Thread: Baby-DI - The Outstanding LN2/DI Show-Stopper

Champion

Baby-DI - The Outstanding LN2/DI Show-Stopper

Hello guys!
    Decided to share some nice pics of a nice LN2/DI pot with you

I suppose that most of us have read the reports from the LN2 parties or even participated in some... Making a good show with liquid nitrogen isn't a simple task and requires some public skills. Many tricks have to be used during a good performance, but we often forget about the main overclocking artefact - THE POT. Have you seen at least one real show-pot?
    I personally havent till I got acquainted with Baby-DI.
    I suppose it's the best show-pot ever made & showed to public. I hope you'll have fun during reading this thread. Enjoy!

Baby-DI - the show-stopper LN2/DI pot made by my friend Wehr-Wolf (also known as VER-VOLF on the russian-speaking oc forums).
    Started at 2003, at first it was a good thing for that time: simple base soldered to a copper tube. Then the pot was set aside till 2007. At the beginning of the year, Wehr-Wolf re-soldered another base (a better one, with complex design). And then... something strange and even terrible has happened...

...Wehr-Wolf sold his soul to the dark evil forces, and they put him on the way of true clarification. The spirit of the Necromancy (and possibly Matrix), the Baby-DI was born... Created during several months, it became the projection of the Dark Light of the Damned.

Do You dare to look at the true evil? Aren't you scary? Think first, then make your choice - there won't be any way back

Baby-DI was showed in public on the DigiMania Show (October 2007, Kiev, Ukraine). It became the out-of-competition exhibit of the Modding Contest - 2007.

I must say that the pot became the real show-stopper: it appeared at the show stand only on the 3rd day after beginning, but it had attracted almost everyone walking around. Ten good modded cases couldn't deal better...

The pot is really huge - we had to attach it with chains to the stand to prevent it from falling down and making some harm over there

Baby-DI at the Game Arena during Team MXS's LN2 Party:

The Dark Master Wehr-Wolf:

As you can see, the pot is really huge. Unfortunately we haven't got a good insulation and fastening to run a bench-session using Baby-DI that days, so another, traditional pot was used:

Probably we'll put Baby-DI under LN2 somewhen... I can't promise that but I won't deny such possibility too. Nevertheless, that pot is truly amazing: I haven't ever seen a better extreme show-maker.

Have you?..

P.S. The Dark Evil Forces and GrandMaster Wehr-Wolf dedicate Baby-DI to every extreme overclocker in the world. No Fear, Push the Limits, and let the Black Necromancers' Leading Light stay at you side
    Last edited by -cyclone-; 03-31-2008 at 01:51 PM. Reason: making the topic name more clear :)

Administrator
    HAHAHA I love it !!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    really nice show pot, but its not easy to use..

is it made of aluminum?

Champion
    really nice show pot, but its not easy to use..
    yeah, it is not... nevertheless the main purpose of Baby-DI is to attract peoples' attention to LN2 or any other kind of performance, and it does its work great

is it made of aluminum?
    nope.. as written above, copper botom & copper tube brazer together. still wonderng about the real efficiency of Baby-DI

Xtreme Member
    woah! that thing looks great.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
    - Popular Mechanics, 1949

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
    - Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

Heat

Banned
    thats sick dude!!! nice work! I bet it turned alot of heads at that show!

Champion
    He-he.. I've already forgotten about this topic, but that used to be really crazy CPU LN2 pot.
    Now it is used as a decoration of my friends' USSR-style rock-club LENIN. Great place for the pot, I must say -)))
    Will bring some new pics soon.