Thread: (Possible) GT200 architecture

Xtreme Mentor

Exclamation (Possible) GT200 architecture

fellow of mine on the other forum where I'm active has came up with possible GT200 architecture diagram, after summing up all information around the Net:

http://www.benchmark.co.yu/forum/sho...23&postcount=8

It does make sense!

(excellent work DAS)
    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    G80 with an upgrade on the numbers?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    There's already a whole thread about it.
    Why posting another ?

p.s. the diagram ain't right

Xtreme Guru
    Yet another thread that reminds me this forum needs a "Rumor Mill" section. Seriously we need such section to separate actual news from rumors (incl. FUD/INQ etc), logical predictions, assumptions etc were would could talk bunch of BS.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Impressive, but I'm with BenchZowner on this (even though I did write the article he based the diagram on...)

//Andreas

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post

p.s. the diagram ain't right
    DAS has updated diagram
    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedjo View Post
    DAS has updated diagram
    Still, nope.
    You may as well like to check the other thread regarding GT200

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by NH|Delph1 View Post
    Impressive, but I'm with BenchZowner on this (even though I did write the article he based the diagram on...)

//Andreas
    Hey Andreas,
    So you have been told the same things?
    Looks like me, you and Vapor have been told the same thing ( more than likely from different sources ).
    That sounds good

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice more ex-yugoslavians at XS. thanks for letting me know about benchmark.co.yu, vidimo se tamo .
    Core i5 750 3.8ghz, TRUE 120 w/Panaflo M1A 7v
    ASRock P55 Deluxe
    XFX 5870
    2x2GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3-1600
    Samsung 2233RZ - Pioneer PDP-5020FD - Hyundai L90D+
    Raptor WD1500ADFD - WD Caviar Green 1.5TB
    X-FI XtremeMusic w/ LN4962
    Seasonic S12-500
    Antec P182

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hey Andreas,
    Looks like me, you and Vapor have been told the same thing ( more than likely from different sources ).
    That sounds good
    The 1.3B was a reference to you actually, but otherwise I've heard pretty much the same thing.

//Andreas

Admin
    Hey Andreas,
    That sounds good
    I'll have been told the same thing as you if you tell me

I think you're talking about DilTech

I know nada.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Not sure if this is really relevant, but read the title and then the last paragraph. Something went horribly wrong there

http://my.ocworkbench.com/bbs/showth...7&goto=newpost

//Andreas

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Ha ha, nice find Andreas
    A little controversy

@Vapor: Well, it's clear to see now, that I've started confusing names.
    What's next...thank God I'm talking notes of my findings for reviews, articles, etc

Nvidia Corp., the world’s largest provider of discrete graphics processors, said at a press conference that it plans to launch its next-generation graphics processor this Summer. The new product code-named GT200 is projected to dethrone the current flagship GeForce 9800 GX2, but it is not clear whether it will also bring new features.

The new graphics processing unit (GPU) for high-end market from Nvidia is projected to consist of about one billion of transistors and feature “around” 200 unified shader processors (more likely to be 192 or 240), reports Golem.de web-site citing Jeff Brown, general manager of the professional solutions group at Nvidia. It is unclear whether Nvidia GT200 sports DirectX 10.1 feature-set or are compatible with DirectX 10 only.

Nvidia’s latest high-end GPUs, which are code-named G92 and G80, consist of 754 and 681 million of transistors, respectively. The previous-generation high-end DirectX 9 graphics chips – G70 and G71 – featured 304 and 278 million of transistors, which means that the current generation high-end chips are more than two times larger compared to predecessors in terms of transistor count. Considering these facts, one billion of transistors inside GT200 is not a surprise.

The new-generation Nvidia GT200 is projected to be released in Summer and Nvidia will start to brief the media about the product starting from May, the web-site reports without providing any additional details.

It is also not known whether Nvidia plans to continue using the GeForce brand-name for GT200, or intends to introduce a new trademark.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by javadshahvand View Post
    Nvidia Corp., the world’s largest provider of discrete graphics processors, said at a press conference that it plans to launch its next-generation graphics processor this Summer. The new product code-named GT200 is projected to dethrone the current flagship GeForce 9800 GX2, but it is not clear whether it will also bring new features.

The new graphics processing unit (GPU) for high-end market from Nvidia is projected to consist of about one billion of transistors and feature “around” 200 unified shader processors (more likely to be 192 or 240), reports Golem.de web-site citing Jeff Brown, general manager of the professional solutions group at Nvidia. It is unclear whether Nvidia GT200 sports DirectX 10.1 feature-set or are compatible with DirectX 10 only.

Nvidia’s latest high-end GPUs, which are code-named G92 and G80, consist of 754 and 681 million of transistors, respectively. The previous-generation high-end DirectX 9 graphics chips – G70 and G71 – featured 304 and 278 million of transistors, which means that the current generation high-end chips are more than two times larger compared to predecessors in terms of transistor count. Considering these facts, one billion of transistors inside GT200 is not a surprise.

The new-generation Nvidia GT200 is projected to be released in Summer and Nvidia will start to brief the media about the product starting from May, the web-site reports without providing any additional details.

It is also not known whether Nvidia plans to continue using the GeForce brand-name for GT200, or intends to introduce a new trademark.
    Welcome

Where did you find that?

Here's Kris on GT200. I don't think he's entirely in the loop:
    http://www.dailytech.com/NVIDIA+AMD+...ticle11451.htm

//Andreas

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by NH|Delph1 View Post
    Welcome

Where did you find that?
    That's where he got it from http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/d...Processor.html