Thread: Strange issue with DFI LP LT X48.

Xtreme Addict

Strange issue with DFI LP LT X48.

From time to time when I left click with my Logitech G5 the computer will instantly lock-up completely. I have to hard power off.

I have only seen this happen in conjunction with a left click, and when I say in conjunction, I mean it literally. The instant of the click in question, it's frozen. It doesn't happen with any specific program or anything, just randomly.

Now I don't know for sure yet that it is the mouse causing the problem specifically, but I'm leaning towards that. I'm at work right now, so I can't plug in a mouse and test it out.

I guess I just wanted to get some feedback and see if anyone else had a similar issue or anything. I've never heard of a mouse, especially a popular mouse like the Logitech G5 causing a total lock-up like that, but what have you.

P.S. I have the latest drivers and bios already along with Vista SP1.

Thanks.

I am Xtreme
    have you tried other mouseware drivers ?
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Addict
    I totally uninstalled the Logitech G5 drivers and have been using a Razer mouse.

Same issue... Well this is unfortunate... $300 motherboard = unusable system. Fun!

Xtreme Addict
    I took out the Sapphire 3870x2 (stock clocks) and put in my old G80 8800 GTS 640 mb.

Crashes have stopped, no issues in about an hour.

Is this a known issue that DFI/ATI are going to fix? Or should I just send back the card to Newegg and get a 8800 GTS 512mb?