Page 136 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3686126133134135136137138139146186236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 8711

Thread: The Maximus Formula Thread - Help/OCing/Guide/Rampage conversion

is the Rampage Bios more stable? and once you go rampage, is it possible to revert back to maximus formula?

thanks
    Last edited by atomica; 03-27-2008 at 02:20 AM.
    | Vista Ultimate Edition | Core 2 Extreme QX9770 quad processor | Asus Maximus Formula mobo | 2 x 1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer 8500 RAM| Dell 30in 3007WFP widescreen | MSI 8800 GTS 640MB | Raptor X 150GB, Barracuda 300GB, Maxtor 120GB | Enermax Libery 500W |

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by atomica View Post
    is the Rampage Bios more stable? and once you go rampage, is it possible to revert back to maximus formula?

thanks
    Yes, u can return back to MF i you want...
    [SIGPIC]http://techsweden.org[/SIGPIC]
    Gigabyte Z87X-OC, Haswell 4770K, 8GB Team Group 2666mhz, Asus HD7970

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by atomica View Post

thanks
    Did you bother to look at this? http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=179580
    The XS Folding@Home team needs your help! Join us and help fight diseases with your CPU and GPU!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by afireinside View Post
    What BIOS is best now? And how are they clocking with the wolfdales? Just ordered my self an e8400 and I never really spent any time with this board, been out of the computer loop.
    1004 and your 8400 will play very nice.
    for MF 1004 is the best to date imo for 45nm

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericab View Post
    just so everyone knows; it look like ASUS has password locked their FTP...

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/so...aximus_Formula

whats the deal ?
    Dammit, it is locked... Guess they don't need us anymore.
    CPU: Lapped L727A861 Q6600 3.61GHz (450x8) (1.275VID) @ 1.700V BIOS. WC w/Apogee GTX + Cu top + custom backing plate
    GPU: EVGA 8800GT. WC w/MCW60 + RAMsinks
    MB: ASUS Maximus Formula: Rampage Formula BIOS 0402. NB @1.61V BIOS. WC w/MCW30. FSBtV=1.38V BIOS. CPUPLLV=1.82V BIOS
    RAM: Corsair Dominator PC2 8500 4x1GB 1066@1081. 2.14V BIOS

NREMT-I
    Quote Originally Posted by [timko] View Post
    Here is my own observation of Performance level and Pull-In. When performance level is set to x and all pull in are enabled my bandwidth scores are the same as PL X - 1 with all Pull In disabled. Therefore PL7 Enabled performs like PL6 Disabled. (Or you could almost view it as Pull In Enabled = 0.5 lower PL, in the above example PL7 Enabled would be PL6.5).

In any case my sticks of RAM ran at a certain speed with PL7 on the MF1004 BIOS. In order to achieve the same speed stable on the Rampage I had to use PL8 Enabled. Even though I went up (relaxed) a Performance Level I still got the same scores in the Everest cache and mem benchmark.

As for your dividers issue, I suspect that you may need to relax a few settings for now to test things out. Try PL7, Pull in disabled, Twister to Moderate and run a lower FSB with a divider pushing the RAM higher. Also give your NB a touch more voltage. I can get all dividers working with no problems, assuming it doesn't push my RAM over a known limit to which I've previously tested stable to. Dividers were fine for me on the MF bioses as well.

OK, so if I understand what you just told me, If I disable the pull in options, I can gain some more stability? Thanks
    Nothing anymore

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newls1 View Post
    OK, so if I understand what you just told me, If I disable the pull in options, I can gain some more stability? Thanks
    Yes. Also, if relaxing the PL to 7, 8 or more with disabled doesn't allow you to use other straps and dividers then list out the important bios settings here (like XtremeTiramisu has done here) or take screenshots of it and upload them (like ericab has done here) and then we can take a look at what might be going wrong

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hi guys

Im about to get this board but have a question my memory is
    4gb 4x1 of corsair twinx2 6400C4 will I have any issues with this board?I had a Asus P5E one month ago that shipped with like the third bios and two of my sticks would give constant errors in memtest so I was about to rma the ram when I found a person with the same board same ram and same issue his solution was to flash to the initial bios which I did and never got the erorrs again.Since the boards are similar wanted to make sure I would have the same issues.

Banned
    Looks like Asus got pissed about all the Maximuses and P5Es transforming themselves into Rampages and back. I wonder how long it takes for latest Rampage bios? I popped in one of my L737Bs yesterday just to see how well the Rampage handles quads and I found MF 1004 bios still handled the quad better. So at this point, I'm gonna have to wait for another bios.

Hi everyone, Yesterday I flashed my Asus p5e with the rampage formula bios but now when I boot I receive the message that it has detected an overheat in OPT1, if I go into the hardware monitor option in the bios I see some red numbers at 125ºC. Is there any way to flash back to my regular bios?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick_top View Post
    Hi everyone, Yesterday I flashed my Asus p5e with the rampage formula bios but now when I boot I receive the message that it has detected an overheat in OPT1, if I go into the hardware monitor option in the bios I see some red numbers at 125ºC. Is there any way to flash back to my regular bios?
    You can disable in BIOS the sensors OPT 1/2/3 and any hardware that is not present in P5E.
    You can reprogram your P5E BIOS with same commands of AFUDOS, changing only the name of the BIOS image.

Quote Originally Posted by Brama View Post
    You can disable in BIOS the sensors OPT 1/2/3 and any hardware that is not present in P5E.
    You can reprogram your P5E BIOS with same commands of AFUDOS, changing only the name of the BIOS image.
    You mean my board doesn't have any real overheat? its only that those sensors are reporting numbers for hardware that doesn't exist? I don't understand that second part about afudos, Its the first time I use it... sorry,

edit - I think I now understand, you mean I can use afudos to flash back to my original bios just as I flashed to the rampage bios? but can you tell me if there is any real overheat or not?
    Last edited by Brick_top; 03-27-2008 at 07:26 AM.

Xtreme Member
    You mean my board doesn't have any real overheat? its only that those sensors are reporting numbers for hardware that doesn't exist? I don't understand that second part about afudos, Its the first time I use it... sorry,

edit - I think I now understand, you mean I can use afudos to flash back to my original bios just as I flashed to the rampage bios? but can you tell me if there is any real overheat or not?
    OPT 1/2/3 are Rampage otional temp sensors that don't exist at all in P5E.
    You don' have any overheat in your rig.

I confirm that the procedure to revert to original BIOS is the same as you did to program Rampage BIOS in your P5E.
    Only the name of the BIOS image has to be modified in the command string of AFUDOS.

Xtreme Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckin_Futs View Post

I'm just curious, cause I see only the score numbers but hear nothing about the real world Office or Adobe apps benifits.

I suggest to buy a MAC.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by malik22 View Post
    Hi guys

Im about to get this board but have a question my memory is
    4gb 4x1 of corsair twinx2 6400C4 will I have any issues with this board?I had a Asus P5E one month ago that shipped with like the third bios and two of my sticks would give constant errors in memtest so I was about to rma the ram when I found a person with the same board same ram and same issue his solution was to flash to the initial bios which I did and never got the erorrs again.Since the boards are similar wanted to make sure I would have the same issues.
    I suggest to get latest memtest86+ and check again.
    A lot of false errors were detected by a relative new version of memtest (without +).

iadstudio
    Quote Originally Posted by newls1 View Post
    Anyone have results with the 1004 bios while using 8GB of ram?
    I haven't pushed it much yet since I'm rebuilding my loop and a new case, but I'll put some numbers up as soon as I do.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Brama View Post

I suggest to buy a MAC.
    First Post & noob oc'er
    I have this memory and was having problems too. (post hang at "countmem",random errors in memtest 86+) My mobo came w\ bios 0602 and I worked my way up to 1004 and was about to try rampage bios when I saw Kup's post on 0505 being good for 8gb's mem, so I tried it last weekend and now everything works perfectly(passed 12hrs memtest86+)Thanks Kup

BTW new mem arrived today
    Help Save Lives Join World Community Grid!

Rampage Formula | E8600 | 2x2Gb Gskil F2-9600CL5D-4GBPI| Saphire 5870|2x intel x25-v 40gb, WD 640gb black| Silencer 750 | 655 > pa 120.3 > fuzion v.2 > ek nb5 > ek 250 | cm 690

the maximus formula also has three fan power ports that have the option to fit thermal sensors (still havent found any sensors that actually work), so it is perfectly safe to disable the opt1/opt2/opt3 sensors in the bios. It's becuase you dont even have the optional thermal sensor ports, so dont panic.

In regards to the RF0219 bios, i goofed. my previous post reported a lower overclock and certian settings wont work, so i flashed back to the MF0907 and found i still couldnt run 3.4Ghz stable.
    I also found i just couldnt reach the previous settings i had before, i.e. tREF, Dimm clock fine delay, tWTR which all apear to be auto set by the bios. It didnt matter what setting or speeds i ran at.
    edit: I've found tREF changes automatically with the ram divider so 1:1 isnt as stable for me but 5:8 is.
    I'm now back to the RF0219 becuase i have now realised where i went wrong.
    I remembered to reset the cmos after the flash, I reset the bios with F5 then restarted but where i think i went wrong is i booted into windows overclocked.

I am purely at stock settings (all on auto) and have o/c'd since the second reflash to RF0219 and now i am seeing the old settings. when i overclocked then went back to stock, i couldnt get the old settings.
    so now i will slowly increase my settings over the next couple of days.

thought i'd share my experience, i'm use to being able to flash and set then reboot. it appears there are many options that this board does automatically behind the scenes. so the first successful boot into the OS must be at stock clocks

but i can also confirm, you can go back to the maximus formula bios with ease
    Last edited by mazda_626; 03-27-2008 at 11:34 AM.
    maximus Rampage 0308, Q6600 GO (378x9 1.45v), 2x G.skill F2-8500CL5-1GBHK 2.3v and 2x F2-8500CL5-2GBPQ 2.1v (6Gb total), 8800GTX factory clocks & cooling, 2x 36Gb raptors in raid 0, vista ultimate x64, custom wooden case with swiftech water cooling and too many extra HDD's

hi there i have one question:
    i have asus maximus formula 1004 with G.Skill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ but when i try to set fsb higher of 266 cause error on goldmemory test with other memory not have this is problem...i have tried many setting fsb voltage 1.5 nb 1.6 trfc high 60 80...but after 40min the mem cause error... Any of you know how I can resolve? thanks very much

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trans am View Post
    Now find me a way to turn my P5e3 dLX into p5e3 premium
    That would be nice for all P5E3 Dlx owners ...but we have already one unsuccessful attempt , http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=777
    Workstation
    P5E3 Deluxe
    Q9650 @4.0GHz (L826A974)
    Intel X25-M 80Gb(Win7 x64)-Samsung MLC64 -WD500
    8Gb Crucial Value D9JNM
    GTX 260& Eizo L768
    CobaNitrox 600w
    WC (Laing DDC1T-Enzotech cpublock-B/Ice Stealth 360)
    TT Armor

iadstudio
    Quote Originally Posted by me3850 View Post
    hi there i have one question:
    i have asus maximus formula 1004 with G.Skill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ but when i try to set fsb higher of 266 cause error on goldmemory test with other memory not have this is problem...i have tried many setting fsb voltage 1.5 nb 1.6 trfc high 60 80...but after 40min the mem cause error... Any of you know how I can resolve? thanks very much
    You'll need to post your bios settings.

I am Xtreme
    Prolly one bad stick mate... also do you keep the sticks at 1000mhz or do you let the bios do it ?
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

q6600 vid 1.3125

Extreme Tweaker
    Ai Overclock Tuner : Manual
    OC From CPU Level Up : AUTO
    CPU Ratio Control : Manual
    - Ratio CMOS Setting : 8
    FSB Frequency : 438
    FSB Strap to North Bridge : 333
    PCI-E Frequency: 100
    DRAM Frequency: DDR2-1052
    DRAM Command Rate : 2T
    DRAM Timing Control: Manual
    CAS# Latency : 5
    RAS# to CAS# Delay : 5
    RAS# Precharge : 5
    RAS# ActivateTime : 15
    RAS# to RAS# Delay : auto
    Row Refresh Cycle Time : auto
    Write Recovery Time : auto
    Read to Precharge Time : auto

Read to Write Delay (S/D) : auto
    Write to Read Delay (S) : auto
    Write to Read Delay (D) : auto
    Read to Read Delay (S) : auto
    Read to Read Delay (D) : auto
    Write to Write Delay (S) : auto
    Write to Write Delay (D) : auto
    DRAM Static Read Control: auto
    Ai Clock Twister : auto
    Transaction Booster : auto

CPU Voltage : 1.43125
    CPU PLL Voltage : auto
    North Bridge Voltage : 1.45 or i have try 1.6 nothing
    DRAM Voltage : 2.02
    FSB Termination Voltage : auto (1.52)
    South Bridge Voltage : 1.5
    Loadline Calibration : enable
    CPU GTL Reference : 0.63
    North Bridge GTL Reference : 0.67
    DDR2 Channel A REF Voltage : auto
    DDR2 Channel B REF Voltage : auto
    DDR2 Controller REF Voltage : auto
    SB 1.5V Voltage : 1.5

NB LED Selection : NB Volt
    SB LED Selection : SB Volt
    CPU LED Selection : CPU VOlt
    Voltiminder LED : enable

CPU Spread Spectrum : Disabled
    PCIE Spread Spectrum : Disabled

Advanced CPU Configuration
    C1E Suppport : Disabled
    CPU TM Function : Disabled
    Vanderpool Technology : Disabled
    Execute Disable Bit : Disabled
    Max CPUID Value Limit : Disabled

have try pdf setting of gskill 333 fsb 266 strap and 2.0v error but i try 266 fsb defalut (q6600) and ram at 1030~ work good no error or try 250fsb and 1000mhz ram work good when try 333 strap 266 ram 1002mhz error ect 400 400 error 333 333 error.... i try many software prime occt memtest and other but no error for 24h but with this software goldmemory after 40m have error... In fact I have several crashes in games and other unusual things

sorry for my bad english :p
    Last edited by me3850; 03-27-2008 at 12:42 PM.

Are the release notes for the different BIOS's available?
    Didn't see anything on the ASUS Download page or on the FTP site.

I am Xtreme
    Extreme Tweaker
    Ai Overclock Tuner : Manual
    OC From CPU Level Up : AUTO
    FSB Frequency : 438
    FSB Strap to North Bridge : 333 -- SET 400
    PCI-E Frequency: 100
    DRAM Frequency: DDR2-1052 -- run closer to 1000mhz or underclock
    DRAM Command Rate : 2T
    DRAM Timing Control: Manual
    CAS# Latency : 5
    RAS# to CAS# Delay : 5
    RAS# Precharge : 5
    RAS# ActivateTime : 15
    RAS# to RAS# Delay : auto
    Row Refresh Cycle Time : auto -- 55
    Write Recovery Time : auto
    Read to Precharge Time : auto

Read to Write Delay (S/D) : auto
    Write to Read Delay (S) : auto
    Write to Read Delay (D) : auto
    Read to Read Delay (S) : auto
    Read to Read Delay (D) : auto
    Write to Write Delay (S) : auto
    Write to Write Delay (D) : auto
    DRAM Static Read Control: auto -- Disable
    Ai Clock Twister : auto
    Transaction Booster : auto -- Disable
    Relax level 0

CPU Voltage : 1.43125
    CPU PLL Voltage : auto -- SET 1.5 : this setting overvolts 2
    North Bridge Voltage : 1.45 or i have try 1.6 nothing
    DRAM Voltage : 2.02 -- Be carefull this is 2.12 in reality !!!
    FSB Termination Voltage : auto (1.52)
    South Bridge Voltage : 1.5
    Loadline Calibration : enable
    CPU GTL Reference : 0.63
    North Bridge GTL Reference : 0.67
    DDR2 Channel A REF Voltage : auto
    DDR2 Channel B REF Voltage : auto
    DDR2 Controller REF Voltage : auto
    SB 1.5V Voltage : 1.5
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Page 136 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3686126133134135136137138139146186236 ... LastLast