Thread: 8800GT cooler for SLI?

8800GT cooler for SLI?

I really like the looks and reviews I hear on the HR-03 GT, but its size means that most likely, it's going to be difficult to fit it for SLI (assuming there are other things going in the PCI slots.

What can you guys recommend that is smaller (blocks as few slots as possible, whilst keeping it cool.)

EDIT: forgot, they're EVGA 8800GT Superclocked editions...
    Last edited by HowlingBlue; 02-14-2008 at 09:36 AM. Reason: forgot info

What about the S1?

Xtreme Addict
    If am right those Thermaltake Duo-Orb will fit, at least for Xfire it does. They might be a tad "loud", but this is very subjective.
    DFI Lanparty LT X48-T2R
    Intel Q6600 L737B242 ~ VID 1.2125 ~ 4000mhZ @ 1.48 vcore {lapped}
    eVGA 8800GTS (G92) 512MB {stock}
    Crucial Ballistix PC8500 Tracer ~ 1200mhZ 5-5-5-12 @ 2.05v
    Lian Li PC-V1000 {modded}
    Corsair HX 620W
    Creative X-FI ExtremeMusic
    Western Digital Raptor X 150GB
    Thermalright-Ultra120 Xtreme {lapped} ft. Scythe S-Flex SFF21F S-FDB ~ Push & Pull

Xtreme Member
    As far as HR-03's go, they won't fit if you plan on adding any other cards, the Thermaltake Du-Orbs will fit as well as the Zalman VF1000's (which I ordered 2 of already). The problem with the Du-Orbs is that they are Molex connectors, so controlling their speed will require some rewiring, but their price is alil bit lower than that of Zalman's, which is usually the case of anything compared to Zalman

Edit: Oh yeah, and both are single slot solutions

Quote Originally Posted by HowlingBlue View Post
    I really like the looks and reviews I hear on the HR-03 GT, but its size means that most likely, it's going to be difficult to fit it for SLI (assuming there are other things going in the PCI slots.

What can you guys recommend that is smaller (blocks as few slots as possible, whilst keeping it cool.)

EDIT: forgot, they're EVGA 8800GT Superclocked editions...
    I just recently bought an accelero s1 for my gts512 and I'm very happy with my results, I'm getting without any fan on it 51º load after playing crysis for 30 minutes, see here http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=176667

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick_top View Post
    I just recently bought an accelero s1 for my gts512 and I'm very happy with my results, I'm getting without any fan on it 51º load after playing crysis for 30 minutes, see here http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=176667
    These will also be the cheapest I have heard good things about them too

Xtreme Addict
    wow 51c on passive S1 is impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Brick_top View Post
    I think I'm going to go with this, since I am sort of trying for silence...... hopefully my airflow will be good enough for it though......