Page 185 of 189 FirstFirst ... 85135175182183184185186187188 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 4708

Thread: X48 Rampage Formula Preview.

Alright mate, thanks for your input.
    I promise thats last OT word...
    I generally use dvd-drive for audio cd ripping (I love to listen to the music but I travel a lot- unfortunately my laptops dvd-bluray-xray-and whatever more formats it supports-drive is too slow and lacks audio data cache), sometimes for the games that need dvd to play (it's much easier then all that deamon tools stuff) but mostly to be able to reinstall my OS, which I'm right about to execute.

Thanks.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaynardX View Post
    I generally use dvd-drive for audio cd ripping (I love to listen to the music but I travel a lot- unfortunately my laptops dvd-bluray-xray-and whatever more formats it supports-drive is too slow and lacks audio data cache), sometimes for the games that need dvd to play (it's much easier then all that deamon tools stuff) but mostly to be able to reinstall my OS, which I'm right about to execute.
    audio CDs => download mp3s
    games => even when you buy original game i would still use nodvd crack and similar and for MP you usually dont need DVD in drive
    OS reinstall => usb key, much faster + you can easily replace it with new version

I personally would easily live without DVD drive...

Quote Originally Posted by boxer View Post
    I tried downloading your latest bios and found I did not have access? Is there someplace I could get it? Thanks for everything you have done for us.
    Thanks It is up. Didn't realize I had 2 id's on this board boxer9999 and boxer

SoLoR
    You know, I'm the music lover, so using lossy formats in my case are no go (besides that sometimes I play music compilations from the usb stick on my stereo- for party purposes).
    As far as gaming is concerned, I'm at the legal side here. so I always purchase games. Unfortunately in my country using cracks (and all other forms of game files manipulation) is illegal- I know it's sick, but there are more silly situations in my country, to be honest.
    But considering using the usb for the OS installation- thank you for your suggestion, I really didn't know about this possibility. I'll try that one today (fortunately this method is legal in my country uff).

Quote Originally Posted by DrTeal View Post
    I've been playing around with my OC again recently, working on tweaking things with LLC off in the hopes of getting rid of the random 0x124 BSODs... Anyhow my question is this: What the heck is up with this board? I'll run LinX and everything will pass, but I can come back the next day and run it on the exact same settings and it will fail on the first or second pass, then the next day it passes again.... I'm not really sure whats going on here. I ran several passes of memtest with no errors so I don't think its related to that. I'm seeing the same issues at 3.2 GHz so I don't think its the CPU being pushed to the edges of its capability, and 400FSB should be no where near a wall - I mean, this board supposedly supports 1600FSB. RAM is 1:1 @ DDR2-800 4-4-4-12. CPU temps @ 3.6 [9x400] are 70C max in LinX, @3.2 [8x400] they are 55C so I don't think temps are causing the problems either (CPU and push/pull washermod TRUE both lapped... so I'm out pretty much out of ways to improve the cooling except gong to water... and if I could afford that, I could afford a new sandy bridge cpu/mobo/ram). Running BIOS 0902 still.

If it doesn't appear to be a CPU or RAM problem, it would have to be something mobo related, right? Any thoughts? I haven't had any crashes playing games since this latest round of tweaks, just LinX weirdness.
    Any thoughts?
    Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | x48 Rampage Formula | 8 GB OCZ Platinum @ 4-4-4-12 | EVGA + ZOTAC GTX 470 SLI | PCP+C 860W

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Lower CPU volt and clock and try again no matter what LinX says. Should be something with voltage picks-regulator that does not work in my case
    E8400 TRUE120@Asus Maximus Formula@2x2GB Geil Evo One 800MHz 4-4-4@Corsair HX 620W
    Sapphire HD6850 1GB@Samsung 830 128GB@Casetek 1022-5@LG 19" 1970HQ
    Creative Inspire 5.1 5100@Samsung SH-S203B SA@CM Quickfire Pro Red@Logitech G-600

Xtreme Addict
    Any thoughts?
    Flash your board with SoLoR's BIOS 1002-R3 or 1002-R4. These revisions have the latest CPU Microcode for your CPU and should improve stability.

@MaynardX

I also use my DVD Writer to rip my audio CD's and just like SoLoR I'm using an Optiarc and my CD's are always accurately ripped with Exact Audio Copy.

Thanks Alien Grey, I'll head for on of the Optiarcs available at the moment. Guess those modern copys manage proper CD ripping. Hope soon get rid off MSR fails with new SoLoRs bios.

s4pphire
    I've been playing around with my OC again recently, working on tweaking things with LLC off in the hopes of getting rid of the random 0x124 BSODs... Anyhow my question is this: What the heck is up with this board? I'll run LinX and everything will pass, but I can come back the next day and run it on the exact same settings and it will fail on the first or second pass, then the next day it passes again.... I'm not really sure whats going on here. I ran several passes of memtest with no errors so I don't think its related to that. I'm seeing the same issues at 3.2 GHz so I don't think its the CPU being pushed to the edges of its capability, and 400FSB should be no where near a wall - I mean, this board supposedly supports 1600FSB. RAM is 1:1 @ DDR2-800 4-4-4-12. CPU temps @ 3.6 [9x400] are 70C max in LinX, @3.2 [8x400] they are 55C so I don't think temps are causing the problems either (CPU and push/pull washermod TRUE both lapped... so I'm out pretty much out of ways to improve the cooling except gong to water... and if I could afford that, I could afford a new sandy bridge cpu/mobo/ram). Running BIOS 0902 still.

If it doesn't appear to be a CPU or RAM problem, it would have to be something mobo related, right? Any thoughts? I haven't had any crashes playing games since this latest round of tweaks, just LinX weirdness.
    It could be a CPU issue too, reaching the higher tiers with 775 quads usually requires a fair amount of fine-tuning with GTL reference voltages, clock skews and straps. If I remember correctly there was a direct correlation between VTT and the CPU's GTL values which were different between the 65nm and 45nm quads. A quick Google search should find you the calculation for the GTL values based on the VTT.

Before bothering with all of that, though, I'd try running a lower multiplier without changing anything else and then seeing if the problem persists first just to isolate the issue.
    Last edited by s4pphire; 12-13-2011 at 06:10 PM.

All of a sudden all DDR led and northbridge led lights are on and stay on when I booted today. This is after booting successfully for 3 years. The indicator says "CPU INIT" and does not change. I have been running OC of 4.50+ for a long time that I dont remember my exact settings. Can someone please help.

Thanks in advance.
    E8400@4.9Ghz
    Rampage Formula
    Sapphire 4870x2
    4GB GSkill
    850Watt Corsair

Xtreme Addict
    Try taking out your RAM and putting it back in again, same goes for reseating your CPU and also check that your Graphics card has not come lose, in fact I would check the graphics card FIRST and then the RAM. then finally the CPU.
    If all of that fails then as harsh as this sounds you may have to press the notorious BIOS default switch, but before pressing that see if you can boot with ONE stick of RAM.
    John
    Stop looking at the walls, look out the window

Tried all of that and stilll showing all lights on. Maybe its time to replace the mobo. Its more than 3 years now.
    E8400@4.9Ghz
    Rampage Formula
    Sapphire 4870x2
    4GB GSkill
    850Watt Corsair

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickgerry View Post
    Tried all of that and stilll showing all lights on. Maybe its time to replace the mobo. Its more than 3 years now.
    I don't think that the board is dead. I think that you've got an electrical short or maybe the CPU is dead or there isn't enough power to run the CPU . If you're using a watercooling you could check for leaks and blow out the dust out of your case.

Thanks Alien Grey. I think you are right about the CPU. I am using vapochill and when I saw a lot of condensation around the CPU. I'll see if I can replace the CPU.
    E8400@4.9Ghz
    Rampage Formula
    Sapphire 4870x2
    4GB GSkill
    850Watt Corsair

Here are my Q9450 latest 24/7 LinX stable settings, with 1002b-R4 bios:

Code:
    *Extreme Tweaker* 
    Ai Overclock Tuner               [Manual] 
    OC From CPU Level Up             [Auto] 
    CPU Ratio Setting                [08.0] 
    FSB Strap to North Bridge        [400] 
    FSB Frequency                    [460] 
    PCIE Frequency                   [110] 

DRAM Frequency                   [DDR2-1226MHz] 
    DRAM Command Rate                [2N] 
    DRAM CMD Skew on Channal A       [Greyed Out] 
    DRAM CMD Skew on Channal B       [Greyed Out] 
    DRAM CLK Skew on Channal A       [Advance 50ps] 
    DRAM CLK Skew on Channal B       [Advance 50ps] 

DRAM Timing Control              [Manual] 
     1st Information 
      CAS# Latency                   [5] 	
      RAS# to CAS# Delay             [5] 	
      RAS# PRE Time                  [5] 	
      RAS# ACT Time                  [15] 	
      RAS# to RAS# Delay             [3] 
      REF Cycle Time                 [Auto (52)] 
      WRITE Recovery Time            [6] 	
      READ to PRE Time               [3] 
     2nd Information 
      READ to WRITE Delay (S/D)      [8] 
      WRITE to READ Delay (S)        [3] 
      WRITE to READ Delay (D)        [5] 
      READ to READ Delay (S)         [4] 
      READ to READ Delay (D)         [6] 
      WRITE to WRITE Delay (S)       [4] 
      WRITE to WRITE Delay (D)       [6] 
     3rd Information 
      WRITE to PRE Delay             [14]	
      READ to PRE Delay              [5] 	
      PRE to PRE Delay               [1] 	
      ALL PRE to ACT Delay           [6] 	
      ALL PRE to REF Delay           [6] 
      Refresh Period		 [16120T]

DRAM Static Read Control         [Disabled] 
    Ai Clock Twister                 [Lighter] 
    Ai Transaction Booster           [06] 		
    Pull-in of CHA PH1	         [Disabled]	
    Pull-in of CHA PH2	         [Disabled]	
    Pull-in of CHA PH3	         [Disabled]	
    Pull-in of CHB PH1	         [Disabled]	
    Pull-in of CHB PH2	         [Disabled]	
    Pull-in of CHB PH3	         [Disabled]	

CPU Voltage                      [1.38v] 
    CPU PLL Voltage                  [1.56v] 
    North Bridge Voltage             [1.61v] 
    DRAM Voltage                     [2.04v] 
    FSB Termination Voltage          [1.38v] 
    South Bridge Voltage             [1.05v] 
    SB 1,5V Voltage                  [1.50v] 
    Loadline Calibration             [Enabled] 
    CPU GTL Voltage Reference        [0.63x] 
    NB GTL Voltage Reference         [0.67x] 
    DRAM Controller Voltage REF      [Auto]
    DRAM Channel A Voltage REF       [Auto] 
    DRAM Channel B Voltage REF       [Auto] 

CPU LED Selection                [CPU Voltage] 
    NB LED Selection                 [North Bridge Voltage] 
    SB LED Selection                 [South Bridge Voltage] 
    Voltiminder LED                  [Enabled] 

CPU Spread Spectrum              [Disabled] 
    PCIE Spred Spectrum              [Disabled] 
    Cpu Clock Skew		         [Delay 200ps]
    NB Clock Skew		         [Delay 100ps]

*CPU Settings* 

CPU Ratio Settings	         [08.0]
    C1E Support	                 [Disabled]
    CPU TM Function	                 [Enabled]
    Vanderpool Technology            [Disabled]
    Execute Disabled Bit	         [Enabled]
    Max CPUID Value Limit            [Disabled]
    My comment to the content above.
    460MHz is max I can reach for 24/7, for 465MHz I'd need higher then 1.40V for both CPU and FSB Term Voltage, which is too much IMHO.
    I guess these high numbers already are because of my CPUs low batch.
    Unable to set LLC "disabled". Simply can't do, LinX stops upon error after few seconds run.
    DRAM Controller and Channels Voltage set to "Auto", because it gives me about 0.4-0.5 GFlops more in LinX.
    CPU and NB Clock Skews respectively 200 and 100 delay, for stability.
    1002b-R4 bios is simply great, allows me for little higher frequency with same voltages, adding more stability. Great job, SoLoR.
    Alien Grey, thanks for your last setup, I mainly based mine on it, especially considering DRAM Timing.
    So I run LinX for 1.40h, because this is max time I usually spend working with my PC.

Unable to add image to the post: error 500.
    Link to the screenshot below:
    http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/...909e69621.html
    Last edited by MaynardX; 12-29-2011 at 05:55 AM. Reason: add a word

i dont know if my problem is isolated to just me, but i am only able to use R0. i have tried R1 thru R4 and it causes problems with the intel raid. seems like a problem only when the controller is in raid mode. I currently run three intel 40GB SSDs in a raid 0 array.

The only diagnostic information i have is that with R3 i got this right after the raid initialized right under the CTRL + I message: "Internal Error - PnP and PCI BIOS not present". On R1 R2 and R4 i either got artifacting and a hard lock when the raid initialized or any drives connected to the intel raid would not show up on the boot list. They did show up in the BIOS in the bootable device list though.

Am i doing something wrong?
    Last edited by spy2520; 01-04-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Having some strange FSB termination issues. Board doesnt really want to boot with more than one memory stick, and even with one it is hit or miss. When it does boot and i cant get as far as the bios, it shows FSB termination as Red and down at 1.088v or around there. If i raise it up it seems to respond better but its very temporary, as in eventually it wont boot and i give it a rest, temps are all good and i'm just trying to get it to run stock speeds now, i tried two different processors, various ram and two power supplies all with the same result. Is this board just dead?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Have you tried resetting the board?
    Computer: Intel i7-4770k | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Impact | 240GB Corsair Force GT | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 | 16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz | EVGA GTX690 Hydro Copper 4GB | Corsair AX850 | Steelseries 7G | Logitech G500 | 27" 2560x1440 Overlord Tempest X270OC 120Hz S-IPS
    Cooling: Koolance 380i CPU block | Swiftech Hydro Copper GPU block | EK X3 150 Reservoir | EK X-TOP D5 PWM drive | PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Bloodshed red | Alphacool NexXxos 240mm XT45 | Alphacool NexXxos 280mm UT60 | Bitspower Fittings | 4x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 120mm | 2x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm | Lamptron FC-5V2
    Case: Custom modded matte black Caselabs Mercury S3

Yeah I've tried everything I can think of. Reset cmos. Reseat CPU. Swap out cpu, ram, change ram slots, swap out power supply. And also I tested the CPU ram and power supply on an old p5w dh deluxe and they all worked fine.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Then yes, it appears that your x48 has lost its go.
    Computer: Intel i7-4770k | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Impact | 240GB Corsair Force GT | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 | 16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz | EVGA GTX690 Hydro Copper 4GB | Corsair AX850 | Steelseries 7G | Logitech G500 | 27" 2560x1440 Overlord Tempest X270OC 120Hz S-IPS
    Cooling: Koolance 380i CPU block | Swiftech Hydro Copper GPU block | EK X3 150 Reservoir | EK X-TOP D5 PWM drive | PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Bloodshed red | Alphacool NexXxos 240mm XT45 | Alphacool NexXxos 280mm UT60 | Bitspower Fittings | 4x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 120mm | 2x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm | Lamptron FC-5V2

Quote Originally Posted by 3lfk1ng View Post
    Then yes, it appears that your x48 has lost its go.
    Most likely. The only thing i havent tried is to try and remove/reinstall the board to make sure there are no loose screws or standoffs. I have it limping along now with one 1GB memory stick (its favorite) all at stock speeds. Got a Sabertooth 990FX on the way to hold me over i guess until more 2011 intel chips and cheaper x79 boards are out.

Hi SoLor,

Could you please re-upload the 1002b-R4 bios?

Thanks in advance.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by James7410 View Post
    Hi SoLor,

Could you please re-upload the 1002b-R4 bios?

Thanks in advance.
    its still there....: http://hotfix.chris123nt.com/Asus.Ra...mula/Bios.MOD/

Xtreme Addict
    off topic

Who's interested in Retro Gaming?

If you're interested in Retro Gaming and you would like to play your favourite arcade or console games you should have a look at the Dingoo A380. It's a cheap Chinese console that comes with a lot of emulators to play your favourite retro games. You can buy it from China on eBay. It has 4GB internal storage and an external MicroSD slot. The best thing is that the internal storage on the Dingoo A380 is also a MicroSD that can be replaced with a larger MicroSD.

I've bought one and upgraded it to 32GB. Enough space to store every single game ROM.

Anyway if you're interested and would like to have hours of gaming fun and hours of discussions check out the Dingoonity Dingoo Technology A380 forum.

P.S.: Did I mention that it should be possible to overclock it to 500MHz.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ^Or one could just get Hyperspin for free on your current PC.

Hyperspin is a beautiful front end that allows you to have an infinite number of emulators and all of your favorite games. It supports joysticks and game controllers and if you tell Windows to boot directly too it, it even has a way to launch PC games.

Page 185 of 189 FirstFirst ... 85135175182183184185186187188 ... LastLast