Page 1 of 376 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Numbers: Get 'Em While They're Hot!

V3 Xeons coming soon!

Today's Numbers: Get 'Em While They're Hot!

Martijn asked and as they say, "out of the mouth of babes"
    Damn, he isn't that young anymore..

OK, to start this off the right way here's todays numbers:
    XtremeSystems 5,028,357
    Easynews 4,985,572
    Last edited by Movieman; 03-26-2008 at 07:09 PM. Reason: world peace and tranquility
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Member
    YEAH!!!

snuze-ya-luz goin' down!
    There are no dangerous weapons, there are only dangerous men. - RAH
    Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.

Hamster Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Martijn asked and as they say, "out of the mouth of babes"
    Damn, he isn't that young anymore..

OK, to start this off the right way here's todays numbers:
    XtremeSystems 5,028,357
    Easynews 4,985,572
    I knew that the Pentium Pro system you are working on was really going to help.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    Yuo mean he moved up from the 486 system already?
    Donate to Xtreme Systems!

Now Showing:
    Gigabyte x48-DQ6, Q6600,OCZ 1066 Reapers,2 750gb seagate 7200.11 hd, BFG 8800GTS 512,PC P&C 750 Quad psu, 24" Sceptre lcd, Antec 900

my wife's system now!
    Intel C2D 6400, Zotac Matx mobo, 1gb kingston mem, Nvidia 7050, I Feel really Good now!
    Jon C2D 6600 Zotac mobo 1gb mem............................................... ................. HTPC qx6700@3.0ghz
    Annabelle Amd 3800+@2.4ghz, Biostar mobo, 1gb ocz pc4500 beta's................. Optyx2 opty165@ 2.1 ghz

'Want a real high?
    Come crunch WCG and you'll feel like your on QuadCaine"

First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    I knew that the Pentium Pro system you are working on was really going to help.

They ain't Pentium Pro's..
    Sossaman's pal, Yonah's with another name..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...B:EOIBSA:US:12
    This will be for Dear Old I think and the beasts will be down here if they don't blow all the breakers..
    Will 100 amps handle 69 cores?
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Hamster Powered

This will be for Dear Old I think and the beasts will be down here if they don't blow all the breakers..
    So you are "Clustering" the Pentium Pros?
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Is there anyway to run WCG on a rig that has no video card? It has everything but a VC....

Xtreme Cruncher
    Sure, most MB's will boot without one. Sometimes there's a setting in BIOS like "halt on no errors". Just use remote desktop or BOINCview to keep tabs on it My whole farm runs without vid cards.
    i7 3970X @ 4500MHz 1.28v
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4x4GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133MHz 9-11-10-27
    Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC 3-way Crossfire
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    HK 3.0-MCP655-Phobya 400mm rad
    Corsair AX1200i
    Sandisk Exrtreme 240GB
    3x2TB WD Greens for storage
    TT Armor VA8003SWA

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by fallwind View Post
    Sure, most MB's will boot without one. Sometimes there's a setting in BIOS like "halt on no errors". Just use remote desktop or BOINCview to keep tabs on it My whole farm runs without vid cards.
    Well it runs on Linux and I have not figured out how to do boincview with it, I ordered a cheap ATI card from newegg that had free shipping but it was DOA so I sent it back... I will just turn it on and hope it works, it was running WCG before until I robbed the VC for another rig...

XS WCG Hamster Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by road-runner View Post
    Well it runs on Linux and I have not figured out how to do boincview with it, I ordered a cheap ATI card from newegg that had free shipping but it was DOA so I sent it back... I will just turn it on and hope it works, it was running WCG before until I robbed the VC for another rig...
    You can always look on your device stats on the WCG page to make sure it's at least putting up daily scores.

Maybe one of the Linux guys will pipe in with how to boincview on Linux.

Just some thoughts on it.....Caveat: I'm no Linux expert by any means....Maybe it's just like on a win machine since I would imagine it has generated the equivalent of GUI_RPC_AUTH and is looking for a remote_hosts config file. Perhaps you could use a file search function and see what's in the boinc directory. If GUI_RPC_AUTH is there maybe you could throw on the remote host file and away you go...
    If You ain't Crunching, you ain't Xtreme enough. Go Here
    Help cure CANCER, MS, AIDS, and other diseases.
    ....and don't let your GPU sit there bored...Crunch or Fold on it!!
    Go Here, Or Here

Xtreme Cruncher
    What Linux Distro are you using? Most decent ones have some kind of remote access built in, so you can "borrow" a card from another machine, boot it up, set up remote access, then close down, remove card, reboot, and then away you go. You might just have to make sure that the OS doesn't care if there's a VC or not.

Eller

Desktop: Q6600 G0 @ 3.6 Ghz | P5E | 2x2 Gb G.Skill PC8000 | GTX 560 Ti | CM690 | TT TP 750 watt | Win 7 Pro x64 | Water Cooling
    Server: i3 530 (Stock) | CM Vortex Low-Profile | Zotac H55-ITX WIFI | 2x2Gb Corsair 1333Mhz | IGP | VX450 | Server 2008 R2 x64

Love will tear us apart
    Ah SneakerNet. The good old days. Well any day I was younger was "a good old day"
    Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830
    Apogee HD White | 140MM UT60/120MM UT45/120MM ST30 | XSPC D5 V2

Mr. Boardburner
    Main rig:
    CPU: I7 920C0 @ 3.6Ghz (180*20)
    Mobo: DFI UT X58 T3eH8
    RAM: 12GB OCZ DDR3-1600 Platinum
    GPU/LCD: GeForce GTX280 + GeForce 8600GTS (Quad LCDs)
    Intel X25-M G2 80GB, 12TB storage
    PSU/Case: Corsair AX850, Silverstone TJ07

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yeah, I would make sure the bios is setup to skip any errors first, like lack of keyboard or whatnot, including no VC. Do you have openssh setup(the standard way to launch an encrypted session into a linux machine)?

Basically all you need to do to remote manage a boinc installation is setup remote_hosts.cfg with the specified IPs to control it(or else take the risk and run boinc with the '--allow_remote_gui_rpc' arguement to allow all to access it) and have the password set in gui_rpc_auth.cfg that'll be required to login. Let us know if you need any more help or if there are problems

Xtreme Cruncher
    If he's just accessing the computer from within his (secured) home LAN, there's no need for anything more advanced than an un-encrypted standard remote access. Makes things a hell of a lot easier

Eller

Desktop: Q6600 G0 @ 3.6 Ghz | P5E | 2x2 Gb G.Skill PC8000 | GTX 560 Ti | CM690 | TT TP 750 watt | Win 7 Pro x64 | Water Cooling
    Server: i3 530 (Stock) | CM Vortex Low-Profile | Zotac H55-ITX WIFI | 2x2Gb Corsair 1333Mhz | IGP | VX450 | Server 2008 R2 x64

Xtreme Cruncher
    i am bring my main quad back to 24/7 crunching.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xtreme Cruncher
    Well, telnet would be un-encypted, and I don't hear it really being used over ssh(which should be considered secure for the most part)... For all intents and purposes openssh isn't very hard to setup, at least as a binary package. I know in the past I've had to manually setup an RSA/DSA key, but I swear with most distros these days it'll take care of the hard part and you only have to modify the config file if need be.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Heh, fair enough. For my Ubuntu rigs, I just enable Remote Desktop from settings, and then use something like UltraVNC Viewer to check up on them from my main rig. Takes all of 4-5 clicks to set up Remote Desktop on the 'buntu machine

Eller

Xtreme Cruncher

YES I have run more than that[90+], and it only pulls 70amps
    mike

ROADTRIP For my DAD 09-11-07 and MA 10-28-11

comhar a neartú agus a leathnú

Hamster Powered

I wasn't talking about "Sammy", I was talking about your NEW build.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    I wasn't talking about "Sammy", I was talking about your NEW build.
    OHHHHHHH, yes, thats the super secret dual whatchamacallit with the supersecret XXnm process that amongst other things is supposed to regrow your hair, put lead in your pencil and make the sun shine every day all while working to finds cures at a rate unseen my modern man.
    I guess that clears up any questions on this subject!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by karl_eller View Post
    What Linux Distro are you using? Most decent ones have some kind of remote access built in, so you can "borrow" a card from another machine, boot it up, set up remote access, then close down, remove card, reboot, and then away you go. You might just have to make sure that the OS doesn't care if there's a VC or not.

Eller
    I am using Ubuntu 7.10 64 bit on my local home network.I am going to do that today and try to setup that remote desktop, I remember seeing it....

Xtreme Cruncher
    Way to go with that, it's built-in with Ubuntu. I go under network properties with the icon in the top corner and set a fixed IP address, then use the Terminal Server Client under "Internet" to connect to that IP addy via VNC.

don_xvi helps find cures for cancer, AIDS and West Nile, among other research !
    Donald A. Perlick helps find cures for Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's, among other research !

Coat It with GOOOO
    OHHHHHHH, yes, thats the super secret dual whatchamacallit with the supersecret XXnm process that amongst other things is supposed to regrow your hair, put lead in your pencil and make the sun shine every day all while working to finds cures at a rate unseen my modern man.
    I guess that clears up any questions on this subject!
    hehe, not so secret now

I probably shouldn't get something similar as I'm too harry already and there's plenty of lead in my pencil.
    Main-- i7-980x @ 4.5GHZ | Asus P6X58D-E | HD5850 @ 950core 1250mem | 2x160GB intel x25-m G2's |
    Wife-- i7-860 @ 3.5GHz | Gigabyte P55M-UD4 | HD5770 | 80GB Intel x25-m |
    HTPC1-- Q9450 | Asus P5E-VM | HD3450 | 1TB storage
    HTPC2-- QX9750 | Asus P5E-VM | 1TB storage |
    Car-- T7400 | Kontron mini-ITX board | 80GB Intel x25-m | Azunetech X-meridian for sound |

I am Xtreme
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Page 1 of 376 12341151101 ... LastLast