Thread: Question about Linpack

Question about Linpack

I suppose this question could fall under the "benchmark" section too but I thought I would probably get more of a response from here. I'm the type of person that likes to do random stuff just for the fun of it. I don't really "need" to do anything but it's more fun to see what you can do. Anyway, back to the question at hand. I wanted to try and run linpack but the problem is i'm not quite sure how or where to get it. Can someone dumb it down for me and walk me through the process? It would be much appreciated. Thanks

Xtreme Cruncher
    Well, it looks like you can get a pre-compiled C/C++ version here. There appear to also be some linpack java apps online, although I don't know why anyone would bother benchmarking high performance math with java
    Otherwise you could have fun trying to figure out the fortan library source available on netlib

Interesting, it also looks like Intel has an evaluation version here, although it does perform a check that you're using an Intel processor.

Yeah I don't have an intel processor so that won't work and I tried the version you linked too but I believe there is something wrong with it because it doesn't really stress anything on my system. CPU usage only goes up to around 22 percent and temps hardly change. Any other ideas or tutorials? lol
    MSI K9A2 Platinum Bios v1.3 | AMD Phenom 9500 | G.Skill DDR2 1000 @ 1066mhz | ATI HD3850 | Vista Ultimate