Thread: Help with a suggestion on replacement motherboard please

Xtreme Member

Help with a suggestion on replacement motherboard please

Ok guys after 3 weeks Komplett has replied to my emails about the rma of the IP35 Pro. Heres what they said after I got onto them yesterday

Dear Customer,

The ABIT IP35 PRO, P35, S-775, ATX, DDR2 has been confirmed as faulty, but unfortunately we are out of stock of that item and our suppliers haven't been able to give us a date for when stock will be with us.

If you don't mind the wait then we will ship a replacement when stock is available.

Alternatively, if you don't wish to wait then we could ship you the following instead as a suitable replacement?
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=345777

Or if there is a suitable replacement you can find on our website that we have in stock, please note that any suggestions will have to match the specs of the faulty board as closely as possible.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
    Danny
    Komplett
    So do you guys know anything about this gigabyte motherboard? Also another thing to note is its about 20 euro more in price than the Abit I rma'd. In case its not as good heres a list of the motherboards on their site http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.aspx?bn=10492 Rember I have to stick as close to the specs of the Abit board as possible.so any suggestions on what I should do will be good.
    Intel Cire I5 760
    Asus Maximus III Gene
    Kingston Value Ram DDR3 1333mhz
    Corsair Obsidian 800D
    Corsair HX1000 W
    2X GTX470 SLI
    Corsair H50

Back from the Dead
    Really depends on what you want. This Gigabyte is a reliable mobo, good for overclocking and stuff but it's... different. If you're used to abit, you often find other brand's bioses and settings weird or distracting.
    You will also have to say goodbye to µguru with all its benefits, including detailed fan speed adjustments - don't expect a gigabyte mobo to provide you with a decent fan controlling.

On a more positive note, this mobo should have stronger PWMs so you might see benefits when overclocking quadcores, it will also have less Vdroop.

Color scheme takes some getting used to I guess xD
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the info Jcool. My main use for the motherboard will be for to OC my Q6600 G0 with watercooling and for gaming. Im not into benchmarking. But I did email them back to see if I could get the IP35 Pro replaced with an IX38 Quad GT if I paid a few more euros extra. Theres a big chance that they will say no but its worth a try.

Also I am not used to any type of bios realy. I have used a few Gigabyte motherboards before , I had an Abit AN8 SLi Fatal1ty for a year and a half and I am currently using an Asus Crosshair motherboard. I much rather Abit and Gigabyte over ASUS any day because Asus dont realy cut it for me. Another thing is I wont see the motherboard because the side panel on my case doesnt have a window. Im into functionality over form. If it works better than it looks I personaly dont care :P
    Last edited by steve30x; 02-26-2008 at 07:35 AM.
    Intel Cire I5 760
    Asus Maximus III Gene
    Corsair Obsidian 800D
    Corsair HX1000 W
    2X GTX470 SLI
    Corsair H50

I am Xtreme
    P35 DS4 rev 2 is a very reliable mobo mate... I wouldn't doubt one second to get one of those... very well built...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Member
    Thanks Leeghoofd. If Komplett says no to my proposal then Ill opt for the Gigabyte motherboard.
    Intel Cire I5 760
    Asus Maximus III Gene
    Corsair Obsidian 800D
    Corsair HX1000 W
    2X GTX470 SLI
    Corsair H50