Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check out my friends latest Subaru project car. Pics!

Xtreme Addict

Check out my friends latest Subaru project car. Pics!

So a couple of my Bulgarian buddies who own Renner Motorsport over in Inglewood, CA picked up a 2-Door Subaru Impreza 2.5RS and completely replace the engine, drive train, transmission, seats, and dashboard with the full setup obtained out of a 2006 Subaru STi which was totaled by the previous owner.

Not only that, they installed a front mount intercooler, GT30R turbo, all tube headers + race exhaust, and widened the body and fenders so the 500awhp can be put down to the ground through the STi AWD system. Some of the body parts are from the 22B Subaru.

Here are a couple shots of it. The other blue 2.5RS is the guys brother's car, and has a full STi swap in it as well.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Addict
    Very nice I bet that's pretty damn fast on the track.
    [i5 2500K, ASrock extreme3 gen3, Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1600MHz, Palit GTX570 Sonic Platinum, CM HAF932, Antec Truepower New 650w]

Xtreme Cruncher
    Very nice setup... few questions.

HOW IN THE H3LL do you work on an engine that is that cramped.. i mean Jeez when i slapped a turbo on my saturn it was bad but not even close compared to how smashed that engine bay is.

2.) I really dont like the blue interior, to me it says " 70's cheese" especially for a car that retained almost close to the factory exhaust an other visual aspects.

3.) I <3 those rims/tires on that car.. looks really good

Congrats on your friends purchase.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I absolutely love that impreza design. The newer ones don't look as great as this one . Beautiful car.
    -----------------Main Setup-----------------
    Processor: Intel C2D E4600ES @ 3.4 Ghz
    Motherboard: Abit AW9D-Max
    Heatsink: Cooler Master GeminII HSF
    Graphics Card: eVGA 6800GS 515//1320 (hacked SLI)
    RAM: 2x 1Gb GeIL Ultra UDCA= DDR2 800Mhz cas 4
    RAM: 2x 1Gb Crucial Tenth Anniversary DDR2 667Mhz cas 3
    Hard Drive (Primary): 1 x 200Gb Seagate EIDE
    Hard Drive (Secondary): 1 x Seagate 160GB SATA
    Hard Drive (Secondary): 1 x Seagate 300Gb SATAII
    DVD-RW Drive: 1 x Lite-on CD-RW/DVD-RW
    Power Supply: Antec Basiq 500W

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet2urbrain View Post
    Very nice setup... few questions.

HOW IN THE H3LL do you work on an engine that is that cramped.. i mean Jeez when i slapped a turbo on my saturn it was bad but not even close compared to how smashed that engine bay is.
    One of the beautiful things about these Subaru 'boxer' engines is that most parts that you'd commonly need to access are up on top of the engine. Only a few parts like plugs are down low and hard to get to.

2.) I really dont like the blue interior, to me it says " 70's cheese" especially for a car that retained almost close to the factory exhaust an other visual aspects.
    The cars original color was blue as was the interior. Also, the totaled STi that he got all the stuff out of was blue/blue.

Congrats on your friends purchase.
    What was purchased by these guys was a totaled STi and a gutted 2-door impreza.

ALL of the engine/drivetrain/interior/etc transplant was done entirely by the owner and his brother @ Renner Motorsports.

Very nice I bet that's pretty damn fast on the track.
    The car was just recently finished and it's first track day is Sunday, March 30.. 2008 @ Buttonwillow Raceway in Central California.

I'll be up there for the day, but wont be doing any driving. I'll definitely get some track time in while riding shotgun.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Member
    Damn, that is a clean Impreza. Perfectly made. No crappy looking ground effects, no huge exhaust, and I to love the rims; are those the gram lights?
    Intel E6300 1.86ghz @ 3.6ghz w/ Zalman CNPS 9500
    Gigabyte IP35 DS3
    Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4gb
    XFX 256mb 7600GS
    Seasonic S12
    1.5tb hdd space

Xtreme Addict
    Id love to know what it sounds like, Scoobies sound awesome enough at stock so i bet that thing sounds like the god of thunder.

Xtreme Addict
    Beautiful man.

Spoiler's a bit much tho...

XBOX Gamertag:Fujimitsu - I'm lonely, be my friend!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujimitsu View Post
    Beautiful man.

True, but I'm sure the car needs it...

Xtreme X.I.P.
    After all that work and then they failed to get the steering wheel on straight Attention to little details like that are important

heh .. couldn't resist, bet it sounds nice as well

Regards

Andy

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zakelwe View Post
    After all that work and then they failed to get the steering wheel on straight Attention to little details like that are important

heh .. couldn't resist, bet it sounds nice as well

Regards

Andy

Check out the front tires in the first photo... they're turned to the left. Just like the steering wheel.

Id love to know what it sounds like, Scoobies sound awesome enough at stock so i bet that thing sounds like the god of thunder.
    Well I just happen to have a video camera mount which i'll bring to Buttonwillow raceway in a week so I can video things from inside the car. I'm sure you'll get some excellent audio out of it.

-- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujimitsu View Post
    Beautiful man.

The wing is functional and adjustable. Plus the owner and his brother (who owns the other blue subbie) raced Rally professionally when they lived in Bulgaria some 10 or so years ago... so i doubt they out it on there if it didn't serve a purpose.

Even my Evolution IX which had 355awhp when I was racing it required the rear wing for high speed stability especially while braking. Without the wing, the rear would definitely get loose and scare me to death.

-- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I love it, better than any of the newer WRX's/STI's IMO.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB View Post
    Check out the front tires in the first photo... they're turned to the left. Just like the steering wheel.
    I know, just my warped humour. I take my hat of to anyone undertaking such modifcations. My DIY, either car or home is terrible.

Regards

Andy

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wow that is lovely. Old Impreza's look the best imo. How much did the build cost him in total? Btw don't forget to have the camera ready when you're in shotgun
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    A DFI board is like a divorce, expensive, but well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualrain View Post
    I dunno... I think a DFI board is more like marriage... demanding, time consuming, and a PITA but rewarding in it's own twisted way.

I am Xtreme
    Sick RS. Love that body style. Is that the ver 7 sti wing? Where did you get it? I'm buying a bugeye soon and want that wing.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

INTEL inside
    crazy STi !!!

now, where is the video ?
    retired computer enthusiast

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by afireinside View Post
    Sick RS. Love that body style. Is that the ver 7 sti wing? Where did you get it? I'm buying a bugeye soon and want that wing.
    nice sig :banana::banana::banana:

edit: tuniq pwns

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by burton View Post
    nice sig :banana::banana::banana:

edit: tuniq pwns
    nice non existant sig, :banana::banana::banana:
    * Intel C2D E6300 @ 3.0
    * Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi-AP
    * G.skill 2GB HZ
    * eVGA 7900GTO 512
    * Seagate 'Cuda 7200.10 320GB
    * 2005fpw, X-Fi, G15, G7, MX1000, fUnc F.10s, X-530's, Tagan u22-480-sli

Xtreme Cruncher
    andrew where did you get your camera mount, im interested in one

nice swap your friend did there, andrew do you still work for that tuning company ??? i cant remember the name.... and you still have an audi right ?
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Mentor
    Looking quite good. Any figures?
    What's it weighing for instance?

Honestly McRae did a mighty job in the 90's advising FHI what type of car to make after the Legacy.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertim0r View Post
    crazy STi !!!

now, where is the video ?

BAD NEWS EVERYONE!!!!!

We got to ButtonWillow raceway this past Saturday and during his first warm-up session.... the brand new GT30R turbo on his engine that only has 5k miles on it had the main bearing on the compressor side go out, destroying the turbo.

Manufacturer defect it seems. The turbo itself had about 4,000 miles on it and showed zero signs of imbalance on either the hot side or cold side.

... it was depressing. I guess I'll have to wait till next months trip to Spring Valley Raceway in Nevada.

andrew where did you get your camera mount, im interested in one

nice swap your friend did there, andrew do you still work for that tuning company ??? i cant remember the name.... and you still have an audi right ?
    The mount was made by another one of my Bulgarian buddies. It's integrated into the harness bar thats mounted behind the front seats.

Depending on your seat style, it's very easy to build a mount from parts at Home Depot (etc) that hooks onto your seats head rest.

And no... I'm no longer running Oettinger of North America. They're no longer being imported by my former employer, CEC Wheels. APR Tuning in Auburn, Alabama is now running the show.

And yes... I still own the only Sprint Blue Pearl Effect Audi A4 (Sedan) in North America. . Some guy on the east coast managed to get an A4 Avant in Sprint Blue and cramped my style.

Here's my ride down on the beach by my house. Quattro rules. The lifeguards were convinced i'd get stuck when they allowed me to drive out onto the sand to take photos. I finished up the photo shoot by doing donuts in the sand down by the surf. hehe.

-- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Cruncher
    i have a leon FR same engine as your 2.0t

right now running intake evoms, bsh dv relocation kit in my house, atp downpipe in my house, ecs dog bone insert, evoms heatshield, hawk pads, ecs magnetic oil plug and waiting for my dealer to solve their issues with APR to flash stage II

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] leviathan18 View Post
    i have a leon FR same engine as your 2.0t

right now running intake evoms, bsh dv relocation kit in my house, atp downpipe in my house, ecs dog bone insert, evoms heatshield, hawk pads, ecs magnetic oil plug and
    I haven't done much to this car so far. Right now i'm running an Oettinger chip with stock, 91oct, 93oct, and 100oct programs. Also 3" turbo-back neuspeed exhaust and high flow cat, neuspeed suspension, neuspeed short shifter, RS4 front and rear sway bars, and a K&N intake.

As soon as it's available, I'm moving up to the Stage 3+ Oettinger GT30R turbo + front mount intercooler and tube manifold. Should have about 420hp or so then.

waiting for my dealer to solve their issues with APR to flash stage II
    Whats the issue with APR? If you have to deal with them directly, ask for Tom and tell him Andrew from CEC referred you. He still owes me for the deal i gave him on a new Oettinger bumper when he hit a deer in his Audi A4 two years ago. hehe.

-- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Cruncher
    remember my friend i live in venezuela, it seems my dealer is having issues connecting to apr servers...

i have andy from apr in my msn lol...

why you dont go with the apr stage III its brutal 500+ if you build internals or atp gt30 also way over 450 with hpfp

i think next year i will get me a gt2871rs and call it a day 350 is my target

im running catless 3" the downpipe we dont have smog regs or carb or anything close to that LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast