Page 156 of 180 FirstFirst ... 56106146153154155156157158159166 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 4486

Thread: Real Temp - New temp program for Intel Core processors

I don't know why I get intermittent "driver not loaded, run as admin." But when I run as Admin, it still doesn't work. This is on a Win7 x64. What seems to fix it temporarily is deleting the realtemp folder and installing a fresh copy.

Any ideas?

Xtreme Addict
    Deleting the folder shouldn't make any difference. If that does seem to help it's probably just a coincidence.

Can you give me a few more details like what version of RealTemp, where do you have it installed, what CPU and speed and what sort of hard drive are you using and how full is it. Usually if the driver doesn't get loaded it is because the computer is bogged down doing something else. If you have a virus scan or similar going on in the background, maybe that is causing the problem. Have you been using different versions of RealTemp for a while and has this problem been around for a while or is it a recent problem or not sure?

The WinRing0 driver RealTemp uses is open source and I didn't write it so I'm not sure if there's anything I'm going to be able to do to help this. Give me a few more details and I'll see if there's anything I can do to help you out. I might be able to add more delay time to RealTemp when it first starts up so it has more time and a better chance to load up the driver.

Are you in an account with Admin privileges?

Quote Originally Posted by unclewebb View Post
    Deleting the folder shouldn't make any difference. If that does seem to help it's probably just a coincidence.

Can you give me a few more details like what version of RealTemp, where do you have it installed, what CPU and speed and what sort of hard drive are you using and how full is it. Usually if the driver doesn't get loaded it is because the computer is bogged down doing something else. If you have a virus scan or similar going on in the background, maybe that is causing the problem. Have you been using different versions of RealTemp for a while and has this problem been around for a while or is it a recent problem or not sure?

The WinRing0 driver RealTemp uses is open source and I didn't write it so I'm not sure if there's anything I'm going to be able to do to help this. Give me a few more details and I'll see if there's anything I can do to help you out. I might be able to add more delay time to RealTemp when it first starts up so it has more time and a better chance to load up the driver.

Are you in an account with Admin privileges?
    It occurred with version 3.3, 3.4, and now the most current 3.46.
    I have a i7 920 clocked to 4.0 prime stable 26 hours blend and 20 runs of Linx at 25k problem set.

Currently have a 500gb hard drive, using about 200gb. New windows install 2 wks ago.

Yes, I'm the admin on this system.

I find that the problem started when I made a quick batch file to launch i7 turbo, cpuz, coretemp and linx all at once.

And I launched the problem as windows was starting up.
    Funny thing is once I get the "no driver" message, there's nothing I can do but recopy the files or reboot the system.

If I wait a little bit after windows boots up, it seems to work a little more consistent.
    Last edited by autox; 11-24-2009 at 05:15 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    autox: Thanks for some more details. I'll have a look at this tomorrow. Both i7 Turbo and RealTemp depend on the same WinRing0 driver and I know you can get that error message if you try to start both programs up at approximately the same time as they both try to access the driver at the same time.

I haven't tried this yet but maybe you could create two folders, one for RealTemp and one for i7 Turbo, and copy all the WinRing0 stuff into each separate folder. I'll try a few things tomorrow like this to see if I can figure anything out.

autox: Thanks for some more details. I'll have a look at this tomorrow. Both i7 Turbo and RealTemp depend on the same WinRing0 driver and I know you can get that error message if you try to start both programs up at approximately the same time as they both try to access the driver at the same time.

I haven't tried this yet but maybe you could create two folders, one for RealTemp and one for i7 Turbo, and copy all the WinRing0 stuff into each separate folder. I'll try a few things tomorrow like this to see if I can figure anything out.
    They were in different folders. I didn't realize for the longest time the i7 turbo was included with realtemp.

@unclewebb:
    congratulations for the great work!
    I want to ask you if there is a gadget of Real Temp for Win Vista/7 and I want to report a small bug ... when you set a different color for the vga on the system tray, setting is not retained.
    Greetings and good work.

Xtreme Addict
    autox: The i7 Turbo thread kind of got lost on XS due to lack of interest. I decided to include the i7 Turbo program with RealTemp so maybe a few more users could give it a try. It's not an everyday tool like RealTemp is but it's still kind of handy when testing. Of course they'll have to look inside the folder first to find it.

I tried changing my code around and I tried to introduce different amounts of delay to try and get the WinRing0 library to start up correctly, etc., etc. but I didn't have any success.

If you would like both programs to start up at approximately the same time from a batch file then you need to do something like this.

Code:
    @echo off
    start RealTemp.exe
    timeout /t 1 >NUL
    start i7Turbo.exe
    echo on
    The timeout command can be used to give you a 1 second delay between the start up of each program. If I use a zero second delay, I always get the "driver not loaded" error message but with a 1 second delay, it seems OK. I tested this just at the desktop. If something like this is in your start up sequence and it still doesn't work then I guess Windows is too bogged down and doesn't multitask as well as you'd think it should.

I don't know if Windows is to blame or if the WinRing0 library is to blame. I can't fix either one of those and I've tried rearranging my code without any success so I hope the above works for you. At the Desktop I double clicked on i7Turbo.exe as fast as I could and quickly started up 50 instances of i7 Turbo and each instance started up OK without that driver error message. That makes me think that Windows or WinRing0 are more to blame than my code is.

Sl@yerTech: Welcome to XS.

I don't use Windows gadgets so I haven't been overly motivated to do one for RealTemp yet. I might try this when I get bored or run out of things to do.

If RealTemp is located in a folder that you have permission to write to then the color settings for the System Tray icons should be saved. If you make an adjustment in the Settings window then you have to click on the OK button to exit out of the settings window to save your changes. If you only click on the Apply button then your new Settings will only be used for the current session. If you exit the Settings window by clicking on the X gadget, any changes made won't be saved. That's the default behavior for Windows programs so that's why RealTemp works like that. Give it a try and let me know if you have any problems.

Xtreme Addict

RealTemp 3.49

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/...alTempBeta.zip

A couple of minor changes including better support for ATI x2 technology and the ability to report both ATI and Nvidia GPU temperatures when you are using graphics cards from each manufacturer at the same time. Some users run a new ATI card for 3D but keep an older Nvidia card and use that in the second PCI-E slot for PhysX purposes.

If you have this setup, click a second time on the main GPU button in RealTemp to see a pop up window for each of your GPUs. The GPU temperature in the task bar will represent the highest combined temperature.

Champion
    Hosted

Will test the new ATI X2 function early next week.
    Weissbier - breakfast of champions

Xtreme Addict
    One user I was helping had a 4870 x2 and there is a feature that shuts down one of the GPUs when working at the Desktop to save power and reduce heat. RealTemp is designed so that it doesn't wake up a sleeping core. I didn't want to screw up this useful feature. After you do some 3D gaming, if the second core gets used, then RealTemp should be able to report Min/Max temperature data for both GPUs. I think the 5970 is supposed to work similar to this.

unclewebb, Thank you, for a very nice program. Been using Real Temp for awhile, it's awesome. I was just wondering if you had any plans to include the option to show all GPU temps in the task bar (notification area), like the core temps... TIA

autox: The i7 Turbo thread kind of got lost on XS due to lack of interest. I decided to include the i7 Turbo program with RealTemp so maybe a few more users could give it a try. It's not an everyday tool like RealTemp is but it's still kind of handy when testing. Of course they'll have to look inside the folder first to find it.

I tried changing my code around and I tried to introduce different amounts of delay to try and get the WinRing0 library to start up correctly, etc., etc. but I didn't have any success.

If you would like both programs to start up at approximately the same time from a batch file then you need to do something like this.

Code:
    @echo off
    start RealTemp.exe
    timeout /t 1 >NUL
    start i7Turbo.exe
    echo on
    The timeout command can be used to give you a 1 second delay between the start up of each program. If I use a zero second delay, I always get the "driver not loaded" error message but with a 1 second delay, it seems OK. I tested this just at the desktop. If something like this is in your start up sequence and it still doesn't work then I guess Windows is too bogged down and doesn't multitask as well as you'd think it should.

I don't know if Windows is to blame or if the WinRing0 library is to blame. I can't fix either one of those and I've tried rearranging my code without any success so I hope the above works for you. At the Desktop I double clicked on i7Turbo.exe as fast as I could and quickly started up 50 instances of i7 Turbo and each instance started up OK without that driver error message. That makes me think that Windows or WinRing0 are more to blame than my code is.

Sl@yerTech: Welcome to XS.

I don't use Windows gadgets so I haven't been overly motivated to do one for RealTemp yet. I might try this when I get bored or run out of things to do.

If RealTemp is located in a folder that you have permission to write to then the color settings for the System Tray icons should be saved. If you make an adjustment in the Settings window then you have to click on the OK button to exit out of the settings window to save your changes. If you only click on the Apply button then your new Settings will only be used for the current session. If you exit the Settings window by clicking on the X gadget, any changes made won't be saved. That's the default behavior for Windows programs so that's why RealTemp works like that. Give it a try and let me know if you have any problems.
    Thanks, that works well.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by CKY2K View Post
    I was just wondering if you had any plans to include the option to show all GPU temps in the task bar (notification area), like the core temps... TIA
    You're welcome. I wasn't really planning to show all of them. At the moment, RealTemp reports the highest GPU temperature in the System Tray. When you are at the desktop, do you really need to know the temperature of each GPU? If you see a really high number it should be easy enough to open up RealTemp and try to find out what GPU is causing the problem. With 6 core CPUs on the horizon, I'm thinking that maybe less temperature information is more useful than too much information.

Your GPUs tend to be at their lowest temperature when idle at the desktop. As soon as you start gaming, you can't see the System Tray so I can't see the need to show both temperatures. If you can come up with a good reason to show more GPU temperature info in the system tray I'll think about it.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    So Uncle, how do I use the program to show ALL 12 cores on a dual socket westmere(gulftown) system?
    I know, don't ya just hate these people that show up with questions like this?
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Addict
    You dual Gulftown guys were just the ones I was thinking about when it comes to "too much information."

I guess I'll have to add a switch to RealTemp GT so you can have a look at both CPUs. Maybe someday.

You're welcome. I wasn't really planning to show all of them. At the moment, RealTemp reports the highest GPU temperature in the System Tray. When you are at the desktop, do you really need to know the temperature of each GPU? If you see a really high number it should be easy enough to open up RealTemp and try to find out what GPU is causing the problem. With 6 core CPUs on the horizon, I'm thinking that maybe less temperature information is more useful than too much information.

Your GPUs tend to be at their lowest temperature when idle at the desktop. As soon as you start gaming, you can't see the System Tray so I can't see the need to show both temperatures. If you can come up with a good reason to show more GPU temperature info in the system tray I'll think about it.
    Thank you for the quick reply . I hear ya about the 6 cores (can't wait). ummm a good reason (long pause...). I guess I'm just lazy . I just started "part-time" folding with my main machine (quad GPU's)and I'm still using the machine for simply things while folding (web, email) and it would make it easier, just to take a glance at the right bottom corner, instead of opening up Precision and see all GPU's temps at once. It's just Real Temp uses up very little resources, a big thanks to you.. Alright I tried ... Thank you

Xtreme Addict
    I'll keep your request in mind.

By the way, welcome to XS.

I'll keep your request in mind.

By the way, welcome to XS.
    Thank you....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    So Uncle, how do I use the program to show ALL 12 cores on a dual socket westmere(gulftown) system?
    I know, don't ya just hate these people that show up with questions like this?
    Create two instances of Real Temp, modify Tj Max and idle calibration for one of them and convince yourself that they are referring to two different CPUs.

Xtreme Addict

RivaTuner PlugIn RTCore.dll

RTCore.dll
    Version 3.49
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/y8p3cr

Just a few minor updates to the RealTemp - RivaTuner plugin including better Core i5/i7 support when not using hyper threading. It also supports the 6 core Gulftown CPUs. If I ever see a screen shot of that then maybe I'll be motivated to update the plugin to support Dual Gulftowns.

Unzip and copy RTCore.dll to the RivaTuner\PlugIns\Monitoring directory.

Open up the graphs in RivaTuner and click on the Setup button. In the Hardware monitoring Setup window, click on the PlugIns button. Make sure RTCore.dll has a check mark beside it.

The plugin includes a battery level meter for laptop owners.
    Last edited by unclewebb; 12-01-2009 at 10:50 PM.

Xtreme Addict

My Worst Nightmare

http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archi...202comp_sm.htm

SANTA CLARA, Calif., Dec. 2, 2009 – Researchers from Intel Labs demonstrated an experimental, 48-core Intel processor, or "single-chip cloud computer," that rethinks many of the approaches used in today's designs for laptops, PCs and servers. This futuristic chip boasts about 10 to 20 times the processing engines inside today's most popular Intel® Core™-branded processors.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The system tray isn't big enough to monitor all of them.
    I don't even want to think about two of these on the same board.

Champion
    Kevin...I think they just got you

BTW - I have an H55 board here but I see no GPU temp in RealTemp
    Weissbier - breakfast of champions

Can you not make that Real Temp Auto detect how many cores a cpu has!! Because this is just starting..48cores is nothing..there will come even 256cores..and i have chess engines who are ready to handle 2048cores!!
    I have chess engines who has no core limitation..so how more cores it sees how better

This is maybe a tip for future programming into your great tool!!

JP.
    -Core i9 7980XE @4,20Ghz Vcore:1,10V
    -Asrock X299 Taichi XE
    -Custom water-cooling loop
    -16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz
    -Samsung 970 evo Plus 500Gb
    -Samsung 960 evo 250Gb
    -Samsung 850 evo 500Gb
    -Samsung SH-S223Q
    -Asus RTX 2080 Dual OC
    -Cooler Master HAF 932
    -Seasonic Prime 1300W Gold

Test results are always welcome with this Chess Test where all your cores/threads will run @100% ,Thanks
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=1#post5259523

Uncle, is it possible to have a G15/19 integration?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razer(x) View Post
    Uncle, is it possible to have a G15/19 integration?
    That would be awesome!
    |MoBo| Microstar Int'l P55-GD65 Rev 1
    |CPU| Intel Core i5 750 4.0Ghz 1.26V
    |GPU| HSI HD 5850 1GB DDR5 1440sp
    |RAM| 4x2GB Dominator 1600 DDR3
    |PSU| PC P&C Silencer 610W 50A Rail
    |HSF| Megahalems- Idle: 32 Load: 58
    |BMs| '06: 24,223- Vantage: P17,373

Page 156 of 180 FirstFirst ... 56106146153154155156157158159166 ... LastLast