Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crysis Hotfix 1.21 Released

Xtreme Mentor

Crysis Hotfix 1.21 Released

Crysis Hotfix 1.21 Released

A hotfix update for Crysis has been released, updating Crytek's action game to version 1.21. The 37MB sized patch for Crysis fixes the known security hole in the game code which causes client and server crashes when playing online. Be sure to have patch 1.2 installed before, installing patch 1.21.

DOWNLOAD: Crysis Hotfix 1.21

Crymod

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showpo...63&postcount=1

[Review] Core i7 920 & UD5 » Here!! « .....[Review] XFX GTX260 216SP Black Edition » Here!! «
    [Review] ASUS HD4870X2 TOP » Here!! «
    .....[Review] EVGA 750i SLi FTW » Here!! «
    [Review] BFG 9800GTX 512MB » Here!! « .....[Review] Geforce 9800GX2 1GB » Here!! «
    [Review] EVGA GTX280 1GB GDDR3 » Here!! « .....[Review] Powercolor HD4870 512MB GDDR5 » Here!! «

Xtreme Addict
    Seeing as how I don't play online, I don't need this right?

I am Xtreme
    I wouldn't think so. There are roughly 870 people who play this game online at this time (this figure can change throughout the day).
    Last edited by Eastcoasthandle; 03-19-2008 at 03:57 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Mentor
    Will it fix the missing truck wheels?
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
    yeah I love it how devs will seemingly ignore real gripes on purpose while spending all their time tweaking with stuff 99% of us will never appreciate. Crysis multiplayer? perhaps last december :P

Xtreme Mentor
    The missing truck wheels is only when loading and playing from a saved game on patched 1.2 that was created before v1.2. If you start the game from scratch in 1.2 the wheels show up just fine.
    Silverstone Temjin TJ-09BW w/ Silverstone DA750
    Asus P8P67
    2600K w/ Thermalright Venomous X Black w/ Sanyo Denki San Ace 109R1212H1011
    8GB G.Skill DDR-1600 7-8-7-24
    Gigabyte GTX 460 1G
    Modded Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty w/ Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    1 X 120GB OCZ Vertex
    1 X 300GB WD Velociraptor HLFS
    1 X Hitachi 7K1000 1TB
    Pioneer DVR-216L DVD-RW
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Quote Originally Posted by alexio View Post
    From the hip and aim at the kitchen if she doesn't approve your purchases. She'll know better next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoasthandle View Post
    I wouldn't think so. There are roughly 870 people who play this game online at this time (this figure can change throughout the day).
    Thats not alot people. I remember years into Tribes 2's life there were many thousands of players online at a time. I miss that game.

Best multiplayer game ever; and you wont convince me otherwise.

Xtreme Member
    They've missed the boat, most of the people I know have already played Crysis and been disappointed with the bugs. They won't go back.
    No rig right now.

Xtreme Member
    I would like to play Cryis MP but it plauged with cheaters and bugs. BF2.
    Q6600 G0 - 4870 512MB - 4GB DDR3-1600 - GA-EP45-DS3R - 2 x 7200.10 RAID 0 - OP650

Xtreme Guru

What bugs? I have never seen bugs in SP. No crashes, graphics glitches, no nothing. MP has crashed on me but this patch seems to address just that. There was also one glitch once in MP on map "Beach" where all of a sudden the ocean disappeared leaving just the seabed. Cheaters are hardly a problem if you play on PB servers.
    Last edited by largon; 03-20-2008 at 12:57 AM.
    You were not supposed to see this.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    OMG !! there WAS a bug! hehe..

oh my lord what ive been struggling to fint out what crashed my game every 30 mins! hahaha i were not crazy
    Intel i7 920@ ???| Inno3D 8800GT OC Edition | 3x1 Corsair 1600 DHX | DFI UT-X58 | TT ToughPower 850W

Watercooling: D-Tek FuZion V2, DDC Ultra Plexi top, PA120.3, MCW60, Ek's Res.

Xtreme Member
    Can somebody post FPS after this HOTFIX ????
    i7 920, HD4870X2
    Corsair 6GB 1800MHZ
    GigaByte X58 Xtreme,

Xtreme Member
    This game has become a laughing stock of joke.
    Internet will save the World.

Foxconn MARS
    Q9650@3.8Ghz
    Gskill 4Gb-1066 DDR2
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 448/C Classified Ultra
    WD 1T Black
    Theramlright Extreme 120
    CORSAIR 650HX

BenQ FP241W Black 24" 6ms
    Win 7 Ultimate x64

Banned
    they should better patch their game so that i can uses multiple cores and graphic cards.....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by lior307 View Post
    Can somebody post FPS after this HOTFIX ????
    I doubt it does anything.

If there was even a meager performance increase, trust me they'd be touting it.

Crysis was very poorly optimized, and it was (at least partially) intentionally. They enjoy the reputation of being a "killer" game that requires insane hardware. They get a ton of PR for being lazy and not totally optimizing the game essentially .

XBOX Gamertag:Fujimitsu - I'm lonely, be my friend!

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    Anything that bears the EA Games label is buggy ass crap the company stands for nothing but sh***t and could care less about delivering anything quality orientated to its customers

HEY EA............BLOW ME , YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620
    12GB - Crucial ECC DDR3 1333
    Intel 520 180GB Cherryville
    Areca 1231ML ~ 2~ 250GB Seagate ES.2 ~ Raid 0 ~ 4~ Hitachi 5K3000 2TB ~ Raid 6 ~

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Esau View Post
    Anything that bears the EA Games label is buggy ass crap the company stands for nothing but sh***t and could care less about delivering anything quality orientated to its customers

You know this has nothing to do with EA, right? It's Crytek's fault.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Xtreme Addict
    yeah man, while I agree EA are a bunch of douche bags, Crytek failed to deliver on so many levels.
    GB 790XTA UD4
    GSkill Pi Black 2000 Cas9
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67661

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Esau View Post

brb gonna play crysis... WTF dropped form the lobby...

brb gona play CnC3... what the... can't even get into the lobby.

brb trying crysis again.. JNGDKSJHJKFGHDSK
    ok one last time CnC3... HGHJGH LIKDSJFGP:L
    ok CnC3 one last time... GHPOGIHOJIOGJKHGhfdxgGRS!!!!

Banned
    You know this has nothing to do with EA, right? It's Crytek's fault.
    Maybe EA said, you've had enough time, time to bring it to the market, we will earn millions on it, no need to optimize, optimising it wil only cost us money

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by GoThr3k View Post
    Maybe EA said, you've had enough time, time to bring it to the market, we will earn millions on it, no need to optimize, optimising it wil only cost us money
    Thats likely what was said, I dont care who said it. That would definately explain the problems.

People expected it to run like crap, why bother fixing that?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMaynard View Post
    yeah man, while I agree EA are a bunch of douche bags, Crytek failed to deliver on so many levels.
    I'd have to disagree with this statement and some of the others. Crysis's gameplay is not something great. However, in terms of graphics, Crysis IS revolutionary. There is nothing that looks even close to a realistic outdoor environment like Crysis looks like at High Settings. Sure, just graphics don't make a game great, but someone out there needs to push the limit of technology and show what is possible. Calling a game that has much better visuals "poorly optimized" when compared to the framerate of another game with much poorer visuals is downright silly.

It's a fun game and runs good on decent hardware. For example in DX9 on an 8800GTX or 8800GTS 512, it plays pretty well on high settings at moderate resolutions. I don't see what the big fuss is about.
    24/7 Gamer

Q6600 @ 3.6GHz
    ASUS P5K
    8800GT @ 720, 1800, 950
    2GB Mushkin Redlines @ 500MHz 4,4,4,9
    Samsung 245BW 24" LCD

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    I'd have to disagree with this statement and some of the others. Crysis's gameplay is not something great. However, in terms of graphics, Crysis IS revolutionary. There is nothing that looks even close to a realistic outdoor environment like Crysis looks like at High Settings. Sure, just graphics don't make a game great, but someone out there needs to push the limit of technology and show what is possible. Calling a game that has much better visuals "poorly optimized" when compared to the framerate of another game with much poorer visuals is downright silly.

It's a fun game and runs good on decent hardware. For example in DX9 on an 8800GTX or 8800GTS 512, it plays pretty well on high settings at moderate resolutions. I don't see what the big fuss is about.
    It's not a totally invalid comparison.

It runs like garbage. It runs at a fraction of the framerates of other games, while not providing THAT much better in the graphics department.

That and it was/is rife with bugs.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujimitsu View Post
    It's not a totally invalid comparison.

It runs like garbage. It runs at a fraction of the framerates of other games, while not providing THAT much better in the graphics department.

That and it was/is rife with bugs.
    Framerates vary one game to another one. So saying that Crysis runs at a fraction of speed of other games doesn't do the justice.

Have you ever played UT series? Well, let's take UT2004 for example. At 40 FPS the game turns into a lagfest while Crysis at 40 FPS runs very, very smooth.

Crysis was very poorly optimized, and it was (at least partially) intentionally.
    You might as well say that they don't want people to buy their product. A company not wanting to make profit???

Banned
    That game is garbage man. I see no fun in a game where after each kill you have to run and hide in the bushes and regenerate because if 4 of them soldiers gather you can kiss your ass goodbye because of the freaking lag.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast