Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Innovation Cooling's Diamond 7 TIM test results

version 2.0
    I must say i'm not really impressed.
    If it's cheaper than AS5 I might give it a try.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbo03 View Post
    Haha, I thought this was just some April fool's day joke. Good stuff though, Now that its still going, I'm assuming it's quite legitimate.
    not a joke!

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    My first results on an opteron 144 oc'd to 2.4ghz Vcore1.42v, stock heatsink

I'm using cpuid's Hardware Monitor for temps.
    AS5 results 3 month cure time:
    Ambient 26*C
    Idle 44*C
    100% load 57*C

IC Diamond results 3 hour cure time:
    Ambient 26*C
    Idle 39*C
    100% load 51*C
    Reserved for 24 hour cure time:

New Q6600 stock heatsink, Vcore 1.14v, CPUID Hardware Monitor:
    Intel stock tim, 24 hour cure:
    Ambient 26*C
    Idle Core 0 40*C
    Core 1 43*C
    Core 2 40*C
    Core 3 40*C
    100% load Core 0 62*C
    Core 1 63*C
    Core 2 61*C
    Core 3 60*C

reserved for IC Diamond tim:
    Donate to Xtreme Systems!

Now Showing:
    Gigabyte x48-DQ6, Q6600,OCZ 1066 Reapers,2 750gb seagate 7200.11 hd, BFG 8800GTS 512,PC P&C 750 Quad psu, 24" Sceptre lcd, Antec 900

my wife's system now!
    Intel C2D 6400, Zotac Matx mobo, 1gb kingston mem, Nvidia 7050, I Feel really Good now!
    Jon C2D 6600 Zotac mobo 1gb mem............................................... ................. HTPC qx6700@3.0ghz
    Annabelle Amd 3800+@2.4ghz, Biostar mobo, 1gb ocz pc4500 beta's................. Optyx2 opty165@ 2.1 ghz

'Want a real high?
    Come crunch WCG and you'll feel like your on QuadCaine"

First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Stock heatsink probably will not apply enough pressure to spread the IC diamond TIM evenly.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bail_w View Post
    Stock heatsink probably will not apply enough pressure to spread the IC diamond TIM evenly.
    i agree with that on the Amd 939 stockheat sink as it can't be twisted very much to seat it well and spread the tim, but the intel sink will twist easily(before i set the pins) If i have to I can use screws to secure the intel sink. Maybe mod the mounts and use screws to apply more pressure.

Now Showing:
    Gigabyte x48-DQ6, Q6600,OCZ 1066 Reapers,2 750gb seagate 7200.11 hd, BFG 8800GTS 512,PC P&C 750 Quad psu, 24" Sceptre lcd, Antec 900

my wife's system now!
    Intel C2D 6400, Zotac Matx mobo, 1gb kingston mem, Nvidia 7050, I Feel really Good now!
    Jon C2D 6600 Zotac mobo 1gb mem............................................... ................. HTPC qx6700@3.0ghz
    Annabelle Amd 3800+@2.4ghz, Biostar mobo, 1gb ocz pc4500 beta's................. Optyx2 opty165@ 2.1 ghz

'Want a real high?

First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Xtreme Member
    Damn! you guys really are 24/7. I've got to log on at 2am and 6am to see latest results

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    lol, partner we're 24/7 kind of guys around here. We Live for computers........lol

Now Showing:

my wife's system now!

'Want a real high?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by tastymannatees View Post
    Damn! you guys really are 24/7. I've got to log on at 2am and 6am to see latest results

well, you better keep logged 24 hours a day during this weeken, plenty of results should be coming in.

Xtreme crazy bastid
    Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    lol, partner we're 24/7 kind of guys around here. We Live for computers........lol
    You say that like there's something else, mysterious, out there that other, not so normal, people might be doing.

I am Xtreme
    or the record I am about to install my other 640 8800, with a bare core, and giving the paste a shot @ bare 8800 core usage. It will also be under water, as I don't have the thermal pads for the HS (no idea where they went) its been over a year now since I pulled the HSF off when I got this particular card.

I will be using a:
    MCR240
    D5
    MCW60
    No Stock HS on the core (later 8800s came with out the IHS I believe)

According to Rivatuner, the card that is currently in this system with stock cooler and IHS on GPU is holding @
    GPU Core temp 52c
    Fan @ 100% (love Rivatuner :P)
    Ambient 38c
    Core Rop Domain @ 513Mhz
    Core Shader Domain @ 1188Mhz
    Memory Clock @ 796mhz
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Hamster Powered
    Update:

4/5/08
    14:43:00
    23.1c ambient

Idle:
    Core 0: 33c
    Core 1: 28
    Core 2: 33
    Core 3: 30

Load:
    Core 0: 44
    Core 1: 43
    Core 2: 44
    Core 3: 44

I almost pulled the mount today to inspect the TIM coverage (being new to this TIM and considering the thickness of the material I am not sure that I put a large enough "Pea" on the CPU) but decided to wait the full seven days as earlier planned.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme Member
    patience is a virtue buddy

Xeon x3220 g0 3.2ghz @1.2v Cooled by TRUE120
    Cruching 24/7

Xtreme Member
    I am looking at A weeks curing time which is making me think there is a pressure issue

Would you guys be interested in adding in a test that tells you how much pressure you are actually applying?

I am thinking it might be good to sell something like this with every tube.

http://www.sensorprod.com/static/heat_sink.php

I could buy some and ship a couple samples to each of you

Xtremely Hot Sauce
    These guys really are the 24/7 type.

Interesting stuff, though--the ICD7 and those pads.

My toys:
    Asus Sabertooth X58 | Core i7-950 (D0) | CM Hyper 212+ | G.Skill Sniper LV 12GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | GeForce GTX 670-2048MB | OCZ Agility 4 512GB, WD Raptor 150GB x 3 (RAID0), WD Black 1TB x 2 (RAID0) | XFX 650W CAH9 | Lian-Li PC-9F | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | Core i7-920 (D0) | Stock HSF | G.Skill Sniper LV 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512MB | WD Caviar 80GB IDE, 4TB x 2 (RAID5) | Corsair TX750 | XClio 188AF | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Dell Dimension 8400 | Pentium 4 530 HT (E0) | Stock HSF | 1.5GB DDR2-400 CL3 | GeForce 8800 GT 256MB | WD Caviar 160GB SATA | Stock PSU | (Broken) Stock Case | Win Vista HP x86
    Little Dot DAC_I | Little Dot MK IV | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium (600 Ω) | TEAC AG-H300 MkIII | Polk Audio Monitor 5 Series 2's

XS WCG Hamster Herder
    I am looking at A weeks curing time which is making me think there is a pressure issue

Would you guys be interested in adding in a test that tells you how much pressure you are actually applying?

I'd be willing to do it. Looks like really interesting stuff. I guess the procedure would be to dismount, clean up, put this film in between the CPU and sink, then clamp as normal. This is done without TIM just to get the pressure footprint? We then take the film out, then carefully mark the pin 1 position. LOOKS LIKE WE DO NOT WANT TO RUN THE MACHINE, AT ALL, ON THE FILM. It may melt the film and blow the CPU since it isn't TIM. After that, we paste it up and go from there.

The benefit to me is that I get to see a pressure footprint of my machines. So yes, bring it on. I'm thinking the 28-85 PSI flavor? You'll have to pick that out.

Anyone else willing?

Regards,
    Bob
    Last edited by 123bob; 04-05-2008 at 05:17 PM.
    If You ain't Crunching, you ain't Xtreme enough. Go Here
    Help cure CANCER, MS, AIDS, and other diseases.
    ....and don't let your GPU sit there bored...Crunch or Fold on it!!
    Go Here, Or Here

Xtreme Cruncher

I would be glad to help.

Xtreme Member
    I would think you would want 2 for each sample.

1 with no TIM, like you were saying. This would be used like a control.

The 2nd would be used with TIM. **edit: reading this after I posted it, I realized that the film would pick up the high pressures from initial mount. Regardless of how the TIM spreads after heat, the film would still show a large load in the center......hrm. back to the drawing board***
    Last edited by Thund3rb1rd; 04-05-2008 at 05:38 PM.
    There are no dangerous weapons, there are only dangerous men. - RAH
    Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.

Xtreme Member
    I call on Monday if it's reasonable I'll order a bunch of the stuff. I do have a problem this week in that that I was selected for a jury for 2 or 3 days starting Tuesday. may slow things up a day or two.

I think you just do a cold mount and check the contact, might be interesting to see how good the last lap job was.

Might be for anybody reviewing a heat sink also.

I think there a few similar products out there, I'll look around to see what's available.

Or you could all request a free sample from the company.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'm up for testing it .

Xtreme Member
    [QUOTE=tastymannatees;2896956]I think you just do a cold mount and check the contact, might be interesting to see how good the last lap job was./QUOTE]

Ya, that makes more sense. Especially the lap job checking. The film wouldn't allow the TIM to get into the really small spaces in the surface without direct contact with the TIM anyway (maybe, unless you did a 'polish' on that surface with the TIM).
    There are no dangerous weapons, there are only dangerous men. - RAH
    Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.

Xtreme Cruncher

yeah I would be willing to try that! I would like to know how much preasure this fuzion puts on the chip and board anyways. I got better temps with my migshift hold down I made for my 6002. count me in!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Update for the Third Try Pea Size Testing method:

Idle:

core 0: 44
    core 1: 43
    core 2: 37
    core 3: 40

Load ( after 48 hours + WCG 100% ):

core 0: 61
    core 1: 61
    core 2: 56
    core 3: 57

*Maybe should add a little more TIM.

After all, the Pea size method is so far the best in temperature and spreading the TIM evenly. Although there aren't much improvement (may because i was using 1.6v Vcore , but the temperature were very close to AS5.

Edit: Will update later with Aircooling results.
    Last edited by Bail_w; 04-26-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Xtreme Member
    I don't think you would put the paste on, only the pressure sensitive paper - the 28-85 psi would seem to do the job

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just thought I was going to put the Diamond 7 to a tough test today - a QX6700 that runs hot no matter what I do. So.... I shut down the computer with the hot running QX6700 (my "main" computer), replaced the AS5 with the Diamond 7. Fought with that !#@$ TRUE. Finally got it all back together. Wouldn't boot up.... Long story short - I had 4 sticks of Ballistix Tracer DDR2-1000 (2X1GB and 2X512MB) die at the same time. Now I'm running 1GB (2X512MB) of non Ballistix Crucial DDR2 ??? (800 I think) and instead of being clocked at 3.55GHz the QX6700 is clocked at 3.2GHz. There's a hit on my WCG output for a couple to few weeks.

It's definitely time to get in touch with Crucial. I now have 8 sticks of Ballistix that are dead. In addition to the 4 sticks mentioned above I also have 2 sticks of Ballistix DDR2-1066 and 2 sticks of Ballistix DDR2-800 that are dead.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I call on Monday if it's reasonable I'll order a bunch of the stuff. I do have a problem this week in that that I was selected for a jury for 2 or 3 days starting Tuesday. may slow things up a day or two.

I think you just do a cold mount and check the contact, might be interesting to see how good the last lap job was.

Might be for anybody reviewing a heat sink also.

I think there a few similar products out there, I'll look around to see what's available.

Or you could all request a free sample from the company.
    I put in for a free sample but my guess is they only give you one sheet to try. I would like to try a few different sheets to see different mounts.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast