Thread: Need Some Suggestion

Need Some Suggestion

Hey guys, first post here, looking for some advice on my next build. I currently have a QX9650 running at 4.0 so its throwing off a bit of heat. I'm cooling it with a PA120.3 and have two HD3870s in crossfire being cooled by a PA120.2. The only problem with my current setup is that its LOUD. I need to leave my fans on pretty much full blast to keep load temps on my processor under 65C. My motherboard is an Asus Maximus Extreme.

I've decided to go for complete silence this time (I'll also be adding a third HD3870 to the mix). I think I went a little overboard on the amount of radiators I have, but that can never be a bad thing right?

I have a custom MM case coming that can all of my radiators and need some advice on how to set this up:

EK Supreme
    Three EK FC3870
    EK NB S-MAX
    EK SB MAX-EX
    Two EK Mosfet Asus 3a
    Three Thermochill PA120.3
    Thermochill PA120.2
    Two EK Multioption RES250 Rev2
    Two Swiftech MCP350 with Petra's Top
    Swiftech MCP650

I'm running all of my fans at either 5v or 7v so I figure I can get some pretty decent temps using all of my radiators, but I'm sort of confused on how to plumb everything.

Thanks for the help!

I am Xtreme
    setup looks good mate...

i wouldnt really change anything

i would go a tri-loop

120.3 cpu
    120.3 gfx
    120.3 everything else

i don't think you need that 120.2 mate
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    No, I think he had a date tonight...

He and his EK Supreme are out for a night on the town!

Xtreme Cruncher
    What disruptfarm said is a good idea. With three gpu waterblocks, the cpu waterblock, other waterblocks, and radiator your flow wouldn't be so great. Two loops would be good enough (120.3 for the graphics, 120.3 for cpu, northbridge, MOSFETS and other stuff). Running your fans as 7v would be the best plan.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphoric View Post
    Hey guys, first post here, looking for some advice on my next build. I currently have a QX9650 running at 4.0 so its throwing off a bit of heat. I'm cooling it with a PA120.3 and have two HD3870s in crossfire being cooled by a PA120.2. The only problem with my current setup is that its LOUD. I need to leave my fans on pretty much full blast to keep load temps on my processor under 65C. My motherboard is an Asus Maximus Extreme.
    I'm sorry but, something sounds very wrong here.

What block are you using currently?

What pump are you using?

What is ambient?

What fans are you using?

What is your VCore?

Do you have a pic of your setup you can post?

Some of these are very important bits of info that will also translate to your new setup and help you achieve what your looking to.

You could also have air trapped in you loop somewhere or a bad mount...too much TIM....the list goes on. I'd like to see this temp problem solved first if you don't mind.

netburst, was that really worth sig quoting?
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Not really, but I was bored at the time and thought it funny. I think I'll change it to something better.

Quote Originally Posted by disruptfam View Post
    setup looks good mate...

i wouldnt really change anything

i would go a tri-loop

120.3 cpu
    120.3 gfx
    120.3 everything else

i don't think you need that 120.2 mate
    That's pretty much what I figured.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    I'm sorry but, something sounds very wrong here.

What block are you using currently?

What pump are you using?

What is ambient?

What fans are you using?

What is your VCore?

Do you have a pic of your setup you can post?

Some of these are very important bits of info that will also translate to your new setup and help you achieve what your looking to.

You could also have air trapped in you loop somewhere or a bad mount...too much TIM....the list goes on. I'd like to see this temp problem solved first if you don't mind.

I'm currently using a Dtek Fuzion with Quad nozzle and washer with a MCP650.

Ambient usually hovers around 22ºC or so.

Using Scythe Ultra Kaze fans running at about half speed but they're still too noisy for me.

I have the QX9650 at 1.43vcore.

I don't have any pics of my setup because it has already been taken apart to get ready for my rebuild.

A note about the fans, I'm changing them all to Noctua NF-P12s, I've tested them at 7v and they make no noise at all while still moving a decent amount of air. I do know why my temps are kind of crappy for the Fuzion, I tried mounting it to my old E6600 using that Coolaboratory Liquid Pro which is just IMPOSSIBLE to clean off. The base of my waterblock is all etched up from that stuff which is why I decided to try out the Supreme. Its also possible that since I'm not using a backplate, my board is bending just a little bit making it tough to get good contact (have ordered the backplate for the Supreme this time).

The temp problem won't be an issue as I'll be re-mounting everything anyways.

Would something like this work?
    I really would like to use all of my radiators since I have them anyways, would linking the two reservoirs like this be possible in order to split the cooling between all three 120.3s? By the way, I'm using 7/16 ID tubing.