Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Milestones for Team [XS]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    Not disintegrating really, but I've had a few issues with them here and there. A couple of the PSUs started venting their caps due to age, stress, and not being really high quality units (they are decent enough but rather old and certainly not close to a corsair or PCP&C unit) and the one just had a really wacky board issue for a while until I ditched it (it was an old celeron anyway and the AMD 3700+ that replaced it spanks it pretty well). Generally they run fine but every so often they zoink out. The joys of older hardware
    That's the hw I like, the one which needs constant tinkering but if you get it right still runs like a champ and makes us all proud

Though... I'm not running any right now because I'm missing some essential parts, working older hw, everything I had before the c2d is in hw heaven or close ( almost everything, some things I'm going to assure a last run before they can rest eternally ).

I have one mobo/ram/CPU/PSU set just sitting here not hooked up.... but I somehow doubt it is worth hooking up. Old K6-2 400MHz lol. Still works though, and I delidded it too!
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Banned
    Lol I'm not that high horsepower. Have a s939 with a venice 3200 laying which doesn't boot, could be anything since the dude ran it without cooling I think it's dead though. I mean, I tell em 3 times, your fan is busted it's not spinning that's why you have these issues ( bsod's ), get a new cpu cooler or atleast rig a fan up to it... he doesn't listen. I sold em the thing, but I thought ok what the heck and took it back and gave him a p4 2.4 fully working. Sempron 2800 also died, board for idk must be somewhere have to look it up. Banias lappy I dropped down the stairs while I was under extended warranty but they decided not to pay up to this day. Meh listing it makes me feel sad

Ya know what I have a 939 3200+ right here on my desk. I don't know what core it is though, I ran out of boards and ram sets to use it anymore. If you want it you are welcome to have it, though I have a feeling shipping would be a bit on the high side unfortunately. It is one of my "masterpieces" - I replaced three broken pins on it.
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Banned
    I would take you up on it but idk if for sure if it's the board or the cpu, and I once arranged a simular deal on another forum and I got the short stick. Not that I payed for it, but he promised a certain chip and what I got was a> another cpu and b> busted, all the while he's trying to accuse me off having had the right cpu but toasting it and not willing to admit it. I know this is a whole other ball park community, and even without that, I trust you as a person more then that guy, if only because you like XS

I took back the cpu with the board, it was a combo. I can pick up another s939 rig second hand for 10 euro or something, but even that seems allot of money for the performance ( I'm getting spoiled by intel... ). Fahwise I would be happy if I got a couple of hundred points from it, though I was thinking of putting two gpu folders together, or one with both an nVidia and an Ati card ( vm's for the os's to prevent driver conflicts, think it should work ) and then a 3200 oc'd to 2.7 which is ran semi stable on my asrock. On a good mobo it might do better, with vista x64 I might run two cards from it..

Ahh well, nice pipedream

The CPU works now, that I do know. I'd give it to you for just shipping really as it is doing me no good just sitting here and to be honest, regardless of how well the chip works, I would feel a bit funny selling a CPU with 3 replaced pins on it. I can't imagine that it has a whole lot of dollar value right now anyway considering its age
    The Cardboard Master

Banned
    Well if you want to donate it, I'll have it for the shipping ( comes to 8 euro last time I got something sent to lol, cheap cpu ).

I'm just not sure if I have a working board for it, and if the board is broken and not the cpu, I got two 3200+ and no board lol.

You are welcome to it

Shoot me a PM with your full address and I'll see about firing it off to you when I get a chance. If you have paypal that is the easiest probably. I could ship it first so that we have an exact amount, no guesswork on costs (could put a max limit on it if you like so that it doesn't end up being a surprise in a recent price hike or something). Any preference in shipment method? USPS international OK?
    The Cardboard Master

Banned
    I'll send you a pm today when I get back from the hospital ( if I can still stand then ).

Xtreme Cruncher
    With Team [XS] PPD skyrocketing, we've got crunching records galore!

Congratulations and THANKS for the following milestones:

In the 2,500 club:
    freeloader, Max, and Brobdingnag

Coming up with 5k:
    [cTx]Hype(PS3), freeloader, G0ldBr1ck, and ReznikAkime

Turning in a respectable 10k:
    enroscado, laloidescactus, LookMomNoBrain, and Loony

Pouring it on with 25k:
    Ajarn, RaynQuist, and refujee

Crunching like CRAZY with 50k:
    [486], daemonfly, MaK2000, and Rmrdr13

Crossing over into six-digit territory with 100k:
    The[R]eaper

and special honors:

Xciter with 1,000,000

team! You guys rock!!

"[crunching is] a minor service to humanity as a side effect of our collective hardware fetish" - Blauhung

Xtreme Morke Engel
    Quote Originally Posted by coo-coo-clocker View Post

In the 2,500 club:

Coming up with 5k:

Pouring it on with 25k:

The[R]eaper

and special honors:

Xciter with 1,000,000

team! You guys rock!!
    VINDICATION!!!! I need to get a couple more systems crunching for me. XPS, Whoopass, and EVGA are gunning for us at the beginning of next year. Whoopass and EVGA are putting out double our numbers. Is there anything we can do to get more participation from the community?

Xtreme Member
    Everybody needs to install the gpu2 client on all of our GPUs. And the people with quads need to install the regular client too.

Generalizations are, in general, wrong.

Xtreme Morke Engel
    I could probably do the regular client as well, even though I am C2D, but I am worried about heat. My card already sits at mid to high 70s all day. I live in the desert! One core sits at about 35% and the other at about 12%. There should be room but if my CPU is at high 50s that may push my GPU above 80 which I don't want. I know it can handle that but I don't know about 24/7 and this rig is about to be passed to my wife when I build a new one in a couple months. I may be picking up another 8800GTX this month for SLI as well, mainly for longevity of the system for her. I don't want to kill her rig before she even gets it. I have a Sunbeam Transormer; three 80mm, two in and one out, and two 120mm, one in and one out. TRUE 120 with push pull 113 CFM fans. It stays cool but I am just worried about the additional heat.

You guys think it can the additional heat load or just run GPU clients on this machine and then crush my next system as well?

Xtreme Cruncher
    I have a Q6600 clocked to 3 gigs with the stock cooler and it runs fine. I am running 2 SMP clients with the affinity changer.
    You have a TRUE I wouldn't worry about running the SMP client with the affinity changer. What are your ambient temps in your house?
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Morke Engel
    It depends if people are here. If noone is here it could be low 90s if the AC is off easy. If my wife and kids are here then usually mid 70s. It is when people aren't here how hot it is going to get. I live near Palm desert. It is one of the hottest places on the planet.

Attack Dachshund
    Quote Originally Posted by MaK2000 View Post
    It depends if people are here. If noone is here it could be low 90s if the AC is off easy. If my wife and kids are here then usually mid 70s. It is when people aren't here how hot it is going to get. I live near Palm desert. It is one of the hottest places on the planet.
    you can attempt to calculate your adjusted ambient/load temps with simple math..
    dl calc plus to convert C/F temps... http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

example:
    let's say my Q6600 loads at 55c in a 72F room...
    so as a formula that's 22c(71.6F) = 55c(131F) load.

increase the ambient to 93F (34c). this is a +12c increase from before.
    apply that to the formula above.
    ambient 22c + 12c = 34c new ambient
    -----load 55c + 12c = 67c new load

that's not completely accurate, but it gives a good idea of what ambient temps do to your load temps... and it would help a lot if you pulled the side and left a fan running blowing all the air away...

Xtreme Member

In the 2,500 club:

Coming up with 5k:

Pouring it on with 25k:

The[R]eaper

and special honors:

Xciter with 1,000,000

team! You guys rock!!
    woohooo! cant wait to get to 200k

everybody
    -TJ07
    -Core i7 920
    -Rampage II Extreme
    -EVGA 8800 Ultra
    -Corsair Hx1000w
    -Corsair 6GB DDR3-1600 Dominator
    -Intel 80GB SSD gen.2
    -WD 6400AAKS Raid 0

Xtreme Member

In the 2,500 club:

Coming up with 5k:

Pouring it on with 25k:

The[R]eaper

and special honors:

Xciter with 1,000,000

team! You guys rock!!
    w00t! Going for 100,000K!!

Case: Silverstone FT-01CPU:
    Intel QX6700 (305.5 x 11)
    MB: Intel BadAxe2
    Video Card: Evga 8800GTX
    Memory:4gb Corsair Dominator DDR2-916
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W
    Heatsink: Thermaltake TRUE Black

Xtreme Cruncher

More Accomplishments

Team [XS] continues the mighty contributions to mankind's search for cures!!

KingOfToasty 2,500

anthonyellis 5,000
    ReznikAkime 5,000

freeloader 10,000

ZOMGVTEK 25,000
    enroscado 25,000
    LookMomNoBrain 25,000

Spider d 250,000

and special honors:

The Barnacle with 1,000,000

team! Keep those rigs tuned and tight!!

"[crunching is] a minor service to humanity as a side effect of our collective hardware fetish" - Blauhung

Congrats Barnacle, you win
    The Cardboard Master

Xtreme Member
    That's the great thing about these little compititions, we all win

Coo-coo, don't forget about Twiggy at 2,000,000!!!

Xtreme Morke Engel
    Are there certain projects that give a lot better PPD than others? I notice that even if I change nothing and run for 48 hours my points can swing pretty drastically. My settings are set to just download whatever Stanford gives me.

Xtreme Cruncher

team! Keep those rigs tuned and tight!!
    Mine is not so tuned and tight anymore. I think it is time for a fresh install.

But I did just pass 400,000
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Just hit 100K!

Case: Silverstone FT-01CPU:
    Intel QX6700 (305.5 x 11)
    MB: Intel BadAxe2
    Video Card: Evga 8800GTX
    Memory:4gb Corsair Dominator DDR2-916
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W
    Heatsink: Thermaltake TRUE Black

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Awesome work!
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast