Thread: Commando + Hipro Maximizer

Xtreme Enthusiast

Commando + Hipro Maximizer

Hello,

i have a huge problem with my maximizer.

Board is a Asus Commando with two D9GMH 1024 sticks.

In cases, where the maximizer voltage is lower then the board vdimm voltage.... all is fine.... display shows the right voltage of the board.

but when i start raise the vdimm with the small switches (over the vdimm of the board) my maximizer will become very very hot.... i think the hot spot is in the left corner in the back.

I can not check, if the voltages of the maximizer are shown correct in the BIOS hardware monitor, because the maximizer will become untouchable hot in the first 20s after startup the system... so i better shut down the system again. Will not destroy the device.

So where is the mistake?
    Is the device broken or are there just mistakes in handling? (Dont think so!)
    I think i should not lift up one leg of the VDimm coil.

I hope you understand my problem.... and can help me....

Settings:
    DDR2 Mode
    VDIMM in display
    VTT on
    adjust via small switches...

KIND REGARDS Loopy

Xtreme X.I.P.
    i think you need to unsolder the Coil next to the memory slots, no?

xtreme energy
    PM hipro5

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think Hipro is very busy.... I have send him a message... but dont think, he will answer in the near future....

What happens, when i have to unsolder the coil and use the maximizer with the soldered coil? is there a direct connection to ground, so the maximizer is overloaded?
    I have to know, if I should unsolder the coil.... i still have guarantee for this board, dont wanne waste it.... if its neccassary, it will be no problem, but if not, i dont wanne waste the guarantee just for fun
    Last edited by loopy83; 03-31-2008 at 04:17 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hi my friend

i happen to have a P5k that was acting weird with the Vdimm and i didnt care if i would kill it. so i plugged in the maxi without unsoldering the coil as hipro suggest

the board started acting the way you mention till the the mosfet burned

so if you unsolver the coil all your problems will be solved.
    as for the guarantee, yes this will void it, but you can still RMA it you you carefully solder it back and not tell anyone when you return it
    if this is your first night in xtremesystems,
    you have to overclock.

Champion
    Can you post pics of the vdimm area of the Commando ? Probably you should remove the coil though, as far as i can remember from the circuit design it can't take external supply without interrupting the onboard one.

On another hand, why exactly do you want to use the maximizer on the Commando ? The voltage range is .. well, more than enough let's say, and it performs pretty well.