Page 130 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3080120127128129130131132133140 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 4486

Thread: Real Temp - New temp program for Intel Core processors

Xtreme Addict
    Nevrsadie: I'm just looking into a RealTemp bug or two at the moment. Hopefully I'll have a beta available this weekend and you can see if that makes any difference.

Xtreme Addict

RealTemp 3.04

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/...alTempBeta.zip

Beta testing continues.

Here's my latest fix for darkzone's missing cores. It might also fix some occasional, odd looking Load % or temperature readings.
    The RealTemp RivaTuner Load % plug-in looks much more stable now as well.

To install the new plug-in open up the RealTemp Settings window, click on the RivaTuner button, when the file requester pops up, click on Cancel. Click on the RivaTuner button a second time and find where RivaTuner.exe is located and click on OK and it should install this new version into the appropriate directory for you. The version of RTCore.dll is 3.04 as well so you can check the version number in your plug-ins directory if you want to be 100% sure. If you follow the directions, you should get the new version installed.

Start RivaTuner and select RTCore.dll in RivaTuner and it should be OK.

I've switched to a newer C++ compiler as well as 101 other changes so if anything is broken, let me know.
    Last edited by unclewebb; 02-14-2009 at 01:42 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for update

Very strange situation ..
    rig 1 - Xp pro SP3 (32bit) Dual core E8400 - ( more details in signature)
    New beta RT 3.04 is running OK !

rig -2 (multi boot separate HDD's ) Quad core ( details in signature )
    Xp-Pro SP3 (32bit) - NO GO !
    Vista Home Prem 32 bit - NO GO !
    W7 Beta -64bit - NO GO
    all the same error pop-up '' missing - MFC71U.dll '' in all 3 different os
    (never used/installed Riva Tuner on these 2 machines / 4 diff. separate op systems .. - could be this a problem ? )
    will add screens if needed ... just need to 'Pshop' them together from diff. disks .. ..

CY
    screens add
    Last edited by i43; 02-14-2009 at 03:25 PM.
    Maximus Extreme / Air // E8400 // Noctua NH-C12P
    Asus 8800 ULTRA /Stock Air/
    G.SKILL F3-10600CL8D-2GBHK
    Tagan TG700-BZ // Antec P182 B

Rampage Extreme / Air // QX9650 // True120 Black
    A-Data DDR3-1600G 3x2gb kit (using 2 modules 2x2b)
    ((CellShock (MSC CS3222580) ) dead
    Sapphire HD 4870x2 (single) stock Air
    Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 1KW // HAF'932

Xtreme Addict

Smile

Hi Unclewebb

Once again, thank you for your hard work and efforts. I have installed RealTemp 3.00, I am very impressed with the new features you have added in (GPU temp) as well as your revised TjMAX settings for the QX9650 (I must admit at first I was a bit as I misunderstood my TjMAX to be 95, but now it is 100, things seem to be slightly easier to calibrate).

Eventually I might move to Core i7 (perhaps i975 or maybe a later revision) as at the moment I am more than happy with my Core2.

Kudos Unclewebb and best wishes.

Kind Regards
    John
    Stop looking at the walls, look out the window

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by i43 View Post
    all the same error pop-up '' missing - MFCU71U.dll '' in all 3 different os
    same problem, for now i solved it with geting mfc71u.dll from HERE and copy it in to realtemp dir.

Xtreme Member
    Thnks for quick reply SoLoR

yes traced this file and found this MFC71U.dll in my Rig-1 %System32 folder [ mfc71u.dll ] ( file ver 7.10.3077.0 )
    where the latest RT 3.04beta run OK // (sorry, my typo above i wrote MFCU71U.dll - was wrong i edited/fixed it) //

hmmmm just copied it to an other machine (xp pro 32bit ..// ..%system32 folder ... and still NO GO ? just next popup -
    just copied it from event/error log to avoid typos again
    ----
    Application popup: RealTemp.exe - Unable To Locate Component : This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
    -----

PS!
    well, didn't test further now (with VistaHP32-bit and W7-64bit) .. LoL i feel my self still too clumsy and unskillful with those new things
    any way if i will found these missing dll's from other OpSys (other machine) then where ? what folder? should i copy them on Vista 32bit and W7 - 64 bit ) ? -
    is this same '' grand old '' %System32/ ?

Thanks

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR View Post
    same problem, for now i solved it with geting mfc71u.dll from HERE and copy it in to realtemp dir.
    Got the same error and used the same fix.

i7 3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
    16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600
    240GB HyperX SSD
    EVGA GTX 680 SC+
    X-Fi Fatality
    Corsair AX1200

Quote Originally Posted by unclewebb View Post
    Here's my latest fix for darkzone's missing cores.
    I don't know what did you do, but now is not only the two cores missing, is worse: the entirely program's window is missing Program runs somewhere in background, but the window isn't visible at all. No error messages, no missing .dll's, no nothing. That window just doesn't appear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	realtemp_10.jpg 
Views:	676 
Size:	181.0 KB 
ID:	94791  
    Last edited by darkzone; 02-14-2009 at 04:30 PM.
    Better to fight for something than live for nothing
    US General George Patton

Xtreme Addict
    I warned you this was beta software.

At least the load meter is looking good now in RivaTuner with two threads of Prime running.

It looks much better than in this post above:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...postcount=3233

Xtreme Addict

RealTemp 3.05

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/...alTempBeta.zip

I added the mfc71u.dll file to this download. Long term, I'll likely be going back to using mfc42u.dll which everyone already has on their system.

I know that's a beta software, I wonder how much patience do you have with me to solve this annoying bug

Monday I will run this new beta onto Server 2003 machine, that I have at my workplace, too see if this bug appear only when running on server type operating systems. Keep in touch.
    US General George Patton

I has no problem loading 3.04 on Windows 7(x32).
    Now 3.05 need 10 sec to load
    Need a Gigabyte latest BIOS?
    Z370 AORUS Gaming 7,
    GA-Z97X-SOC Force ,Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.65 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 10 x64

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Now 3.05 need 10 sec to load
    We call that progress!

I think there is a bug in the old C++ compiler that I am using that is causing a problem for darkzone. I've been trying to find a fix for him but obviously some of my cures have been worse than the original problem.

3.05 starts up instantly on my computer.

I might have to write a specific version to correctly handle the C++ 7.1 / Server 2008 bug and then remove some of these patches and get RealTemp running correctly for the rest of us. If you have any trouble with any beta you can always use version 3.00 which works pretty good, most of the time.

Edit: Here's a little testing program to help me understand what function this bug might be in.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/.../SetThread.zip

If you have a Quad core then the SetThread tool should look like this:

core 0: 1
    core 1: 2
    core 2: 4
    core 3: 8
    ---------
    All Cores = (1+2+4+8) = 15

The number in the box tells me what processor the thread was previously running on. Going down in the chart, for each core it tries to switch the thread to that core 4 times. On my computer, it works exactly as it is supposed to and shows in the second box going down that the thread got switched properly.

The number in the chart represents what core the process got switched to based on my chart. A 0 in this chart shows that the SetThreadAffinityMask function was not successful.

I hope when darkzone runs this little app on Server 2008 that it becomes clear exactly where this bug is.

If your OS shows anything unusual then post a pic.
    Last edited by unclewebb; 02-15-2009 at 09:46 AM.

Well, there is screenshot including SetThread window, which seems to also lose two cores. As I said, tomorrow I'll try 3.05 onto Server 2003 machine at work and see what happens.

Name:	realtemp_11.jpg 
Views:	1097 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	94841  
    US General George Patton

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevrsadie View Post
    Noticed something weird today. I have always had a problem of cores 0 and 1 jumping up and down 5c whenever under load. It was like clockwork, after a few minutes under load it would drop 5c, then back up again after a couple mins. Process would repeat over and over again. Cores 2 and 3 would steady. Also I am not getting errors in Prime 95 during this.

Look at these two pics and check out the load %.

I have all eist and the other setting turned off in BIOS. I would assume that the load drop is why my temps are changing on cores 0 and 1. what would cause this?
    @Nevrsadie ( reply to post http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...postcount=3237 )
    sorry i deleted the large img links when QUOTE your post hope not a problem ?

i see probably the the same temperature jumps when run Prime95 (v26.8) testing BLEND mode
    well, i have never paid much attention to this, mostly keep eye on max load temps,
    but just as far i understand, there is nothing that refers to Realtemp i guess?
    here two screens:

all monitoring programs will detect this periodic jumps
    IMO this is more related to Prime95 itself how it loads cores,
    ... as you see
    i opened 'Everest' stability test window' (built-in) only monitoring mode just for draw the graph
    and set it to read data interval 1 sec for both (temp mon. graph and Load graph)
    i run Prime blend approx 10 min ( see the time stamp on prime) worker-threads

explaining, - on my screens - just don't mind the 5C difference in readouts from
    RealTemp 3.0 vs Everest and CoreTemp readouts -
    those are just softwre side default setings i was using, and specific to hardware detection in each software, -- long story short :
    using QX9650 -- RT3.0 def. use tjmax 100C ; Everest (autodetect 95C) & CoreT 99.5 also 95C
    and this is not an issue, also as you see my quad have different load temps on pair of dies -
    something like first pair(core: 0;1) are always higher approx 8~12C degrees
    than (core: 2;3) from second pair
    ... does not matter ... ''jumps'' are seen also there

Add/edit
    just a second run all same setup .. Prime95 SmallFFT mode:

it draws a quite strait line on graph.. no jumps in Prime smallFTT testing ..
    Last edited by i43; 02-16-2009 at 06:26 AM.
    Maximus Extreme / Air // E8400 // Noctua NH-C12P
    Asus 8800 ULTRA /Stock Air/
    G.SKILL F3-10600CL8D-2GBHK
    Tagan TG700-BZ // Antec P182 B

Rampage Extreme / Air // QX9650 // True120 Black
    A-Data DDR3-1600G 3x2gb kit (using 2 modules 2x2b)
    ((CellShock (MSC CS3222580) ) dead
    Sapphire HD 4870x2 (single) stock Air
    Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 1KW // HAF'932

I've tried to run RT 3.05 onto Server 2003 system, but it doesn't work due of lack of CPU support : Xeon 3.4GHz, 90nm. So, I can't find out if it's a bug which affect server type operating systems only.

Name:	cpu-z_xeon.JPG 
Views:	945 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	94937   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rt305_error.JPG 
Views:	937 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	94939  
    Last edited by darkzone; 02-17-2009 at 03:24 AM.
    US General George Patton

Xtreme Addict
    Unclewebb:
    I think I found some sort of bug somewhere.

I noticed when I run my QX9650 at stock 3 ghz, running quad prime or Linpack shows load at 98-99% in Realtemp (linpack varies of course but goes up to 98%). But when I run it at 4 ghz, Realtemp shows load for prime at about 74-76% and the same goes for Linpack (max around 76%)

Any idea what's going on here? I couldn't find anything in the search...

Xtreme Addict
    darkzone: That 3.4GHz Xeon is based on the Pentium 4 architecture so it doesn't have the on chip temperature sensors that are needed. I'm taking a break on this project for a few days but will be back with some better fixes.

Falkentyne: There was a bug early on that using the Task Scheduler would set the RealTemp priority level one notch too low which would screw up RealTemp when running Linpack but Prime was OK because it is at the lowest priority by default. I know there are still a couple of bugs in the Load code so I'll be looking into improving that in the next beta as well. I might have to increase the priority of the Load code so other programs don't block it from calculating an accurate reading. I'll send you a test version in a few days.

Hey guys, I was running Real Temp 3 and CPU-Z at the same time, when I noticed something weird. See my attachment.

Which reading is correct?

Name:	RTvsCPUZ.png 
Views:	723 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	95050  

Xtreme Member
    I have found CPU-Z to read the bclk and multi funny at times when EIST is on. RealTemp seems to be correct as it reads the multi and speed better.
    Intel i9 7900X @ 4.6GHz @ 1.126v
    ASUS X299 TUF MARK 1
    32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800
    2x ZOTAC AMP EXTREME Core GTX1080Ti's in SLi
    Loop 1: Apogee GTZ CPU block, MCR360 rad w/ Scythe fans, Micro-res, Aquaextreme 50Z pump
    U2-UFO case

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade5399 View Post
    I have found CPU-Z to read the bclk and multi funny at times when EIST is on. RealTemp seems to be correct as it reads the multi and speed better.
    Interesting. I am running with all power saving features on + HT + turbo.

Edit: I tried the new version of CPU-Z (1.50) and its behaviour hasn't changed.
    Last edited by Bludd; 02-19-2009 at 04:47 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Uncle has hard times to get proper readings for i7 so I'll bet all my moneys on RealTemp.
    If it ain't broke... fix it until it is.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludd View Post
    Hey guys, I was running Real Temp 3 and CPU-Z at the same time, when I noticed something weird. See my attachment.

Which reading is correct?
    Realtemp is correct. CPU-z 1.5 and 1.49 have problems properly reporting C1E, Speedstep and Turbo clock speeds on the Core i7.
    Asus Rampage II Gene | Core i7 920 | 6*2GB Mushkin 998729 | BFG GTX280 OCX | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | Corsair VX550
    —Life is too short to be bound by the moral, ethical and legal constraints imposed on us by modern day society.

Quote Originally Posted by 003 View Post
    Realtemp is correct. CPU-z 1.5 and 1.49 have problems properly reporting C1E, Speedstep and Turbo clock speeds on the Core i7.
    Thanks. I sent an email to the CPU-Z dev. Hopefully, he's aware of it and it'll be fixed.

Xtreme Addict
    RealTemp reports an averaged multi at idle. If you are using Speedstep and have that properly enabled within your bios and within the Windows power management settings, a Core i7 will show a steady multi of 12.0 at idle. If you don't have those items set properly in your bios and within Windows, RealTemp will show an average value that floats somewhere between 12.0 and your full Turbo multi. If you want it to be steady at the full number then you have to set your bios and Windows accordingly. Turn off C1E and Speedstep in the bios and make sure your Minimum processor is set to 100% in the Power Management section of the Control Panel.

When RealTemp reports 16.0 that is a sign that the multi is constantly changing between 12.0 and your full multi.
    16.0 represents the average.

Page 130 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3080120127128129130131132133140 ... LastLast