Thread: How to reove custom Bios-Profiles from BIOS?

How to reove custom Bios-Profiles from BIOS?

Hi all,

when I enter the Bios from Abit's IX38 QuadGT I can save my settings by pressing F6 to a profile (AwardBios). This is pretty comfortable when I need to clear CMOS, then I just press F7 and load a previously made Profile. 5 Profiles can be stored.

But how can I delete these Profiles? I would like to set the board completely back to factory defaults, without any profiles. I already cleared CMOS, removed the battery for 30 minutes, switched off PSU but this only affects standard settings in BIOS, the profiles I stored already exist.

Does anyone know how to remove these profiles?

Thanks in advance

pl4cid

Banned
    Why don't you save default profiles, over and over till you saturate. Or bios flash? You may be able to use some bios tools too.

That's another way to reload favourite settings, but in my case I need too know how to delete existing profiles completely

I already flashed different BIOS releases on this board but the profiles still exist.

What tools do you mean exactly? Some links?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pL4ciD View Post
    That's another way to reload favourite settings, but in my case I need too know how to delete existing profiles completely

I already flashed different BIOS releases on this board but the profiles still exist.

What tools do you mean exactly? Some links?
    Does Abit offer software that'll allow you to see profiles in windows? Maybe the Dos app may have switches to allow that kind of operation.

I use the App uGuru in Windows to change Bios settings but this tool can't access the profiles which I stored at boot up. With uGuru I can also save profiles but they are stored in an ini file or something.. No chance to read out the other profiles.

Edit: Does it make sense to remove the battery for a very long time, e.g. 48hrs?
    Last edited by pL4ciD; 01-06-2009 at 07:12 AM.