Page 53 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 4486

Thread: Real Temp - New temp program for Intel Core processors

Xtreme Member
    @ loonym
    @ Uncle

heres short description of a situation of different VID value within the SAME SYSTEM , Same components, even same run (b00t)
    only software side interaction (Asus Ai Suite, Ai Gear3 with EPU driver) is causing this delta - 0.1000v (vid-value) Maximus Extreme /QX9650 /
    just check both screens
    (sorry these NOTES, screens are 1.5 months old (or somthing ..), So RealTemp was not used to monitor VID, ( sorry )

--
    clean XP setup / AiGear 3 installed / fresh drivers from asus site

more explanation .. coming .. just need to review other saved bench-screens and recall my actions from this period
    --------------
    Now, i have already un installed all this' Asus Ai ''CRAP' '' from that machine,
    so currently can't REPLAY this situation,
    anyway those ''Green Things'' made more troubles than use of it,
    so returned back to my manual 24/7 settings @3600 with C1E/ speedstep enabled,

i didn't mean to prove or complain anything, what so ever,
    just tried to describe the situation, i saw then..
    -----------
    Last edited by i43; 06-03-2008 at 11:08 AM.
    Maximus Extreme / Air // E8400 // Noctua NH-C12P
    Asus 8800 ULTRA /Stock Air/
    G.SKILL F3-10600CL8D-2GBHK
    Tagan TG700-BZ // Antec P182 B

Rampage Extreme / Air // QX9650 // True120 Black
    A-Data DDR3-1600G 3x2gb kit (using 2 modules 2x2b)
    ((CellShock (MSC CS3222580) ) dead
    Sapphire HD 4870x2 (single) stock Air
    Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 1KW // HAF'932

Xtreme Addict
    loonym: I just remembered something. When VID got moved off of the main page of RealTemp, I also changed it so its value is no longer being updated in real time. My thinking was that I didn't want users inputting new settings and having things get screwed up by constant updates to the Settings page so the VID reported doesn't change. It's now read every time you open the settings page and if you were in C1E mode, the act of opening the page might or might not switch it to the higher value. The design of the motherboard could also effect what shows up.

It's possible that your chip has two VID settings built into it like the mobile chips. My E8400 only seems to have one VID but that might be because of the older Asus P5B I have it on.

You could try running v2.5 which is still available from the TechPowerUp site to see if that's the problem. I had planned to move VID back to the main page so it's updated along with temps on a regular basis. Thanks for reminding me of this bug / limitation and giving me some motivation to get VID back on the main page.
    Last edited by unclewebb; 06-03-2008 at 11:31 AM.

Xtremely unstable
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give it go. Not really a huge deal anyway, just one of those things that makes you go hmmmm....
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    TR ultra-x, 2 scythe ultrakaze push/pull
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -------------------------------

would you crunch if you thought it would save her life?

maybe it will!

Xtremely unstable
    I really don't think it is anything to do with realtemp or any other app. After trying the same cpu in a couple different boards I'm quite sure it's the gigabyte bios. Maybe I'll flash a different version and have a look at that.
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maybe it will!

Xtreme Addict
    Where are you Grandpa?

I need a beta tester that has problems with RealTemp reporting the wrong MHz when the CPU MHz option is enabled in the bios. That option is supposed to make RealTemp compatible with SetFSB but it has a problem on some motherboards where the MHz that RealTemp reports is too high.

I put some new code to calculate CPU Frequency into a separate utility for testing purposes. My board always reports the MHz the same as CPU-Z so I have a hard time seeing if I've made any progress.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/...07/MHzCalc.zip

MHzCalc should show your maximum MHz based on your present FSB times your maximum multiplier. When using the highest multi, if this app reports the CPU MHz higher than CPU-Z then do me a favor and post a screen shot of both programs so I can have a look. Thanks.

Xtreme Member

Whats is real temp ? e2140 @ wc
    ~~~~~~~~water ed ~~~~~~~~~~
    Sry 4 my english
    http://galeriawc.pl

Xtremely unstable
    As long as I check the CPU MHz option box in realtemp it keeps up fine on the few setups I've tried it on. Neat little applet, that MHzCalc though unc.

edit: MHzCalc shows the large swing the board makes when using setfsb in real time. I like it.
    Last edited by loonym; 06-04-2008 at 04:37 AM.
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maybe it will!

Xtreme Addict
    Arni: TjMax=100C is a myth for the L2 processors and all desktop processors that I know of. Intel TAT assumes TjMax=100C because it is a mobile / laptop testing tool. It was never designed for desktop processors but most programmers accept anything that TAT says as true because it has that nice little Intel logo on it.

Read the RealTemp docs and try doing the calibration test and post your results.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/docs.php

loonym: I would need to add support for the multipliers to make it a useful stand alone app. I'm just hoping that it calculates the MHz properly on all boards when using SetFSB. You have to write a lot of ugly code and formulas to try and get some accurate timing out of a Windows based computer when using SetFSB. Other than CPU-Z, there isn't any choice that I know of for accurate MHz when overclocking from within Windows. If I get some positive feedback from Grandpa or another user that has a board with this problem then I will add this new MHz code to RealTemp.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unclewebb View Post
    Arni: TjMax=100C is a myth for the L2 processors and all desktop processors that I know of. Intel TAT assumes TjMax=100C because it is a mobile / laptop testing tool. It was never designed for desktop processors but most programmers accept anything that TAT says as true because it has that nice little Intel logo on it.

Read the RealTemp docs and try doing the calibration test and post your results.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/docs.php

So what temp i should set in tjMax ?Sensors movement 10 and 9 "Test Sensor" ...

Last edited by Arni; 06-04-2008 at 12:28 PM.
    Sry 4 my english

Xtreme Addict
    If you are using RealTemp you shouldn't touch the default TjMax setting for your L2 processor.
    85C is correct, 100C is wrong.

Xtreme Member
    ok thx . No calibrate also ?
    Sry 4 my english

Xtreme Addict
    Many L2 processors need a 1.0 or 2.0 calibration adjustment but the sensors on every processor are different. It's best to read the documentation about Calibration. Just ask if you are not sure about anything.

Xtreme Mentor
    Uncie...throw up a new beta, go on...you know you want to!
    Gigabyte EP45-DQ6 - rev 1.0, F13a bios | Intel Q9450 Yorkfield 413x8=3.3GHz | OCZ ProXStream 1000W PSU | Azuen X-Fi Prelude 64MB X-RAM| WD VelociRaptor 74HLFS-01G6U0 16MB cache 74GB - 2 drive RAID 0 64k stripe | ASUS 9800GT Ultimate 512MB RAM (128 SP!!) | G.SKILL PC2-8800 4GB kit @ 1100MHz | OCZ ATV Turbo 4GB USB flash | Scythe Ninja Copper + Scythe 120mm fan | BenQ M2400HD 24" 16:9 LCD | Plextor 716SA 0308; firmware 1.11 | Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000 | Netgear RangeMax DG834PN 108mbps; firmware 1.03.39 + HAWKING HWUG1 108mbps USB dongle | Digital Doc 5+ | 7 CoolerMaster 80mm blue LED fans | Aopen H700A tower case | Vista Home Premium - 32bit, SP1

I Have it set to 460Mhz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temp1.jpg 
Views:	686 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	79756  

Xtreme Member
    ok i set for cores 3.0 and temp now in idle 33* / 32* looks real [in room 20-23*] Nice soft rly! One sugestion in next version plz give option for minimalize to watch and "start with widows"
    Cya and again thx
    Sry 4 my english

Xtreme Addict
    Grandpa: Looks like I'm making things worse! I might have to concede 100% compatible with SetFSB to CPU-Z but I really hate to give up.

Arni: Here's the easy way in XP to make RealTemp start with Windows.

Click on the Start button, go to All Programs and drag RealTemp into the Startup folder.
    I don't like any program that tries to add stuff into my Startup area so I like doing it manually. RealTemp already has a Start Minimized feature in the Settings window.

One user with Vista x64 SP1 says version 2.60 doesn't minimize to the System Tray anymore like version 2.5 did. I think he just had the Task Bar option selected. If there are any bugs like this then let me know.

Richard: You know me too well! I'd love to release a beta, like yesterday. I'm debating whether to scrap SetFSB compatibility. Most users run CPU-Z anyhow when posting screen shots so this would simplify things and help keep RealTemp nice and lean so it doesn't stress Vista too much!

Xtreme Member
    Is there anyway to make real temp, show highest cpu temp (on quad core) when minimized on tray?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Grandpa: Looks like I'm making things worse! I might have to concede 100% compatible with SetFSB to CPU-Z but I really hate to give up.

I'd like to know what motherboard Grandpa is using!

RealTemp already has a Start Minimized feature in the Settings window.

One user with Vista x64 SP1 says version 2.60 doesn't minimize to the System Tray anymore like version 2.5 did. I think he just had the Task Bar option selected. If there are any bugs like this then let me know.
    Version 2.60 does start minimized with the proper options set in both Vista x32 and x64.
    | Intel Core i7-2600K | ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 | G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTS 450 |
    | Swiftech APOGEE Drive II CPU Waterblock with Integrated Pump | XSPC RX360 | Swiftech MCP655-B Pump | XSPC Dual 5.25in. Bay Reservoir |
    | Thermaltake 850W PSU | NZXT SWITCH 810 | Windows 7 64-bit |

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    @unclewebb i know that Autostarts option but could be nice that options in same progam [one marking and no more "drag and drop"]
    About tray yea i don't had marked showing * in tray, so "Tray bar" was autodisabled ...now is great
    Sry 4 my english

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Massive View Post
    Is there anyway to make real temp, show highest cpu temp (on quad core) when minimized on tray?
    If you have all 4 cores being shown in the System Tray then you can go into the System Tray menu and select Maximum and it will show you the highest temps for each core.

Would you like to see the highest temp of all 4 cores in one system tray icon instead? I would need to add another option for that.

Version 2.60 does start minimized with the proper options set in both Vista x32 and x64.
    I kind of thought so. Thanks for the feedback. There haven't been too many complaints with the latest release but I try to track down and fix anything that is brought to my attention, either here or by direct e-mails. The timer on Grandpa's motherboard and many other boards is different than the one on my motherboard. It's simple to get accurate MHz out of my motherboard no matter what code I write but on other motherboards you have to write additional code to correct for errors in timing. CPU-Z is about the only program I know that gets this right on all motherboards. RealTemp still needs work.

I sent you a PM Grandpa so you can try and provide me with some additional info. Thanks.
    Last edited by unclewebb; 06-05-2008 at 09:56 AM.

Xtreme Member
    If you have all 4 cores being shown in the System Tray then you can go into the System Tray menu and select Maximum and it will show you the highest temps for each core.

Would you like to see the highest temp of all 4 cores in one system tray icon instead? I would need to add another option for that.
    Yes, it would be nice to see the highest temp of all 4 cores on the system tray, so we can have a secure measurement of the proc temp.
    Or Is there anyhow I can make it show with the 2.6 version ? because so far I only see option to show a specific core number temp.

Xtreme Addict
    In 2.60 you can show the highest temp of each individual core in the System Tray but there is no way to show the temp of only the one highest core. I'll try to add a new feature for that.

Anyone that has problems with the CPU MHz option NOT showing the correct MHz can try running this testing app and post their results alongside what CPU-Z is saying.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/...z%20Tester.zip

I need some more data to try and get things sorted out.

My board is too consistent so it makes troubleshooting impossible.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I ran the RT MHZ tester, does it support multipliers that are not the default multi? I have a Q6600, with 8x multi and C1E/SS enabled. It got the FSB of 450 correct, but it used a 9x instead of the 8x that I use. This is on a DFI P35-T2R. I can post a SS later, I'm using RDC to connect to my PC to test it.

D-Tek Fuzion quad nozzle & MCW30
    8800GTS 512 @820/999/1998 with a MCW60
    2xMCP655b
    1xMCR320 and 1xMCR120 with 4x Yate Loon SH's
    2x Raptor X

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Anyone that has problems with the CPU MHz option NOT showing the correct MHz can try running this testing app and post their results alongside what CPU-Z is saying.

Why the differences?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RT v2.60 MHz Tester.jpg 
Views:	933 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	79806

This is on the Gigabyte system.
    | Intel Core i7-2600K | ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 | G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTS 450 |
    | Swiftech APOGEE Drive II CPU Waterblock with Integrated Pump | XSPC RX360 | Swiftech MCP655-B Pump | XSPC Dual 5.25in. Bay Reservoir |
    | Thermaltake 850W PSU | NZXT SWITCH 810 | Windows 7 64-bit |

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    WoZZeR999: Don't worry about the multis. They get taken care of separately. This testing program will provide me with some data that I need to help understand this problem better. It's making more sense already. Post a screen shot when you get a chance and you can include CPU-Z as well or just tell me the multis and processor you're using.

msgclb: The 14.318180 MHz number in the lower right is provided by a frequency generator chip. You can see that my board works completely differently. I've tried a couple of Dell laptops and they seem to use 3.579545 MHz which is exactly one quarter the speed of what your board uses.

If you use SetFSB you could try dropping your FSB to 300 MHz and post a screen shot of that. No need to overclock more. Just overclock a little less.
    Last edited by unclewebb; 06-05-2008 at 09:12 PM.

Page 53 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663103153 ... LastLast