Thread: MB for Q6600, Big Typhoon VX, 8800, and DDR2, help please

Question MB for Q6600, Big Typhoon VX, 8800, and DDR2, help please

Okay, so it looks like I fried my board because I'm stupid. I'm trying to fix it: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...57#post3370057

If that doesn't work, I need a new board. Wants: the cheaper the better. I want to get my Q6600 back to the 3.2 stable I had with my old board.

Components to be reused:
    Q6600
    PCP&C750
    Raptor150, SATA SpinPoint, SATA DVDRW
    Big Typhoon VX (I know, it's huge and it needs lots of clearance)
    8800Ultra (I know, it's huge and it needs lots of clearance) PCIex16 (not 2.0)
    4x1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2
    Armor case

I don't need PS2, FireWire, or eSATA (though eSATA wouldn't be bad). Clearance is the big issue given the Typhoon and 8800. I had the P5K Premium, but the egg doesn't carry it anymore (I'm hesitant to grab an Open Box). Amazon's got it for $176, but any better ideas? Cheaper? Thanks.
    Last edited by lessonz; 10-20-2008 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Better Title

Anyone?

I am Xtreme
    I'm pretty happy camper with my P5Q Dlx mobo, but I have no clue how the ballistix work with that board... neither for ya cooling... the TRUE is a tight fit, but it's fits nevertheless
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Addict
    Go with the times my brother.
    Seems like I'm saying this to everyone nowadays, but Gigabyte EP45 UD3P is a great bet. It's a solid board that will provide your Q6600 with the stiff power it needs to get your best fsb, which is the big concern with 65nm chips, and better bandwidth. It's the top P45 board for $130 at the egg. Give it a look.
    Personally I'd stay away from ASUS P5Q series, too many people have too many problems. This gigabyte board is the new P45 champ.