Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PCGH: Huge HL2 Fakefactory Cinematic Mod 7 gallery

Savuti
    Regards to her outfit, yeah, as if Alyx will slip into something that displays her cleavage and mid drift knowing that she'll be exposed to gunfires, explosions and flying shrapnels. But we can't let any semblance of saneness distract us from some voyeuristic amusements now can we?!
    Last edited by Savuti; 03-26-2008 at 06:51 PM.

I am Xtreme

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz! View Post
    yeah, seriously, the original alyx had charme and looked natural - the new one was obviously designed to look like one of these plastic surgery babes
    the charm of the other characters has been destroyed as well. i don't know - i don't really like any of the new faces etc... :F
    Dewd, many Black women have to have breast reduction They also don't need Lip Injections either LOL! I agree they didn't need the skin show but Number 2 looks more Bi-Racial than the original.

Black Dad and White Mom, it's kind of hard for the Kids to look anything like the original Alyx=P Again, ask any GI who's seen a War Babe in Germany, few other places and ask them?

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/features/2007_...beyonce_10.jpg

I thought the folks who did HL2 didn't have a clue!

http://www.mixedfolks.com/africans.htm

Now please find someone here who looks like the original Alyx? You can find a few close to the miss #2 though!

Sorry, I like Skanks like Halle Berry, Traci Bingham, Leila Arcieri, Lisa Bonet, Persia White and many others. Sure there are few plain homely looking ones as well! In the words of Sir Mix-A-Lot, oh never mind, my German Wife don't like me talking about them LOL! And my favorite Skank of all Beyonce and a close 2nd. Mariah. Even my wife says, "your girl is on" when she pops up on TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Cruncher
    I like the new alyx's face, it conveys emotion much better then the original alyx does.
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    Now please find someone here who looks like the original Alyx?
    jamil mullen

In fact, Alyx was modelled directly after her.
    But irl jamil mullen is much more attractive than her in-game counterpart.

She has unique facial strucure that did not translate naturally into her ingame counterpart

So there, vALVE messed up on Alyx, she's supposed to look hotter
    Last edited by KoHaN69; 03-26-2008 at 08:34 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by KoHaN69 View Post
    Rosario Dawson

or

Merle Dandridge (who actually does alyx's voice in the game)

or

jamil mullen

In fact, Alyx was modelled directly after her.
    But irl jamil mullen is much more attractive than her in-game counterpart.

She has unique facial strucure that did not translate naturally into her ingame counterpart

So there, vALVE messed up on Alyx, she's supposed to look hotter
    BS, they look NOTHING like Alyx, Alyx lips are to thin, Breast too small and skin is all screwed up! Please again!?
    Last edited by Donnie27; 03-27-2008 at 10:50 AM.
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Lead Head View Post
    I like the new alyx's face, it conveys emotion much better then the original alyx does.
    QFT!

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    BS, they look NOTHING like Alyx, Alyx lips are to thing, Breast too small and skin is all screwed up! Please again!?

it's official in vALVE's "hl2 raising the bar" book

The real Alyx is Jamil Mullen

most of the places where you would see her name/profile are gone now.
    My guess is that she doesn't quite enjoy the publicity or moved on to her anthropology research/family/etc - not our business.
    Last edited by KoHaN69; 03-26-2008 at 08:01 PM.

Coat It with GOOOO
    Would any of you recommend playing this mod instead of the original HL2?

I mean, for somebody's first time

PS: new Alyx looks like Adrianna Lima to me
    I was thinking more Michelle Rodriguez
    Main-- i7-980x @ 4.5GHZ | Asus P6X58D-E | HD5850 @ 950core 1250mem | 2x160GB intel x25-m G2's |
    Wife-- i7-860 @ 3.5GHz | Gigabyte P55M-UD4 | HD5770 | 80GB Intel x25-m |
    HTPC1-- Q9450 | Asus P5E-VM | HD3450 | 1TB storage
    HTPC2-- QX9750 | Asus P5E-VM | 1TB storage |
    Car-- T7400 | Kontron mini-ITX board | 80GB Intel x25-m | Azunetech X-meridian for sound |

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm getting angry....I've downloaded the mod 5 times, the last two times I downloaded each part separately with firefox, then 7zip tells me there were errors in the archives, try to install, and I get errors! Downloaded with a third party download manager, still errors in the archives when I extract...I don't get it....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
    I'm getting angry....I've downloaded the mod 5 times, the last two times I downloaded each part separately with firefox, then 7zip tells me there were errors in the archives, try to install, and I get errors! Downloaded with a third party download manager, still errors in the archives when I extract...I don't get it....
    don't use 7zip

Xtreme Enthusiast
    don't use 7zip
    winrar gives a similar error when i extract the files.

Xtreme Member
    Looks great BUT i hate the new models.

examples

Alyx looks like she's taken botox

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?menu=...=797240&page=1

Looks like a zombie in this one

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?menu=...=797236&page=1

Hands like a prune

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?menu=...=797243&page=1

and they turn this guy into nick lachey

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?menu=...=797252&page=1

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omastar View Post
    She looked more 'natural' before, without being uggo, but now she could easily be mistaken for an out of work Romanian street-walker.
    Was the word Romanian really necessary?

Generalizations are, in general, wrong.

Savuti
    Sometimes some people are simply oblivious. Of what they take to be a "no big deal" or apparently "harmless" racial stereotype remarks hints at the narrow mindedness of their views regarding others of different race and cultures.
    Last edited by Savuti; 03-27-2008 at 01:41 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gallardo View Post
    Was the word Romanian really necessary?
    Well, they do seem to have a bit of a problem with prostitution...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Savuti View Post
    Sometimes some people are simply oblivious. Of what they take to be a "no big deal" or apparently "harmless" remark hints at the narrowness of their views regarding others of different race and cultures.
    Would you prefer I said American or Brazilian street-walker instead? I see people on XS zing the U.S. continually, and most of it I just shrug and move on, since it's not worth the effort to make a grandstand about. I suggest one does likewise if one can dish it out, but not take it.

And for the record, no, I don't have some grudge against Romania, since I know that's what I'll be accused of next.
    Last edited by Omastar; 03-27-2008 at 01:42 AM.

Savuti
    Quote Originally Posted by Omastar View Post
    Would you prefer I said American or Brazilian street-walker instead? I see people on XS zing the U.S. continually, and most of it I just shrug and move on, since it's not worth the effort to make a grandstand about. I suggest one does likewise if one can dish it out, but not take it.

And for the record, no, I don't have some grudge against Romania, since I know that's what I'll be accused of next.
    And what's the point of adding Romanian there? why specifically them? why any racial or ethnic group for that matter, as if prostitution is specific to Romanians Anyhow say what you want but don't expect not to be called out on it.

Xtreme Guru
    gallardo, Savuti,
    You are being ridiculous. "Romanian" is a nationality, nothing racial or ethnic.

Quote Originally Posted by takamishanoku View Post
    I concur.
    But look! They increased the resolution of the texture on his luggage. That's gotta count as an improvement.
    :P
    Last edited by largon; 03-27-2008 at 01:55 AM.
    You were not supposed to see this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Savuti View Post
    And what's the point of adding Romanian there? why specifically them? why any racial or ethnic group for that matter, as if prostitution is specific to Romanians Anyhow say what you want but don't expect not to be called out on it.
    If all you've to do is parse imaginary xenophobic/racist meaning out of posts clearly not intended to flame anyone, then I can't help you. 'Romanian' was simply added for effect. Substitute any country you want, for all I care. Given how righteous you are, your sig is somewhat ironic.

Xtreme Member
    Wow.

This thread has been ruined. It started off OK, quickly became trashed with 'look at her boobs' comments and towards the end it turns into prostitution...

I d/l'd and installed this last night, didn't get a chance to play it but from the screenshots it looks awesome.

If you don't like the new models you can use the old ones...
    Q6600 G0 @ 3.6GHz 24/7, 4.0GHz benching
    Asus Blitz
    XFX 9800GX2
    4GB ReaperX @ 1066mhz 5-5-5-15
    24" Dell 2405FPW
    X-Fi Xtreme
    Custom Water Cooling
    PCP&C Silencer 750w
    Lian Li V1000B
    2x250GB 16MB Raid0, 1x750GB 32MB
    Vista 64bit Ultimate

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Boy Deluxe View Post
    Wow.

This thread has been ruined. It started off OK, quickly became trashed with 'look at her boobs' comments and towards the end it turns into prostitution...
    Well, look at her boobs. Do you think they would've increased their size and 'presence' if not solely to titillate (excuse the pun) the teenage and 20 something guys playing the game?

Xtreme Cruncher
    @takamishanoku , look at the other alyx model with the new head, it looks much more natural then the improved original head.

,but I think klieners hands look great now, you can see the wrinkles and signs of aging in the original, now they are much more detailed and visible, which is better since he isn't exactly young.

But I do agree that the first citizen, and Barney look horrible now
    Last edited by [XC] Lead Head; 03-27-2008 at 02:40 AM.
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

I am Xtreme

it's official in vALVE's "hl2 raising the bar" book

The real Alyx is Jamil Mullen

most of the places where you would see her name/profile are gone now.
    My guess is that she doesn't quite enjoy the publicity or moved on to her anthropology research/family/etc - not our business.
    Great link, thank you very much! Maybe she's just poorly rendered or lost in the transistion. Yet, besides her skimpy clothes/outfit, I'd still take the New one=P

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3ak View Post
    The release of Fakefactory’s Cinematic Mod 7 will be celebrated on PCGH.de in several ways. First of all, we start with a plain picture gallery showing some EP1 and EP2 screenshots:

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?menu=...mage_id=796868
    ("nächstes Bild" means "next picture", click the picture to enlarge it)

Later on, we will present comparison screenshots between the original Half-Life 2 and Fake-HDR-enhanced HL2 pimped with Fakefactory’s Mod.

Edit: PCGH.de compares the original Half-Life 2 (without HDR) with the HDR-enhanced version thanks to Fakefactory Cinematic Mod 7. While this is not the real HDR-Rendering, the Bloom effects looks really cool. And the models as well ;-)
    Time to reinstall the original Gordon Freeman show!

Here is the direct link to the image gallery with lots of comparison screenshots:
    http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?menu=...mage_id=797254
    HDR is pretty nuts, but I think it covers up some of the age that the engine was originally showing.
    Windows 10 - x64
    Intel i7 3930k Sandy Bridge-E @ 4.20GHz
    ASUS Rampage IV Formula
    16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133
    2x EVGA GeForce 1080 Ti : SLi
    Samsung 840 EVO
    70'' Vizio @ 2160x3840
    3x 30" Dell @ 2560x1600
    ASUS Xonar DG
    SteelSeries Arctis Wireless Pro

Xtreme Addict
    It does not look right. They look fake and inhuman. Like they were all androids with horribly plastic looking skin.

Sorry, but making Breen and Alyx look like skanks does nothing impress me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast