Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Best gaming mouse and keyboard?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by cloned View Post
    I was simply saying what works for me. What works for me may not work for others but the OP wanted opinions and I gave mine. It is a lot Lighter than most wireless mice I have use and really comfortable.

And also to the guy saying mice with high DPI are useless, it is better to have the option for higher sensitivity than not at all for those with big screens or like being twitch killing nutjobs
    "twitching" will only get you fragged in competitive fps gaming.

see my previous post on high sens...
    Asus Rampage II Gene | Core i7 920 | 6*2GB Mushkin 998729 | BFG GTX280 OCX | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | Corsair VX550
    —Life is too short to be bound by the moral, ethical and legal constraints imposed on us by modern day society.

I am Xtreme
    I was simply saying what works for me. What works for me may not work for others but the OP wanted opinions and I gave mine. It is a lot Lighter than most wireless mice I have use and really comfortable.
    respect bro respect, i realise this, was just adding my 2c - hence the 'imho' at the end

i used to game with the MX1000 (good overall mouse) - i got used to the weight (all -w mice are gonna weigh a wee more due to battery) - but then I gave it to my Mum, got myself a G5 - what can I say, my lazy-arse wrist thanked me
    Last edited by tiro_uspsss; 03-11-2008 at 10:08 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    When I did play FPS games I still found it better with my high DPI mouse?

I dont actually like my diamondback because it isnt fast enough and
    I wouldnt mind a better one.

Ok so your playing an FPS. You need to move your mouse by 4 inch to target me. I move mine by 0.4 inch instead, already have you triggered, and the fire button pressed in half the time it takes you to move your mouse.

Player skill is based on reaction speed. A fast mouse improves your reaction speed.
    Im sure that if you have a 5000 ping you can play just as well as someone with 500 ping. No actually you cant. Seriously if you yourself dont have hands on experience of a faster mouse in competitive games then dont talk as though you know more then someone that has been playing them for years. A 450 DPI mouse is completely fine for anyone that hasnt used a faster one. Once you get a Faster one there is no going back. Higher mouse speeds are perfectly accurate. I really dont know why people bother commenting when its a case of 'I' dont need or use a fast mouse, therefore you dont need one either.

I play on a 19 inch monitor so why does anyone else need a 24 inch one? Dont buy 24 inch monitors because I use a 19 inch one therefore 24 inch ones are bad ^^

Correct me if im wrong, but I remember the name of this forum being Xtreme Systems. Spending hundreds and thousands of your £££ or $$$ on a high end gaming system and using a £10 mouse and keyboard just kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a great system. You can make do without macros yes. But once you move up to a higher DPI mouse, you will never want to go back to a 400 DPI.

SLC
    Quote Originally Posted by bhavv View Post
    Ok so your playing an FPS. You need to move your mouse by 4 inch to target me. I move mine by 0.4 inch instead, already have you triggered, and the fire button pressed in half the time it takes you to move your mouse.
    Except for the majority of the total reaction time comes from the person taking the X miliseconds to realize he has to do something. The time taken to move the mouse is usually less than that. And you with you 0.4 inch movement will not target properly at all. You miss by 0.05 inches and thats basically it for you, while the 4inch guy can miss by that amount and more and still shoot you in the face. You can see who is playing with hidh sense very easily in pubs. They are always randomly spraying at people

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by One_Hertz View Post
    Except for the majority of the total reaction time comes from the person taking the X miliseconds to realize he has to do something. The time taken to move the mouse is usually less than that. And you with you 0.4 inch movement will not target properly at all. You miss by 0.05 inches and thats basically it for you, while the 4inch guy can miss by that amount and more and still shoot you in the face. You can see who is playing with hidh sense very easily in pubs. They are always randomly spraying at people
    Quote Originally Posted by bhavv View Post
    When I did play FPS games I still found it better with my high DPI mouse?

I dont actually like my diamondback because it isnt fast enough and
    I wouldnt mind a better one.

Player skill is based on reaction speed. A fast mouse improves your reaction speed.
    Im sure that if you have a 5000 ping you can play just as well as someone with 500 ping. No actually you cant. Seriously if you yourself dont have hands on experience of a faster mouse in competitive games then dont talk as though you know more then someone that has been playing them for years. A 450 DPI mouse is completely fine for anyone that hasnt used a faster one. Once you get a Faster one there is no going back. Higher mouse speeds are perfectly accurate. I really dont know why people bother commenting when its a case of 'I' dont need or use a fast mouse, therefore you dont need one either.

I play on a 19 inch monitor so why does anyone else need a 24 inch one? Dont buy 24 inch monitors because I use a 19 inch one therefore 24 inch ones are bad ^^

Correct me if im wrong, but I remember the name of this forum being Xtreme Systems. Spending hundreds and thousands of your £££ or $$$ on a high end gaming system and using a £10 mouse and keyboard just kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a great system. You can make do without macros yes. But once you move up to a higher DPI mouse, you will never want to go back to a 400 DPI.
    seriously, both of u, give it up - its pathetic..
    bhavv, ur happy using ur mouse @ what ever settings tickle u pink
    OH is happy using his the way it is as well

EOD
    let it be, sheeesh

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You can have the greatest reaction speed in the world, but if you fling your crosshair 3 inches past the enemy, you are dead. I play high DPI, low sensitivity because it allows me to move my mouse an exact distance on the pad according to the screen. This larger distance allows for more error vs. high sensitivity where a little amount of error will move the cursor half way around the screen.

Xtreme Cruncher
    There was a couple post mentioning the mx1000. This is a wireless mouse. Does the wireless cause lag ? Please do not respond about it unless you used one. I use one and see no input lag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly n Grey View Post
    I'll just change my sig to "Fold for XS or I'll post nekkid pics of meself"

INTEL Q6600 L737B075 400@x9 1.385v--Abit IP35 pro--4 gb Gskill 4-4-4-12 -Ati 6870-Dell 2407fp @1920x1200

SLC
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Deel View Post
    There was a couple post mentioning the mx1000. This is a wireless mouse. Does the wireless cause lag ? Please do not respond about it unless you used one. I use one and see no input lag.
    I had the mx1000 and its horrid for fps games. I really liked it for anything else though, nice and big and comfortable.

Xtreme Member
    I have the MX revolution which is wireless and I honestly can't say I feel any lag at all.
    when some say "why mod?" i say "why not mod?"

Tagan Black Pearl case
    750w corsair PSU
    CM hyper 212 HSF
    EVGA 750i FTW
    4 GB of DDR2 RAM
    E6750 @ 3.2Ghz
    320 GB HDD
    EVGA GTX 260

I am Xtreme
    used to have it - never noticed lag

Xtreme Member
    Here it is: SOOOO good. it looks like a Left handed mouse but it is definitely not. Very very comfy mouse. http://www.steelseries.com/us/produc...er/information
    Kick it oldschool

The Vortex H20 V2.0

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
    EVGA SR-2 Classified
    2 x Xeon L5639 Hexcore CPUs, 3.2GHZ
    EVGA GTX 580
    24GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
    OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
    2 x 90GB Corsair Force SSD RAID0
    Sharp 32" Aquos 1080p
    Benq W500 1080i Pojector.

Watercooling:
    2 x EK Supreme HF, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, XSPC GTX 580 FC block, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push - CM R4s Pull.

Xtreme Mentor
    Sweet mouse! Macro buttons on a mouse can only be a good thing.

I hope Razor can put macro on their mice.

Does the Ikari one light up?

Xtreme Member
    no, it has a little LCD screen that is useless as it is on the bottom, and there is a little white LED to show if it is on Low or High DPI setting.
    Kick it oldschool

The Vortex H20 V2.0

EVGA SR-2 Classified
    EVGA GTX 580
    OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
    Sharp 32" Aquos 1080p

Watercooling:
    2 x EK Supreme HF, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, XSPC GTX 580 FC block, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push - CM R4s Pull.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Hertz View Post
    I had the mx1000 and its horrid for fps games. I really liked it for anything else though, nice and big and comfortable.
    I have the MX revolution which is wireless and I honestly can't say I feel any lag at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiro_uspsss View Post
    used to have it - never noticed lag
    On my CRT, no lag.

On my LCD's, there was some lag. It became too slow, prompting my upgrade to the Deathadder which is the greatest mouse ever made. It completely eliminated all mouse lag on every LCD I have tested.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
    On my CRT, no lag.

On my LCD's, there was some lag. It became too slow, prompting my upgrade to the Deathadder which is the greatest mouse ever made. It completely eliminated all mouse lag on every LCD I have tested.
    yeah I used CRT for the record, so no idea how it goes on a LCD...

being a non-LCD fan, can someone (Soulburner?) explain y that happens please? (CRT = no lag, LCD = lag); it stirs my curiousity

Xtreme Member
    Here are some pics of the Ikari guys. Very Very nice.

Kick it oldschool

The Vortex H20 V2.0

EVGA SR-2 Classified
    EVGA GTX 580
    OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
    Sharp 32" Aquos 1080p

Watercooling:

I am Xtreme
    some interesting curves there thanks!

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiro_uspsss View Post
    being a non-LCD fan, can someone (Soulburner?) explain y that happens please? (CRT = no lag, LCD = lag); it stirs my curiousity
    The monitor used will have absolutely no effect on the mouse.

However, input delay (delay between LCD receiving signal and translating into instructions to be delivered to pixels) and response time (delay between a pixel receiving an instruction to change colour and it actually doing so) of the LCD can cause the position of the crosshair displayed on the monitor to be some milliseconds behind where the crosshair is in the game engine - thus, if you move the crosshair from one position to another, it can appear that there is "lag" where the crosshair takes a few milliseconds to move. In actuality it has already moved, you're just seeing things a few milliseconds behind.

This problem was most evident on old LCDs that had very poor response times, but on most modern, high-quality brands the delay is negligible.

(note to the pedantic - I realise my above explanations of input delay and response time are not 100% technically correct, but it's a good way to think about things for the newcomer)
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    The monitor used will have absolutely no effect on the mouse.

However, input delay (delay between LCD receiving signal and translating into instructions to be delivered to pixels) and response time (delay between a pixel receiving an instruction to change colour and it actually doing so) of the LCD can cause the position of the crosshair displayed on the monitor to be some milliseconds behind where the crosshair is in the game engine - thus, if you move the crosshair from one position to another, it can appear that there is "lag" where the crosshair takes a few milliseconds to move. In actuality it has already moved, you're just seeing things a few milliseconds behind.

This problem was most evident on old LCDs that had very poor response times, but on most modern, high-quality brands the delay is negligible.

(note to the pedantic - I realise my above explanations of input delay and response time are not 100% technically correct, but it's a good way to think about things for the newcomer)
    yay! all i heard was: stick to CRTs lol, j/k cheers

Xtreme Enthusiast
    you should try an A4tech X-750BF laser mouse. 2500DPI on thy fly!

Rig Specs
    Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 4.0ghz 1.37v - DFI Lanparty UT P35 TR2 - 4x1GB Team Xtreem DDR2-1066 - Palit 8800GT Sonic 512MB GDDR3 256-bit
    160GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM SATA II 8MB Cache - 320GB Western Digital Caviar 7200RPM SATA II 16MB Cache - Liteon 18X DVD-Writer /w LS
    640GB Western Digital SE16 7200RPM SATA II 16MB Cache - Corsair HX 620W Modular PSU - Cooler Master Stacker 832
    Auzen 7.1 X-Plosion - Zalman ZM-DS4F - Sennheiser HD212 Pro - Edifier M2600

Custom Water Cooling
    Dtek Fusion Extreme CPU Block - Swiftech MCR-220 - Swiftech MCP655-B - Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Reservior - 7/16" ID x 5/8" OD Tubings
    Dual Thermaltake A2018s 120mm Blue LED Smart fans.

www.mni-photography.site88.net

Xtreme Member
    On my LCD I feel no lag from the mouse.
    when some say "why mod?" i say "why not mod?"

Tagan Black Pearl case
    750w corsair PSU
    CM hyper 212 HSF
    EVGA 750i FTW
    4 GB of DDR2 RAM
    E6750 @ 3.2Ghz
    320 GB HDD
    EVGA GTX 260