Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Milestones for Team [XS]

Xtreme Cruncher

New GPU2 client is awesome.

Way to go everyone.

Hey guys don't know if you noticed or not but the team's PPD is now over 200K, meaning we are RED! Congrats!
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Banned
    I seem to have been unoticed lol. Never mentioned in this thread but doesn't matter I'll still keep doing my small bit :o

Sparky some teams have gotten 50% boosts, being mostly a 3d benching site, shouldn't we get more

Xtreme Cruncher
    <Ed McMahon Voice entones>

PLEASE PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER FOR...

OUR FAAAAAAVORITE ALIEN....

MARRRRRVIN the MARTIAN!

AT 325,773 points, he's number 37 on TEAM XTREEEEEME!!!

</Ed McMahon>

"[crunching is] a minor service to humanity as a side effect of our collective hardware fetish" - Blauhung

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by coo-coo-clocker View Post

MARRRRRVIN the MARTIAN!

</Ed McMahon>

Finally, I get the recognition I deserve mhwahwaha

Naw I know that my output is peanuts compared to others and I'm in it for the science not the fame. Though I do like seeing my output grow so much with my 9600gt, it doesn't bother me their people coming out off nowhere who with the new gpu client are going to push this team upwards even faster and with more determination.

I'm just very glad to be along for ride, and I hope in the end something will come out of this which will make every moment of thought and attention given to this project might have made a diffrence for the lives of so many to come.

Xtreme Member
    wow this new gpu client is really taking off... i find myself looking on ebay and newegg for 8800gt's to put together a few budget gpu rigs. i guess im hooked. lol
    -TJ07
    -Core i7 920
    -Rampage II Extreme
    -EVGA 8800 Ultra
    -Corsair Hx1000w
    -Corsair 6GB DDR3-1600 Dominator
    -Intel 80GB SSD gen.2
    -WD 6400AAKS Raid 0

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by coo-coo-clocker View Post

MARRRRRVIN the MARTIAN!

</Ed McMahon>

That is an alien beverage btw

Great work EVERYBODY

and a special thanks to coo-coo-clocker
    for updating this and keeping the high spirits - high

Edit
    That's all right you still look green,
    Last edited by SocketMan; 06-29-2008 at 02:18 AM.

World Community Grid's mission is to create the world's largest public computing grid to tackle projects that benefit humanity.
    Our success depends upon individuals collectively contributing their unused computer time to change the world for the better.

Banned
    Welcome surely, but this milestone's thread actually isn't ment for welcome's we have a seperate one for that

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=192759

Happy folding and welcome to the team. If you have the choice, for the gpu clients use vista x64 it has the lowest cpu usage on the gpu client and will allow you to run another client on the cpu.

Edit: thanks socketman, that enough attention for now you're making me blush

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Broke 50k points today. I'm currently 119th. I don't even remember when I started folding. Two weeks now? Maybe?
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme Cruncher

some recent milestones

Big Thank You's to our recent milestoners

In the 1K club:
    cajer 1,000
    freeloader 1,000

2,500 points and climbing:
    ReznikAkime 2,500

5K mini-marathon:
    VooDoo 5,000
    RaynQuist 5,000

10K into the 5-digits:
    cabbspapp 10,000

Wow - 50K
    Synthetickiller 50,000

And Top Honors:

leo bsb 250,000

Keep up the solid crunchin' you guys - the team and the project is really pouring it on thanks to all of you!

"[crunching is] a minor service to humanity as a side effect of our collective hardware fetish" - Blauhung

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthetickiller View Post
    Broke 50k points today. I'm currently 119th. I don't even remember when I started folding. Two weeks now? Maybe?

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...p?s=&u=352535;)

World Community Grid's mission is to create the world's largest public computing grid to tackle projects that benefit humanity.
    Our success depends upon individuals collectively contributing their unused computer time to change the world for the better.

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by SocketMan View Post
    Thanks buddy!
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Banned
    Your going to move slower when you get higher, trust me

I have to say, to everyone, that team graph is making me very proud to be folding for XS! Though, if you leave out the top3, I know for a fact we can do so much more... we need to get everyone onboard. doesn't matter they do seti or whatever on their cpu's all their gpu's belong to us

Or... w/e

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin_The_Martian View Post
    I seem to have been unoticed lol. Never mentioned in this thread but doesn't matter I'll still keep doing my small bit :o

Sparky some teams have gotten 50% boosts, being mostly a 3d benching site, shouldn't we get more
    Yea me too. WTF JK lol
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    {Some famous voice}

And now, give it up for the one, the only, 2long4u with 347237points!!!!

{/Some famous voice}

Sorry I'm not very entertaining right now. ( bad day )

Edit: I think I missed you 2long4u you ran with super duper high scores for awhile and then turned south Think you'll keep up with me since you let me pass this easily
    Last edited by Marvin_The_Martian; 07-08-2008 at 05:18 PM.

Xtreme Morke Engel
    I am almost 50K and I started on 6/28

My brother has the PS3 so that has been down for like 3 days and I have been encoding a lot lately so I have to shut down for that. It is killing my average.

Banned
    You know guys, I did something today I hadn't done in awhile, I pressed on the button which takes me to the oldest thread on this subforum.. give it a try and tell me again how happy you are with 50K. Took people allot, and I do mean ALLOT more then it takes us today. I passed so many great names already, people who spend allot off time folding for this team and the cause, and when I read those posts and saw their enthousiasm it made me humble again.

Yeah I am beating people left and right with points now, but all those people you are passing all have done their part, some more then you would ever imagine with current ppd.

Maybe it's my emo night idk had to share

Xtreme Cruncher
    I ran folding with 25 or 30 P4s, P4 HT, and AMD single cores for 3 years just to get close 3 million.

Xtreme Morke Engel
    I noticed a lot of people with 0 PPD listed on the team. It does feel a little like stealing when you pass up hundreds of people in a week. With the gains we get now a million is more like 50K not too long ago. I used to do the BOINC screensaver a long time ago but never paid attention to my scores. I am not even sure they kept them back then. If they did I didn't look. The new GPU client got me excited to get back in to it. I think a lot of people are jumping in because of the CUDA client. All for the greater good if you ask me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by road-runner View Post
    I ran folding with 25 or 30 P4s, P4 HT, and AMD single cores for 3 years just to get close 3 million.
    Exactly my point, I feel humble in your pressence and I don't mean that lightly. Btw are you the same road runner as on the folding forums? I see allot off names from XS there, names I don't often see here. That's ashame, XS would be even better if you made your continuing presence a lil more known. Sometimes we lil guys need you to keep motivated, to see there are others who do this and enjoy it, who keep at it no matter the cost.

That being said, reaching 3 million that I probably will in my lifetime, but idk when. I'll be glad to get to my 1mil goal this year ( total.. which isn't hard actually ).

Quote Originally Posted by MaK2000 View Post
    I noticed a lot of people with 0 PPD listed on the team. It does feel a little like stealing when you pass up hundreds of people in a week. With the gains we get now a million is more like 50K not too long ago. I used to do the BOINC screensaver a long time ago but never paid attention to my scores. I am not even sure they kept them back then. If they did I didn't look. The new GPU client got me excited to get back in to it. I think a lot of people are jumping in because of the CUDA client. All for the greater good if you ask me.
    Thanks for rejoining, both the greater good and team xs are happy to have you.

I'm planning a big pr push when it comes out off beta. Though I'm starting to doubt, clients seems stable enough as it is already ( on the other hand, multiple gpu's seem to be working reasonably well so maybe time is shorter then I expect for the client to appear ). There was in interview with Vijah which stated that even one percent off every cuda capable card, is able to form the fastest computing cluster in the world. Offcourse there is some pr in it, but if we aren't able to pull in atleast 1&#37; off xs traffic I'm serieusly dissapointed ( in myself? ).

Happpy folding!
    Last edited by Marvin_The_Martian; 07-08-2008 at 05:41 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Exactly my point, I feel humble in your pressence and I don't mean that lightly. Btw are you the same road runner as on the folding forums? I see allot off names from XS there, names I don't often see here. That's ashame, XS would be even better if you made your continuing presence a lil more known. Sometimes we lil guys need you to keep motivated, to see there are others who do this and enjoy it, who keep at it no matter the cost.

That being said, reaching 3 million that I probably will in my lifetime, but idk when. I'll be glad to get to my 1mil goal this year ( total.. which isn't hard actually ).

Thanks for rejoining, both the greater good and team xs are happy to have you.

I'm planning a big pr push when it comes out off beta. Though I'm starting to doubt, clients seems stable enough as it is already ( on the other hand, multiple gpu's seem to be working reasonably well so maybe time is shorter then I expect for the client to appear ). There was in interview with Vijah which stated that even one percent off every cuda capable card, is able to form the fastest computing cluster in the world. Offcourse there is some pr in it, but if we aren't able to pull in atleast 1% off xs traffic I'm serieusly dissapointed ( in myself? ).

Happpy folding!
    Yes I am the same road-runner as on the folding forums and also the same for overclockersclub, that is where I started folding in 2003 then I started coming over here and crunching...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Hey! Thats 374K not 347K.
    Yea I don't know what happened there for a while. Clients would just stop working. I check them at least once every 2 days now.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] 2long4u View Post
    Yea I don't know what happened there for a while. Clients would just stop working. I check them at least once every 2 days now.
    every 2 days? I check mine at least 3 times a day
    Partially because some of them are on older, possibly frail hardware, so I want to be sure they are still running OK.
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by road-runner View Post
    Yes I am the same road-runner as on the folding forums and also the same for overclockersclub, that is where I started folding in 2003 then I started coming over here and crunching...
    Like I said I'm proud to be on the same team as you

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] 2long4u View Post
    Sorry! And check em more often

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    every 2 days? I check mine at least 3 times a day
    Partially because some of them are on older, possibly frail hardware, so I want to be sure they are still running OK.
    Frail? Older? You mean as old as in already desintegrating?

everyone, I'm glad to be on the same team

Frail? Older? You mean as old as in already desintegrating?
    Not disintegrating really, but I've had a few issues with them here and there. A couple of the PSUs started venting their caps due to age, stress, and not being really high quality units (they are decent enough but rather old and certainly not close to a corsair or PCP&C unit) and the one just had a really wacky board issue for a while until I ditched it (it was an old celeron anyway and the AMD 3700+ that replaced it spanks it pretty well). Generally they run fine but every so often they zoink out. The joys of older hardware
    The Cardboard Master

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast