2.1V
    Are you talking about warranty or overclocking potential?

1200 with 2.1v would be...NICE

Wanna look under my kilt?
    Not bad Can the ICs used be confirmed or denied?

K
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Mentor
    What chips? And what price? Will they work at those speeds on X38/48 or only with NVIDIA chipsets?

I'm in
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    And I thought the ReaperX heatsink was big.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
    And I thought the ReaperX heatsink was big.
    yepp. I think you can't put 4 modules of them in your mainboard.

OT: is your avatar from Snatch ? god I love that movie
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I need this mems on EVGA 750i/E8400 and future watercooling...damn!

Wheres the competition? Corsair? Someone? Prices must down as soon as possible

Xtreme Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    OT: is your avatar from Snatch ? god I love that movie
    OT: It's from Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking barrels. Snatch is like my favourite movie though

Xtreme Addict
    How restrictive this is would be a deciding factor for many people if you ask me.

If it's not restrictive to any serious enough degree I imagine it would be a solid product, but if not... Seems rather worthless as there's already many existing ram watercooling blocks which can allow four sticks to fit and are relatively unrestrictive.

Although personally I've never seen the point of super high end ultra RAMs period myself. Rather get some affordable sticks with good ICs and cool them whichever way I need.

Hamster Powered
    Now that is some damn sexy ram!
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

SSD faster than your HDD

I am talking only needing 2.1V to run 1200 or more.

No IC info, yet.

Xtreme Addict
    I think scaling past 2.1v is unlikely. Did you guys test if H20 gives any improvement over a fan?

Look forward to reviews, looks cool Ill give you that.
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

Xtreme Member
    like the new coolers

my d9gmh can't do 1200 @ 2.3V

To be a professional noob/idiot
    * Default factory speed is for noobs.
    * Everything must go above the speed that the factory consider safe.
    * Everything for more performance
    * Everything fits, and everything can be broken.
    * Most problems can be fixed by adding a volt or two.
    * Post things in your signature that makes no sense at all.

Xtreme Mentor
    I really want to see strong compatibility with X38 boards. If you can only run them at their rated speeds in non-Intel chipsets, then they're pointless for me.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Xtreme Addict
    What are those barbs for, 3mm ID tubes?

Do these even sell? I'd much prefer a simple finned heatsinks to this slot-
    robbing flowkillers if I was building a rig...
    Usual suspects: i5-750 & H212+ | Biostar T5XE CFX-SLI | 4GB RAndoM | 4850 + AC S1 + 120@5V + modded stock for VRAM/VRM | Seasonic S12-600 | 7200.12 | P180 | U2311H & S2253BW | MX518
    mITX media & to-be-server machine: A330ION | Seasonic SFX | WD600BEVS boot & WD15EARS data
    Laptops: Lifebook T4215 tablet, Vaio TX3XP
    Bike: ZX6R

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Cost?

Wanna look under my kilt?
    Quote Originally Posted by RyderOCZ View Post
    I am talking only needing 2.1V to run 1200 or more.

No IC info, yet.
    Can you discuss what chipset thats on? If the ICs are PSC, I cant see that being P35 compatable.

Im thinking through my fingers- im guessing the RAM is ideally suited to nV chipsets or it might be early sampling of Microns 68nm chips?

Last edited by K404; 04-10-2008 at 02:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Addict

true my gbpqs top out @ 1100, but hey i paid 70€ for them

but i don't see the point of these sticks as people who are willing to spend that much for watercooled ram kits simply go for DDR3....

EEDIT: nvm didn'T check the flexx prices recently, thought they still cost an arm and a leg....
    Last edited by generics_user; 04-10-2008 at 01:54 PM.
    Core i7 2600k|HD 6950|8GB RipJawsX|2x 128gb Samsung SSD 830 Raid0|Asus Sabertooth P67
    Seasonic X-560|Corsair 650D|2x WD Red 3TB Raid1|WD Green 3TB|Asus Xonar Essence STX

Core i3 2100|HD 7770|8GB RipJawsX|128gb Samsung SSD 830|Asrock Z77 Pro4-M
    Bequiet! E9 400W|Fractal Design Arc Mini|3x Hitachi 7k1000.C|Asus Xonar DX

Dell Latitude E6410|Core i7 620m|8gb DDR3|WXGA+ Screen|Nvidia Quadro NVS3100
    256gb Samsung PB22-J|Intel Wireless 6300|Sierra Aircard MC8781|WD Scorpio Blue 1TB

Harman Kardon HK1200|Vienna Acoustics Brandnew|AKG K240 Monitor 600ohm|Sony CDP 228ESD

sleepin is overrated
    Drool tastic they are going to be my next ram upgrade

can anyone one confirm if they will work well on x38 mobo's is a review out ????

What size are the barbs on the coolers, Any internal shots of the heat spreaders. 2.1v @1200 is very good news.

Can 4 be fitted or is the heat spreader to big for 2 sticks next to one another?

I glad to see OCZ is still getting new and exciting DDr2 Ram and DDr3 isn't stealing all the limelight.

Edit (borrowed from OCZ's site)
    1150MHz DDR2
    CL 5-5-5-18
    Available in 4GB (2x2048) Dual Channel Kits
    Unbuffered
    OCZ Lifetime Warranty
    2.1 Volts
    240 Pin DIMM
    2 x 1/4" ID (inner diameter) barbs

Special Features

Flex II XLC Heatsink*
    2.15 EVP**

Package Contents:

Flex II Memory Kit
    3/8" and 1/2" Barb Adaptors
    4-Way Manifold Barb
    40" Plastic Tube
    Manual

Part Numbers

4GB (2x2048) D/C Kit PN - OCZ2FXT11504GK

Important Note: Due to the width of the heatsink, Flex II memory kits cannot be installed on motherboards that require the modules to be inserted in sockets side by side. A maximum of one Flex II dual channel kit will fit on any motherboard with dual sockets.

so a choice of barbs and no 8 gb should anyone want to go there!!!!
    Last edited by -Acid-; 04-10-2008 at 02:01 PM.

SSD faster than your HDD
    No Review's yet... PR just went up on OCZ.com today. Don't expect product for at least 2 - 3 weeks on store shelves.

Just talked to the engineer...test platform was P35...so should be good to go on P35/X38/X48.
    NV chipsets have not shown a real liking to 2GB modules at high speeds (or at least my boards don't) so we are planning more NV testing.

No, 4 cannot fit, just like ReaperX. If you have a board with Dual Channel slots right next to each other...they are not going to fit. Disclaimer is on the product page.

Well they are Alu blocks and how restrictive are these blocks? Meanwhile it looks damn cute
    The first thing i learnt in the wc forum was not to mix metals. Or has this law been change or
    am i missing something. Do we get to see these rams with the normal heat sinks(Price cut).
    Last edited by Shocker003; 04-10-2008 at 02:37 PM. Reason: i didn´t see the alu on the first post.

MAIN RIG--:
    ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ---:AMD Ryzen 7 5800X--Aquacomputer Cuplex Kryos NEXT--:ASUS Crosshair VIII HERO---
    32GB G-Skill AEGIS F4-3000C16S-8GISB --:MSI RADEON RX 6900 XT---:X-Fi Titanium HD modded
    Inter-Tech Coba Nitrox Nobility CN-800 NS 800W 80+ Silver--:Cyborg RAT 8--:Creative Sound BlasterX Vanguard K08

Aint No Real Gangster
    These chips only use standard PCB? Not the OCZ 8-layer?

Wonder why the flagship 4gb kit wouldnt use the best pcb.
    Specs
    Asus 780i Striker II Formula
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale @ 4050Mhz
    2x2GB OCZ Platinum @ 1200Mhz 5-4-3-18
    MSI 5850 1000Mhz/5000Mhz
    Wester Digital Black 2TB
    Antec Quatro 850W

Cooling
    Swiftech Apogee
    Swiftech MCP-600
    HardwareLabes Black Ice Extreme 2

Audio Setup
    X-fi w/AD8066, Clock mod, & polymer caps > PPAV2 > Grado SR60 & Grado SR325i & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro & Beyerdynamic DT990 & AKG K701 & Denon D2000

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast