Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 looped Stacked-R

Very very good job and idea
    No volts, no nothing

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How is it going with your build??

Very nice idea and i'm sure it's going too be nice
    Q6600@3800Mhz 24/7 1.525v, 4662.35Mhz Max 1.85v, Watercooled Idle: 40 Load:70, GA-X38-DQ6, 2gb Corsair Dominator@1128mhz, 8800gts 320mb 650/2000/1550-- Super Pi 1mb 11,860s, 3dMark06 16084p (1024x768), 13665p (1280x1024) Max: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=333803

I had to change some parts of the case due to a bad dimension provided by Magicool. I calculated most of the parts I will use and already made a lot of templates before I even ordered the watercooling stuff I needed at this moment. MAgicool's site says the Quad long rad. measures 510 mm long. But mine is 517 mm long. And now some other brackets I made need a little modification and some need to be redone. I'm also busy working on a fan grill/fanholder to fit the whole front of the Stacker. I was reading though the Stacker Slacker thread and I saw that many people want to place more fans in the front without the need of buying the 4 in 3 module to hold the extra fans. So I hope my design will help those people too. If it al filts I will release the drawings here for everyone to reproduce.

A pic of the template, the final product will be posted when it's done. (almost done I must say)

So I'm kind a delayed (due to Magicool) but I still don't have enough interesting stuff to post yet. please be patience as I'm a very detailed person too

It looks very nice and i'm looking forward too see the final result
    Q6600@3800Mhz 24/7 1.525v, 4662.35Mhz Max 1.85v, Watercooled Idle: 40 Load:70, GA-X38-DQ6, 2gb Corsair Dominator@1128mhz, 8800gts 320mb 650/2000/1550-- Super Pi 1mb 11,860s, 3dMark06 16084p (1024x768), 13665p (1280x1024) Max: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=333803

Final result is a very interested

hey pc-dude, i'm loving your mod!
    i think it may be the best modded stacker i'll ever see..

btw, i'm trying to build a Stacker 810 using Google SketchUp, but i'm completly dumb in 3D modeling.. could upload your SketchUp Model file or send it to my e-mail?
    this would help me a lot!

my e-mail is: javandre@gmail.com

thanks dude, and keep going with the sweet job
    cheers from Brazil

UPDATE 1

After finally having a short break from cycling about a week ago I had time to do something again.

I wanted the 4x120mm radiator mounted first so I can finish the stacking of the cases on top of each other. So I wanted 4 round holes but the Stacker has a square 80x80mm hole on top which makes this imposible. So I used a known design they use on the Stackers STC-01. After al you will not be seeing the cutout anymore once the radiator is placed. The cutout.

The radiator fits well between the cases with just the top fans viewable from the top. The fans and the radiator mounted.

Bottom view (radiator only, I will use a push/pull setup on all rads)

So that is the maxi stacker. Due to the 4 fans on the radiator I had to make a 480x120mm opening on the bottom of mini stacker to fit him on top.

Another angle.

Stacked and wel fitted (my very first radiator mounted...what a feeling)

Because I can't jon metal together without leaving a mark I made 4 blue UV 3mm plexi strips to break off the space between the two cases. It will glow like a blue stipe on the side between the two side panels and the front alu stips of the Stacker. By doing that I can fill the gap between the cases and leaving some space for lightning and some cablemanagement.

I have a pair of UV CCFL lights so I just wanted to see the effect of it....

No Flash....

Looking good already. It still needs sanding and polishing so I can bold the whole thing together and finally having a one big pc case.
    3 looped Stacked-R Build in Progress

Stackers being stacked

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=179478

totally amazing. That must be one tall stacker!
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

UPDATE 2

As everything comes together bit by bit I started with the front of the cases. Instead of using led fans I want to reverse the look of it. Using black fans with no leds but having light around them. Also I nedded a bracket to mount 6 fans from top to bottom without having to buy more 4 in 3 devices. I already have posted a template with 4 fans hanging on a piece of carton. But a did one from UV blue plexi.

With a HDD cage mounted and my fan template I used for measuring.

This week I will make a replica from 1,5mm aluminium for reinforcement.

I also had time to make a backplate for two exhaust fans at the rear. (sorry for the quality, used my mobile phone)

That's it for now. Hope to get back soon with the cases bolded together and havin the front ready. I'm also expecting some parts upcoming week including my swiftech MCR320 radiator from Aquatuning.de

Till then!!
    Last edited by pc-dude; 05-18-2008 at 02:43 PM.

Stackers being stacked

never finished then its been about 3 months since last update, I was thinking of doing this with my 831 after seeing the ideas here!

http://custompc.co.uk/blogs/lippy/20...roject-violet/

nice project, you fixed the 2 packages with screws?

Xtreme Member
    I've got a stacker like your, but dam, didnt think someone would do something like this F**K dude, But i must say a bit overkill on the Radiators, that Quad radiator is more than enuf for all those components imo...

But dam send us those updates, im ampt'd

Subscribed
    Core2Duo E8400 SLAPL Q743A689 BX80570E8400 DICE @ 5.22ghz 8.875 SuperPI 1M
    DFI Lan Party UT P35 T2R - DEAD NOW - Overbaking isnt working
    Crucial Ballistix Tracers DDR2 1066 kit

Core i7 Sandy Bridge 2600K @ 4.3ghz
    MSI P67A-GD80 (B3)
    Kingstons 8gig kit DDR3 1600 T1's
    Xonar D2X Sound Card
    Inno3D 470GTX 1.5gig
    Antec Trio True Power 650watt
    Samsung T260 LCD
    Logitech z5500's Surround Sound
    Kingston 128gig SSDNOWV100 series
    Sammsung 1x 1TB drives, Seagate 500 SATA2
    Asetek Watercooling Custom
    Custom Wooden case

Xtreme Member
    But he is futureproof with the radiators. He can go double 4870 X2 and maybe even Skilltrail with no problem :P

Xtreme Enthusiast
    are you going to keep the reservoir in the bottom? Or maybe have weights on the bottom? It's going to be really top heavy but i'm sure you've thought of something. Your whole project is looking awesome man, give us an update when you can.
    As Los Alamos director J. Robert Oppenheimer watched the demonstration, he later said that a line from the Hindu scripture the Bhagavad Gita came to mind:
    "I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
    Test director Kenneth Bainbridge in turn said to Oppenheimer, "Now we are all sons of b**ches." wiki

I know guys. It's been a while. My cycling season went above expected good so I'm racing across Europe almost weekly. 3 more weeks and I'm done this season.

And YES....I wanted two 3870X2 but soon it will be two 4870X2 AND Nehalem. That's why I didn't buy any waterblocks yet.

@ fragmasterMax
    I do have some new ideas on how to place the components inside the case. I also have to keep in mind to keep the loops as short as possible. So I did try some setups already. Since the motherboard will be upside down and the triple rad is at the top I'm placing a second triple rad. in the front of the case and place the hard disk cages into the second case on top and use longer
    S-ATA cables. I will make new scetches to make it clear to you guys.

This project WILL be ready before the end of this year!!!

Stackers being stacked

Hey there pc-dude. I've been watching your thread for sometime now and am looking forward to you making more progress on this. Kepp up the great work

sleepin is overrated
    Any updates i was really enjoying this thread ?

I turned pro in oktober last year. I just moved to belgium in my new appartement. Bye bye student life (rent a tiny room). Now I have a garden too. Soon I can do a litle more with pc's. I Will also upgrade to a I7. But in a couple of weeks I should be ready to continue the build. I realy want to finish it too.

Stackers being stacked

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12