Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 looped Stacked-R

3 looped Stacked-R

Hi folks,

This is my first appearance on Xtreme Systems ever. And I will do it just right from the very first time. I'm starting my first casemod and I will take it inmediatelly to a (very) high level.

But first let me introduce myself.
    My name is Remy living in the Netherlands right now. I'm 26 years old and have a full time job in a pc shop here. My interests are computers, video editing, and music productions. And a little gaming now and then.

YES!!! I had a upgrade in december so it was obvious that my Zalman Resorator could not get the job done. Specs will follow below later on. I had the Resorator about 2 years when my Asus A8n-SLI died. Great chance to make the first jump to Intel I tought, so I did.

Specs after upgrade:
    Intel Q6600 G0 @ stock
    Asus Maximus Formula X38
    2x Sapphire 2900Pro Custom bios
    2GB OCZ Flex 1150MHz @ 1208MHz CL5
    4x Raptor 74GB
    2x WD 250GB
    Cooler Master Real Power 1kW
    1x DVD, 1xDVD-RW
    Creative Elite Pro

This system will be watercooled entirelly and will consist of 3 loops.

The loops:
    Loop 1: CPU (triple rad.)
    Loop 2: VGA's (quad rad., for quad GPU in future)
    Loop 3: VRM's, NB, SB, RAM, maybe raptors (dual rad.)

I know I didn't mention the case. This will be a 19 drive Cooler Master Stacker STC01 which I will be builing for the next few months.

I would like to thank Cooler Master Netherland for the second case they send to me. Thank you very much guys!!!

The idea is to make a nice looking case which should also be practical, strong and capable of going a few more two years without making major adjustments to it and the cooling for a few years.

The motherboard tray will be placed upside down. the color scheme wil be the aluminium collor combined with shiny black and UV blue plexi. Later on the case will get a nice treatment which you will see after its done!!!

Temporary watercooling specs:
    Swiftech MCR 220 and MCR 320
    Magicool 4x120mm Quad Long

EK Waterblocks Asus X38 mosfet, NB and SB blocks (or the new MIPS)
    EK Waterblock EK Supreme.
    EK waterblock R600 CF 2x

3x Laing DCCPlus
    3x Tops

Swiftech Reservoirs (later on costum ones)
    1/2" Tygoon Hi Flow
    Danger Den Fillport
    Different fittings
    25x Yate Loon 1650rpm Casefans!!!!
    Costum fancontrollers with display

As the build will continue I will keep buying the stuff I need. Keeping in mind that some hardware could change (VGA) or there will be better alternatives by then.

Some photo's of the first week of the build......(yes I like fruits)

The two brothers

Naked

Stacked!!

Let the measuring begin.
    I want a 5 mm clearance between the two cases....

But with the front looking like this...

Here you can see a 2.1cm clearance between the two cases which I don't like that much.

So the two of them combined gives me the next result

Total view

That's if for now. I'm waiting For my radiator to arrive this week so I can determine the true height of the case. Then I will Begin fabricating the rad holders.

I would like to hear your comments on this projects. Any ideas can still be considerd and advice about the watercooling will be more then helpfull as I'm in the primary stage of building.

Till then.
    Last edited by pc-dude; 03-05-2008 at 12:52 PM.

Xtreme Member
    OMG, Stacker TWINS.

Reminds me of the i-spider.

Exactly!!! It is just impossible to get everything I want in a single case. So I have to place the radiators and the some other thing in the top to have enough room for my RAID controller card with a bunch of 1TB HDD's. Videoediting). But there will be differences. The fact that this will be build from two Stackers is the only thing they will have in common. I have a different thing in mind.

Xtreme Cruncher
    WOW that thing is HUGE. And I always thought that a single Stacker T01 was big I can't wait to see how this project turns out Where did you get the custom BIOS for the 2900 Pro cards? What is different between it and the stock BIOS?

YUP...It's huge. approx. 90 cm w/o wheels. I will need that hight as I will be placing fans on both sides of the radiators (all of them). fan - rad - fan = 2,5cm - rad - 2,5 cm will be approx. 7 to 9 cm thick. I made a quick scetch to give an impression where The radiators will be positioned. (sorry for the Dutch as I usually think in Dutch). But it is the quad rad. om the bottom, the triple on top and the dual vertical at the front.

some other screenshots (note that the motherboard tray will be upside down...I'm sleepy right now)

The overdrive can go much higher in ATI Control Center. But it is limited @ 1,68V core if I'm right. Adjusting the bios' default voltages will result in about 200 MHz more for both GPU and memory. You'll need a bios editor and understanding the hex code.
    Last edited by pc-dude; 03-05-2008 at 04:11 PM.

nice idea i have 2 810 stacker aswell and want to mod them together (mentioned on the stacker slacker before this thread was started) dont fancy
    cutting one of the stackers down though want the height of both, looks nice good luck with the project

Xtreme Cruncher
    90cm with no wheels Is the entire front going to be filled with fans, as shown in the picture? Just so you know, with Google Sketchup, you can export your model as a picture (.gif or something).

I am Xtreme
    Subscribed
    Core i3-550 Clarkdale @ 4.2GHz, 1.36v (Corsair A50 HS/F) LinX Stable
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    G.Skill 4GBRL DDR3-1600 @ 1755, CL9, 1.55v
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB
    Samsung F4 320GB - WD Green 1TB
    Xigmatek Utgard Case - Corsair VX550

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Tripple on the top huh? Why not put a tripple on the bottom as well? And the PSU in the mid err up top of the first stacker?
    Enermax Liberty 620 Modular
    Liquid Stacker
    8GB G.Skill PC2 8800 5-5-5-15 @ 400MHZ (PC6400 Speed)
    DFI LP LT X48-T2R
    Liquid Cooling:
    Thermochill PA 120.3 W/ Panaflo L1BXs/L1As
    D5 andFuzion V2, DD MCP Universal
    8800GTS G92
    Intel Q9450 @3200MHZ @ 1.18v (Wont OC any higher despite voltage increases)

Xtreme Cruncher
    Subscribed as well.

i was gonna do somewhat the same setup.. just wasn't going to use stacker's..

subscribed..

why didn't you go all the way and leave them there full hight?
    Last edited by [cTx] InfectedSin; 03-06-2008 at 10:49 AM.

Thanks for the rep'lies folks. I like the Stacker A LOT!!! Good built and very strong. Simple, big and like endles possibilities. I must also say that I would like to do a Lian Li PC-P80 in the future. I have a lot of idea's now and I always have a pencil and paper with me or my PDA. For this project I'm still thinking about the detailes and I just don't know which idea I will use. But one thing is for sure....just can't use them all at once.

GLS logistics said that I could expect my package friday!!! So update will be coming next week.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by [cTx] InfectedSin View Post
    i was gonna do somewhat the same setup.. just wasn't going to use stacker's..

subscribed..

why didn't you go all the way and leave them there full hight?
    Cause as is the base footprint for the Stacker (imo) isn't that sturdy, @ the very least would need be 3" or more wider if one wheels anyway, considering the combined weight of cases and components.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Like I said in my topic start the case should be practical. And I only need the extra height of the Swiftech MCR 220 on top of the base (29,5cm). I don't want a radiator on the botton sucking air and dust into my system. The PSU area will be separated from the rest, just like a Antec P180 series. The drive bays will be covered with aluminium plates. So you can only see the components I want you to see and the rest will be covered up. But that will be stage two. Importand is that i get the dual and the quad radiator so I can finish the raw structure of the case. I want to have the final contsruction o I can begin with the positioning of the components and place my next order.

I must say tha I'm using materials from local stores near me. No AC RYAN stuff for example. I get my plexi from a shop specialized in plastics and my aluminium and steel from a local metal shop. You may ask why?

AcRyan
    Example 1: AC Ryan plexi is 480x480 mm. Way to small!!!
    Example 2: The alu from Ac Ryan is only 500x500 mm.

Local shops.
    Metal plates is sold up to 1x2 meters and plexi 1x1 meter. Both can saw them at the desired length. Later on you will see what I mean. Keep in mind that the case will be approx. 90 cm high.
    Last edited by pc-dude; 03-06-2008 at 11:33 AM.

i would love to see the side panels made with one slab of alum. Sounds like thats what your gonna try and do
    Local shops.
    Metal plates is sold up to 1x2 meters and plexi 1x1 meter. Both can saw them at the desired length. Later on you will see what I mean.
    Altho you might run into a little problem with comming up with good seals (if you want to do that) to keep the dust as you said.. out of the case.

Already thought of that. I have 5 Stackers waiting here and three extra side panels. I want to make the side windows out of one slab of alum. and a BIG window. I got some plexi and aluminium and steel plates. I will post soms pics together with the radiators set up to give an early impression. Then I'll start the build.

Quote Originally Posted by pc-dude View Post
    Already thought of that. I have 5 Stackers waiting here and three extra side panels. I want to make the side windows out of one slab of alum. and a BIG window. I got some plexi and aluminium and steel plates. I will post soms pics together with the radiators set up to give an early impression. Then I'll start the build.

i wish ican hav that much case

Xtreme Enthusiast
    what program is that pc-dude?

Q9450 @3.60 Ghz, Striker II Formula, Evga 9800GTX (863/2050/1200), 2X2gb 1100 5,5,5,18 D9's at 2.20V
    Cooled by: MCR320, D-Tek Fuzion V2, MCP335 w/ EK G3/8 TOPS, Full BP high flow 1/2" fittings
    Oh and Vista Ultimate (i know, I KNOW!)

Today some stuff came in.

3mm UV Blue plexi

1,5mm PURE steel (already sawed at the same size as the plexi)

Magicool 4x120mm Quad long

Swiftech MCR220

I chose the push-pull setup.

I placed them temporarely in place so I cam mearure some things just to be shure that my calculations were right. AND THEY DID!!! This week(end) I can begin drawing my layouts on carton and cut them out to see if they fit first. Then I'll cut just once. Measure ten times, cut once

Now I can determine the height of the case, because now I got the Swiftech MCR220.
    So I will be able to complete the top case to start working on the top of the lower case and the adjustment of the Swiftech MCR220.

The front.

The front will me loaded with casefans. For the looks and to cool 8 HDD in raid and 4 74GB raptors. 4 in 3 modules plus the empty space and the two fans for the MCR220 which will total 6 fans in the front. This will be a one piece panel with all 6 fans attached to it. Between fan 4 and 5 (beginning at the bottom) I will make some kind of logo which will be visible through the mesh panel. This will be also the place where the two cases will be joined. I will sandwich the plexi between two 1,5mm steel plates. I will reverse that technique to create a new effect.

The Magicool 4x120mm Quad Long mounting.
    Here I will apply the same reversed style I will use on the front. I already saw the problem when wanting to make rounded holes on the top of the Stacker. That's why the reversed style will work JUST FINE!!! And I will still get my rounded holes for the radiator .

Some more pics of what it should look like....

Let the modding finally begin.....

Till the next (real) update.......
    Last edited by pc-dude; 03-12-2008 at 12:07 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Dude this is an awesome idea!! I can't wait to see it all put together!
    You should also post this in the liquid cooling section! The guys will love this!!!

Keep working man! Your doing great.
    ~Parker
    Main: oo7
    i7 920 D0 (4Ghz) || Asrock X58 Extreme
    Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600 || HIS HD 6850 1GB
    Corsair HX850 PSU || 2x Seagate 500GB 7200.12
    3x Dell E2311H 23" LED LCD (Eyefinity)

[Flickr] - Canon 30D || 50mm f/1.8 PRIME || 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

i dont really like cases higher than its longer it just looks weird. But i would like to see how this turns out
    E6600 @3.4 1.408v U120Ex Lapped | GA-P35-DS3P | Ballistix Tracers 8500 2gb @1063mhz 4-4-4-12 | Asus 8800GT 512mb + HR-03GT 702/1728/950 | Antec P182SE | X-Fi Fatal1ty + AT AD900 + Z-2300 | TT 750w modular

Quote Originally Posted by 71 (Bryan) View Post
    what program is that pc-dude?
    Google Scetchup. You can import a lot of pc parts already drawn by other people. I imported the Stacker end just copy/pasted the whole thin on top of the other. Then it's just a matter of erasing the right lines.

Xtreme Member
    Sketchup is great, I used it to model my rig. It really helped me get the layout dialed in even before i ordered anything.

Very nice build Remy, I'll be keeping an eye on this one!
    Stealth Water

Quote Originally Posted by TheGanG View Post
    Yeah, x15 makes me happy...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    xtreme Stacker
    Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
    •i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz - 1.32v - CM Hyper 212 Evo
    •G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GB
    •ASUS 7850 @ 1250//5800
    •Corsair TX650 V2
    •Dell 3007WFP
    •Win 7 64 Ult