Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corsair HX1000 announced

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Terru View Post
    What is wrong with a modular unit? It does not make a unit perform any worse, unless you belive that PCP&C fud...
    Yep.
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

Xtreme Member
    wouldn't it be better if it was single reail on 12V?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Terru View Post
    What is wrong with a modular unit? It does not make a unit perform any worse, unless you belive that PCP&C fud...
    I've seen problems with modular units first hand, and experienced some of them. It's a silly risk to take and I've never had problems hiding the extra cables.

I've learned my lessons on a couple things in the PC world, modular PSU's being one of them.

I'll just avoid the headache completely.
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

Xtreme PSU Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC View Post
    No.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC View Post
    Now ask yourself that with 2 QX9775's and 2 3870 X2's with that PSU.
    All that power on ONE rail.
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crash5s View Post
    I've seen problems with modular units first hand, and experienced some of them. It's a silly risk to take and I've never had problems hiding the extra cables.

I've learned my lessons on a couple things in the PC world, modular PSU's being one of them.

I'll just avoid the headache completely.

Like what? I can't see why having two ends to plug in instead of one would really make a difference.

Xtreme Member
    Well, some of the earlier modular supplies have been pretty rotten, like the early OCZ units. The new corsair and Ultra X3 are wonders though. It can make a big difference in small cases, and it just makes the OCD inside me feel better :p
    Has a very small epeen.

Xtreme Member
    quad sli with a corsair?? a beautiful looking future

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looks like it'll be a great unit.

I have been benching with a beta unit since CES.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I have been benching with a beta unit since CES.
    Nice

Xtreme Member
    If this performs near the same as my 520's have performed, this one may go in my case, just so i have some overkill room for upgrading . if not I'll sit back and wait to see if BFG releases a modular PSU.
    CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz
    Memory: 2x4gb Kingston HyperX @ 1600Mhz
    Graphics: Sapphire 6950 Toxic on BenQ XL2420TE
    Board: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
    Power: Corsair AX850W (70A)

HEATware
    Currently playing: Planetside 2, Dead Space 3, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Xtreme Member
    Hey Guys, I have the 620HX PS. I don't plan to do SLI or anything hard-core. My graphic card is gona be most likely the 9600GT, would you guys recommend me taking a look at this power supply. I am building a new rig and I rather have more power then be sorry later.

Quick SYS Setup:

Asus Maximus SE
    Intel Quad Q9450 (Waiting)
    nVidia 9600GT Graphic Card
    Asus DX2 Sound Card
    TV Turner
    1 Raptor X HD
    3 - 4 Storage HD

And Soon.... Your Thoughts?

P.S. Fusion

im not quite sure but i think the silverstone olympus series PSU's were the first to get 3-way NVIDIA SLI Technology Certification Program from NVIDIA considering that silverstone was the first official NVIDIA ESA Partner
    Last edited by ATI-RaWpOwEr; 02-28-2008 at 02:52 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    So does this mean that Nvidia is slightly relaxing the standards for their three-way SLI certification? In Anandtech's interview with PCP&C, they stated that their 860W Turbo-cool was fully capable of running a tri-SLI rig, but that Nvidia refused to allow certification for anything under 1100W.
    We built the custom Turbo Cool 860 anyway to show you how conservative our ratings are. The reason the 860 doesn't come with six PCI-E standard is because we can't market the product for 3-way SLI without NVIDIA certification and they won't certify a PSU under 1100W for 3-way SLI, no matter how well it works.
    Or should this be taken with a grain of salt?
    i7 2600K | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | GTX Titan | Corsair DDR3-2133

Xtreme PSU Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by ATI-RaWpOwEr View Post
    im not quite sure but i think the silverstone olympus series PSU's were the first to get 3-way NVIDIA SLI Technology Certification Program from NVIDIA considering that silverstone was the first official NVIDIA ESA Partner
    Actually, Tagan was. That's why all of the ESA test machines you see doing the rounds at other sites have Tagan 1100W power supplies in them.

Quote Originally Posted by MpG View Post
    So does this mean that Nvidia is slightly relaxing the standards for their three-way SLI certification? In Anandtech's interview with PCP&C, they stated that their 860W Turbo-cool was fully capable of running a tri-SLI rig, but that Nvidia refused to allow certification for anything under 1100W.

Or should this be taken with a grain of salt?
    Maybe? Hopefully? I can confirm that 1100W was a minimum requirement when the platform first launched. But 1000W is certainly adequate if you're running 3 way, even on a quad FX rig.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vegettoxp View Post
    Hey Guys, I have the 620HX PS. I don't plan to do SLI or anything hard-core. My graphic card is gona be most likely the 9600GT, would you guys recommend me taking a look at this power supply. I am building a new rig and I rather have more power then be sorry later.
    No I wouldn't recommend it to you, the HX-620 is more than enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeywoman View Post
    thats a very nice psu, 1000watts at 50c....under load it would pull 900watts?
    If the PSU is outputting 1KW DC to the system then it would be pulling over 1000W AC from the wall.
    Core 2 duo E8400 @ 4.2Ghz | Swiftech H20 Apex Ultra Plus | 2GB OCZ Reaper HPC PC8500 @ 1066 4-4-4-4 | 320GB WD + 640GB WD | 512MB 8800GT @ 700/1900 | Antec 900 | 22" Dell E228WFP + 22" Asus VW222U | Logitech G9 + G15 | Asus P5K-E WiFi | Running on a 380W Antec NeoHE
    - Me @ HWBOT

Xtreme PSU Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by jcool View Post
    In the TX750, they run that thing at around 4V starting, so it's never under 900rpm which is quite annoying.
    Confirmed 4.83V, but still.... 900 RPM too loud? Wow. You're hard to please.

Xtreme Legend
    wow jcool you're a tough customer
    i knew Germans were pedantic but that's just over the top hey hehehhehe
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Member
    People have different takes on noise, show someone from SPCR a 140mm fan at 900rpm and they will go crazy. :P
    Core 2 duo E8400 @ 4.2Ghz | Swiftech H20 Apex Ultra Plus | 2GB OCZ Reaper HPC PC8500 @ 1066 4-4-4-4 | 320GB WD + 640GB WD | 512MB 8800GT @ 700/1900 | Antec 900 | 22" Dell E228WFP + 22" Asus VW222U | Logitech G9 + G15 | Asus P5K-E WiFi | Running on a 380W Antec NeoHE
    - Me @ HWBOT

Back from the Dead
    Nothing to do with pedantic, I just need to have my customers satisfied, that's all. And what they want is a rig that can run Crysis with Vista in fullHD w/o hearing a thing - so I'm not the one that's hard to please here
    I just got worked up about the TX750 so much because it cost me a lot of nerve... I bought a few of these units believing Corsair's noise-per-watt diagram that was on their page for the TX... that said something about below 20dBA unti 400W load or so.
    I buy these units, and what I get is close to 30 rather than 20. I bet that's why Corsair won't ever send a TX SPCR's way cause they'd tear it to shreds, no matter how well it can handle high loads
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

Xtreme PSU Tester
    Nothing to do with pedantic, I just need to have my customers satisfied, that's all. And what they want is a rig that can run Crysis with Vista in fullHD w/o hearing a thing....
    Wait... So they're playing Crysis w/o sound?

Back from the Dead
    Hell no
    But they want Triple-SLI systems that they can use for watching movies and stuff too, so it has to be dead quiet (at least in idle) - crazy people
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

Xtreme Cruncher
    Nothing to do with pedantic, I just need to have my customers satisfied, that's all. And what they want is a rig that can run Crysis with Vista in fullHD w/o hearing a thing - so I'm not the one that's hard to please here
    I just got worked up about the TX750 so much because it cost me a lot of nerve... I bought a few of these units believing Corsair's noise-per-watt diagram that was on their page for the TX... that said something about below 20dBA unti 400W load or so.
    I buy these units, and what I get is close to 30 rather than 20. I bet that's why Corsair won't ever send a TX SPCR's way cause they'd tear it to shreds, no matter how well it can handle high loads
    your customers would have real problems in my computer room then. even more so sitting next to my antec 900 and god knows what they would do when i cranked up crysis on my secondary rig with an overclocked 2900pro

i have had customers the same way and most seem very happy with 2x120s, CPU fan, GPU fan and PSU fan. but it varies form person to person.

back on topic thats one good looking psu! i love my 2 Corsair Vx550 and if this can do 1000watts with the same quality i will be more than happy.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.5GHz
    Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    RAM: 32GB (8x4GB) Patriot Viper EX @ 1866mhz
    GPU: EVGA GTX Titan (1087Boost/6700Mem)
    Physx: Evga GTX 560 2GB
    Sound: Creative XFI Titanium
    Case: Modded 700D
    PSU: Corsair 1200AX (Fully Sleeved)
    Storage: 2x120GB OCZ Vertex 3's in RAID 0 + WD 600GB V-Raptor + Seagate 1TB
    Cooling: XSPC Raystorm, 2x MCP 655's, FrozenQ Warp Drive, EX360+MCR240+EX120 Rad's

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    Wait... So they're playing Crysis w/o sound?
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast