Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanyo Denki San Ace 109R1212H1011 out of stock Everywhere?

Xtreme Addict

Sanyo Denki San Ace 109R1212H1011 out of stock Everywhere?

Is there some kind of global shortage from Sanyo Denki? Ive checked every single bulk reseller from Sanyo Denki America's site, every single one was out or removed the model number from their inventory.

And these are the places that buy right from Sanyo Denki japan in bulk, and only sell in boxes of 20, or with a 20 piece minimum. (Prettymuch the places where all the PC sites would get them from in a few boxes worth at around $15-$18 a piece and sell for around $25)

The model isn't even on the Sanyo Denki product list, they have 2 other fans with the same performance but slightly different features (something to do with sensors)

Anyone know whats the deal, or where they can be purchased from (even if in 20piece minimum bulk, actually preferable since I need around that many and they will be much cheaper in all that way)

Xtreme Member
    I have been wondering the same thing myself for a while now. I downloaded the product sheets and found all the following fans have the exact same specs:

109R1212H101 - ribbed
    109R1212H1011
    109R1212H102 - ribbed, no rpm (yellow) wire
    109R1212H1021 - no rpm wire

All four of these fans are listed by Sanyo Denki as .52A, 6.24W, 2600RPM, 102.3CFM, 64.7Pa, 39 dB, so I will presume they are identical except for the differences noted above. The 102's seem widely available. Seeing as it would be a poor idea to connect these to a motherboard in the first place, I doubt the lack of a rpm wire would affect many. Finally, 101's are available at ThermalFx. I purchased a few of these and they are identical to my 1011's except for the additional plastic. Worst case, you could dremel away any problem areas.
    Last edited by ixtapalapaquetl; 03-21-2008 at 06:26 AM. Reason: corrected labeling errors
    DFI LP UT P35-T2R | E8400 Q743A748 - IHS removed
    Team Xtreme PC2 9600 2x1GB | Auzentech XPlosion
    PCP+C Silencer 750W | 2x36GB Raptors RAID-0 | XFX 7800GT
    Iwaki MD20-RZT | FuZion - 4.4mm - modified ProMount | PA120.3

Xtreme Member
    man i really want some of these fans.. but i cant seem to get myself to shell out 20~ dollars a fan!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by InfamousChu View Post
    man i really want some of these fans.. but i cant seem to get myself to shell out 20~ dollars a fan!
    Ha, if only it was as easy as shelling out $20 a fan! Gotta find a distributer first.

When even the official American wholesale distributers are out of stock, it makes you think something is wrong.

Xtreme Member
    Are they still being produced?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtapalapaquetl View Post
    I have been wondering the same thing myself for a while now. I downloaded the product sheets and found all the following fans have the exact same specs:

109R1212H101 - ribbed
    109R1212H1011
    109R1212H102 - no rpm (yellow) wire
    109R1212H1021 - ribbed, no rpm wire

All four of these fans are listed by Sanyo Denki as .52A, 6.24W, 2600RPM, 102.3CFM, 64.7Pa, 39 dB, so I will presume they are identical except for the differences noted above. The 102's seem widely available. Seeing as it would be a poor idea to connect these to a motherboard in the first place, I doubt the lack of a rpm wire would affect many. Finally, 1011's are available at ThermalFx. I purchased a few of these and they are identical to my 101's except for the additional plastic. Worst case, you could dremel away any problem areas.
    109R1212H101 - ribbed 17 in stock

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    Quote Originally Posted by InfamousChu View Post
    That's why we haven't had any for a while... We used to get them at a reasonable price from a particular supplier, until we ran 'em out of fans. Now, going through one of the companies that Sanyo USA directed me to, it would cost us nearly what we used to sell them for (meaning that we would have to charge far more than we're comfortable with for a fan ).
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Daddy View Post
    109R1212H101 - ribbed 17 in stock
    thanks Big_Daddy - corrected previous post
    DFI LP UT P35-T2R | E8400 Q743A748 - IHS removed
    Team Xtreme PC2 9600 2x1GB | Auzentech XPlosion
    PCP+C Silencer 750W | 2x36GB Raptors RAID-0 | XFX 7800GT
    Iwaki MD20-RZT | FuZion - 4.4mm - modified ProMount | PA120.3

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    That's why we haven't had any for a while... We used to get them at a reasonable price from a particular supplier, until we ran 'em out of fans. Now, going through one of the companies that Sanyo USA directed me to, it would cost us nearly what we used to sell them for (meaning that we would have to charge far more than we're comfortable with for a fan ).
    Can't you just become a reseller yourself? I'm sure if your order is large enough you'll get a discount, and these things will probably sell like hot cakes priced correctly as well.
    E7200 @ 3.4 ; 7870 GHz 2 GB
    Intel's atom is a terrible chip.

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    Quote Originally Posted by cegras View Post
    Can't you just become a reseller yourself? I'm sure if your order is large enough you'll get a discount, and these things will probably sell like hot cakes priced correctly as well.
    To even get a reasonable price, we'd be looking at having to buy 600+ fans, wait three to four months for them to arrive, and then end up having to sell them for around $20/unit. I don't know about you, but I'd rather put the money into other water cooling parts.

Besides, when we did have these fans in stock, the vast majority of them sold to companies, not to end users.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Banned
    Problem with these fans, is they are a:

IBM Factory Replacement for the Netfinity 7000 HOT SWAP Fan.

AND, if you get them in that configuration they are 60+ a piece. All you have to do is take the old fan out of the metal holder, and put this one in. That's why they go so quickly, and cost so much.

Xtreme Addict
    Is there Any way to get them in a quantity of 20-30? Even if the price is higher (cant really be higher then what you pay from places that buy in bulk then sell individually)
    Don't care if I have to order them from outside the US.

Its crazy how absolutely none of the bulk resellers on Sanyo Denki Americas site have them.

Xtreme Member
    it's very hard to get them in europe too. i've given up my quest (fed up calling europe, my phone bill is huge x_X) and resigned myself to zalman ZMF3s instead.

The ironic thing is they if they rolled these out worldwide, it pretty much wouldn't matter how much they sold them for, they'd sell. people like us would buy them ^^
    "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Banned
    Well, maybe we can get together, and get petra to help us with a bulk order.

Xtreme Addict
    Are they restricting supply to keep the market price up? I can smell conspiracy anywhere & everywhere lol
    Last edited by RADCOM; 03-23-2008 at 05:10 PM. Reason: spelling
    Respec'
    System:Bunch of crappy overclocked PC's that cost an arm and a leg

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RADCOM View Post
    Are they restricting supply to keep the market price up? I can smeel conspiracy anywhere & everywhere lol
    Says the man with the Apocalypse avatar...

I paid $20 for 6 of my 1011's and I had to pay $30 to get my 7th. Price is definitely an issue.

http://www.electrospec.com/electroni...12-H-1011.html

Does anyone know if these guys are legitimate? They say they have 120 in stock.

Xtreme Addict
    I had actually did some rough math though, assuming you bought 1000 units, at, say .. 16 (conservative estimate). That's 16,000. Sounds like a lot, but if you do sell them for 20, and I'm pretty sure they will sell (maybe over time, maybe suddenly), that's a 4000 return. 25% profit?
    E7200 @ 3.4 ; 7870 GHz 2 GB
    Intel's atom is a terrible chip.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FuriousSalesman View Post
    Says the man with the Apocalypse avatar...

I paid $20 for 6 of my 1011's and I had to pay $30 to get my 7th. Price is definitely an issue.

http://www.electrospec.com/electroni...12-H-1011.html

Does anyone know if these guys are legitimate? They say they have 120 in stock.
    How did you find that link? Doing a standard search on their site with the model number doesn't bring up that result. Send them a Quote request though.

Though I dont know if you can order from them unless your a company.

When looking at the RFQ page for the product it says "We do not sell to distributors, resellers, brokers."

But on their "search out inventory" page it says "We do not sell to distributors or individuals."
    Last edited by Zaskar; 03-22-2008 at 08:08 AM.

Xtreme 3D Team Member
    I'm not an air cooling guy so I don't follow the fans like you guys do, I bought these at a local store are they any good? I didn't see them mentioned. BTW mendelsons (the store) also has massive supplies of variable resistors and every concievable electronidc component you could imagine. they buy out odd lots from manufacturers etc, as well as complete inventories from factories that close. The store is in Dayton Ohio.

http://www.meci.com/product_info.php...s_id/650811604
    QX 9650 5ghz with 1.55v 4.8ghz with 1.5v 24/7 in a VAPOLI V-2000B+ Single stage phase cooling.
    DFI LP LT X-38 T2R
    2X HD4850's water cooled , volt modded
    Thermaltake 1KW Psu
    4x Seagate 250GB in RAID 0
    8GB crucial ballistix ram

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    To even get a reasonable price, we'd be looking at having to buy 600+ fans, wait three to four months for them to arrive, and then end up having to sell them for around $20/unit. I don't know about you, but I'd rather put the money into other water cooling parts.

Besides, when we did have these fans in stock, the vast majority of them sold to companies, not to end users.
    I dunno, they would probably sell for $30 a unit just as fast :P Could probably order 1/3rd that amount to get them for that much more.

ha it would probably be better for individuals in the long run too at the higher price, since businesses would most likely forget about them at that price since they are looking at large orders and it would add up.

Xtreme Addict
    So besides the lack of RPM monitoring, the 1021's are exactly the same as the 1011's?

Sweet, because I have 2 1021's lying around, though they tick a little when used.

No RPM wire monitoring does not mean the fan can't be undervolted, right?
    -

"Language cuts the grooves in which our thoughts must move" | Frank Herbert, The Santaroga Barrier
    2600K | GTX 580 SLI | Asus MIV Gene-Z | 16GB @ 1600 | Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold | Crucial C300 64 | Crucial M4 64 | Intel X25-M 160 G2 | OCZ Vertex 60 | Hitachi 2TB | WD 320

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by CedricFP View Post
    So besides the lack of RPM monitoring, the 1021's are exactly the same as the 1011's?

Sweet, because I have 2 1021's lying around, though they tick a little when used.

No RPM wire monitoring does not mean the fan can't be undervolted, right?
    Thats correct, just means that you cant plug in a separate RPM monitor into a 3 pron mobo fan port to monitor fan speed inside windows.

Just at roughly the same extremely expensive price for a fan, if I'm going to invest in them, I want them to be exactly what i want.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskar View Post
    Thats correct, just means that you cant plug in a separate RPM monitor into a 3 pron mobo fan port to monitor fan speed inside windows.

Just at roughly the same extremely expensive price for a fan, if I'm going to invest in them, I want them to be exactly what i want.
    I would tend to agree. When I bought the two, over 2 years ago, I had no idea about the aforementioned differences.

However, I must have forgotten about them - they've been collecting dust for the last 2 years, and a quick test yest revealed slight ticks in the motor when running.

They should do very well on my PA 160's if I can resolve the tick issue - either by case insulation or opening up the fan and poking around inside.
    -

"Language cuts the grooves in which our thoughts must move" | Frank Herbert, The Santaroga Barrier
    2600K | GTX 580 SLI | Asus MIV Gene-Z | 16GB @ 1600 | Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold | Crucial C300 64 | Crucial M4 64 | Intel X25-M 160 G2 | OCZ Vertex 60 | Hitachi 2TB | WD 320

Xtreme Addict
    They both are ticking?

Xtreme Member
    Sanyo Denki makes the best fans, no question. I got on the bandwagon many years ago when that guy on Ebay was selling these for 5 dollars a pop. They are/were the closed corner ribbed version (12H101). I bought about 16-18 of them. Lots of them have been used 24/7 and still going strong as the day I bought them (around 04-05). Even at full power, they make a very soothing hum noise, not a vacuum cleaner sounding racket like a Delta or Tornado.
    Last edited by Kilyin; 03-23-2008 at 10:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast