Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK comptible motherboard list --4/15/08 updated--

G.Skill USA Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreGooder View Post
    Please add the DFI LP LT X38-T2R to the compatibility list. I'm running 8GB and Vista 64bit at rated speeds, 2.1V vdimm. PERFECTLY.
    i still have problem to run 333 / 1066. could you let me know your setting?
    Feel free to contact ustech@gskillusa.com or use our G.Skill Q&A Sub-Forum, if having any questions about G.Skill products

Check out our items on NewEgg

G.Skill USA Tech
    Asus X48 Rampage Formula tested no problem
    Feel free to contact ustech@gskillusa.com or use our G.Skill Q&A Sub-Forum, if having any questions about G.Skill products

Crunching for Poppabear
    Just got my rma back. Got error 52 with both sticks to start. Tried them 1 at a time and each one worked. Put both back in at the same time and it booted. Running at 1080@1.87 volts.

Xtreme Member
    I have a pair of these on my LANPARTY LT X48-T2R and I have a few problems.

System:
    LANPARTY LT X48-T2R
    F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    Corsair 750W PSU
    Xeon E3110

I've been trying to OC this chip to 4ghz stable and can't seem to get it to pass Orthos blend and most of the time it locks up during initial post or halfway through the loading of Vista.

Just for the hell of it i put my brothers 2x1 sticks of Corsair in the board and it's completely stable at all the same settings and passes with flying colors.

I have tried setting my RAM to 5-5-5-15 52, upped NB volts from 1.91 (default i think) to 1.40v, and have taken the RAM to 2.2v for one run just to see if that would work.

I have setup 9x multi, 445fsb, 5-5-5-15 52, RAM is showing at 1069 speed in the bios and failing miserably. It's also very odd that i can't boot at different strap speeds at all other than the AUTO that puts it at 1069. I'm not sure why that's happening.

Any help would be appreciated and if there is any info that i left out or should try please let me know.
    E8400 @ 4ghz 24/7
    DFI LP LT X48-T2R
    G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    BFG 9800GX2
    2 x 150GB Raptor X in RAID 0

Just wondering if you have tested these on the Asus P5E yet?

Xtreme Addict
    I'm getting a kit of these for my dfi p965-s, will test soon.

SB Rig:
    | CPU: 2600K (L040B313T) | Cooling: H100 with 2x AP29 | Motherboard: Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
    | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | Video: MSI gtx570 TF III
    | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB fw009 | HDDs: 2x GP 2TB, 2x Samsung F4 2TB
    | Audio: Cantatis Overture & Denon D7000 headphones | Case: Lian-Li T60 bench table
    | PSU: Seasonic X650 | Display: Samsung 2693HM 25,5"
    | OS: Windows7 Ultimate x64 SP1

+Fanless Music Rig: | E5200 @0.9V

+General surfing PC on sale | E8400 @4Ghz

G.Skill USA Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by PnoT View Post
    I have a pair of these on my LANPARTY LT X48-T2R and I have a few problems.

System:
    LANPARTY LT X48-T2R
    F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    Corsair 750W PSU
    Xeon E3110

I've been trying to OC this chip to 4ghz stable and can't seem to get it to pass Orthos blend and most of the time it locks up during initial post or halfway through the loading of Vista.

Just for the hell of it i put my brothers 2x1 sticks of Corsair in the board and it's completely stable at all the same settings and passes with flying colors.

I have tried setting my RAM to 5-5-5-15 52, upped NB volts from 1.91 (default i think) to 1.40v, and have taken the RAM to 2.2v for one run just to see if that would work.

I have setup 9x multi, 445fsb, 5-5-5-15 52, RAM is showing at 1069 speed in the bios and failing miserably. It's also very odd that i can't boot at different strap speeds at all other than the AUTO that puts it at 1069. I'm not sure why that's happening.

Any help would be appreciated and if there is any info that i left out or should try please let me know.
    yes i have same problem with DFi X48 but Oskar said he has no problem to run. we will see later bios can fix it or not

G.Skill USA Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebuilderdude View Post
    Just wondering if you have tested these on the Asus P5E yet?
    i dont have this mobo, but as i know p5e-ws pro has problem to run over 1030

G.Skill USA Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTelstar View Post
    I'm getting a kit of these for my dfi p965-s, will test soon.
    let us know once you have any result

Xtreme Addict
    I will but I may change mobo before trying the new ram
    New mobo being the rampage formula x48

SB Rig:
    | CPU: 2600K (L040B313T) | Cooling: H100 with 2x AP29 | Motherboard: Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
    | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | Video: MSI gtx570 TF III
    | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB fw009 | HDDs: 2x GP 2TB, 2x Samsung F4 2TB
    | Audio: Cantatis Overture & Denon D7000 headphones | Case: Lian-Li T60 bench table
    | PSU: Seasonic X650 | Display: Samsung 2693HM 25,5"
    | OS: Windows7 Ultimate x64 SP1

+Fanless Music Rig: | E5200 @0.9V

+General surfing PC on sale | E8400 @4Ghz

Quote Originally Posted by G.S Technician View Post
    i dont have this mobo, but as i know p5e-ws pro has problem to run over 1030
    Thank you for your response. I have them running at 1066 on my P5E with bios 0201 (which seems to be the best for memory) and they are fast. Just wanted to know if anyone else was having good luck with them on this MB with any of the newer bios.

G.Skill USA Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebuilderdude View Post
    Thank you for your response. I have them running at 1066 on my P5E with bios 0201 (which seems to be the best for memory) and they are fast. Just wanted to know if anyone else was having good luck with them on this MB with any of the newer bios.
    that is good to know, so P5E is ok in your case. i will put into customer feedback

Xtreme Enthusiast
    G.S Technician,

Is there by any chance that I can get my hands on your new heatspreaders for my recent purchase of 8gigs worth of G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBP.

I see that the new heatspreaders already have the same exact kit listed as "F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI" and I'm going to assume that the "I" means that they have the new heatspreaders.

Can I buy the heatsinks seperately by any chance?

If not, I'll live
    Last edited by 3lfk1ng; 04-09-2008 at 11:01 PM.
    Computer: Intel i7-4770k | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Impact | 240GB Corsair Force GT | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 | 16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz | EVGA GTX690 Hydro Copper 4GB | Corsair AX850 | Steelseries 7G | Logitech G500 | 27" 2560x1440 Overlord Tempest X270OC 120Hz S-IPS
    Cooling: Koolance 380i CPU block | Swiftech Hydro Copper GPU block | EK X3 150 Reservoir | EK X-TOP D5 PWM drive | PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Bloodshed red | Alphacool NexXxos 240mm XT45 | Alphacool NexXxos 280mm UT60 | Bitspower Fittings | 4x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 120mm | 2x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm | Lamptron FC-5V2
    Case: Custom modded matte black Caselabs Mercury S3

G.Skill USA Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by 3lfk1ng View Post
    G.S Technician,

Is there by any chance that I can get my hands on your new heatspreaders for my recent purchase of 8gigs worth of G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBP.

I see that the new heatspreaders already have the same exact kit listed as "F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI" and I'm going to assume that the "I" means that they have the new heatspreaders.

Can I buy the heatsinks seperately by any chance?

If not, I'll live
    sorry i can't do that becasue the part number of those two are different. we don't sell it separate either.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thank you for the quick reply, I just like the looks.
    Computer: Intel i7-4770k | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Impact | 240GB Corsair Force GT | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 | 16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz | EVGA GTX690 Hydro Copper 4GB | Corsair AX850 | Steelseries 7G | Logitech G500 | 27" 2560x1440 Overlord Tempest X270OC 120Hz S-IPS
    Cooling: Koolance 380i CPU block | Swiftech Hydro Copper GPU block | EK X3 150 Reservoir | EK X-TOP D5 PWM drive | PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Bloodshed red | Alphacool NexXxos 240mm XT45 | Alphacool NexXxos 280mm UT60 | Bitspower Fittings | 4x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 120mm | 2x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm | Lamptron FC-5V2
    Case: Custom modded matte black Caselabs Mercury S3

Hi there. I'm having a heck of a hard time getting 8 GB (4 sticks) of this RAM stable on my ASUS Maximus Formula (bios 1004).

I can boot into Windows, etc, but my tests in prime95 routinely fail with a rounding error at about an hour.

Can anyone here post their RAM timings into the template below? I would really appreciate it! Thanks.

DRAM Frequency: DDR2-
    DRAM Command Rate :
    DRAM Timing Control: Manual
    CAS# Latency :
    RAS# to CAS# Delay :
    RAS# Precharge :
    RAS# ActivateTime :
    RAS# to RAS# Delay :
    Row Refresh Cycle Time :
    Write Recovery Time :
    Read to Precharge Time :

Read to Write Delay (S/D) :
    Write to Read Delay (S) :
    Write to Read Delay (D) :
    Read to Read Delay (S) :
    Read to Read Delay (D) :
    Write to Write Delay (S) :
    Write to Write Delay (D) :

Xtreme Member
    I`ve got the timings to "Auto", but I only have 2x2GB on my Formula.
    But you can try to set Row Refresh Cycle Time higher, to 60 for example. Also important with much Ram is to set a high NorthBridge Voltage.
    Transaction Booster to disabled, try Relax Level 0-3 and Ai Clock to Moderate or Light (my 2x2GB are always running Moderate).

If you want to have a look, here are 2 settings from me, but keep in mind, that I only have 4GB and dualcore:
    http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/show...&postcount=764

Thanks for the reply. I had tried RFC=60, but that still failed. At the time, I was running Relax = 0. I will try increasing that next.
    I'm already running high voltages on the NB=1.61.

Quote Originally Posted by eSp!s0 View Post
    I`ve got the timings to "Auto", but I only have 2x2GB on my Formula.
    But you can try to set Row Refresh Cycle Time higher, to 60 for example. Also important with much Ram is to set a high NorthBridge Voltage.
    Transaction Booster to disabled, try Relax Level 0-3 and Ai Clock to Moderate or Light (my 2x2GB are always running Moderate).

If you want to have a look, here are 2 settings from me, but keep in mind, that I only have 4GB and dualcore:
    http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/show...&postcount=764

G.Skill USA Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by dimsdale View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I had tried RFC=60, but that still failed. At the time, I was running Relax = 0. I will try increasing that next.
    I'm already running high voltages on the NB=1.61.
    follow our user manual setting. don't overclock your CPU. if it doesn't work, you probably need to rma it

Xtreme Member
    But it`s also a bit tricky with the formula and ram. My 2x2GB aren`t running 950Mhz for example, or I can`t find the right settings, but it`s runnings 1030mhz or 1080mhz with this special settings (link in post before) without problems.
    And he has 8GB, that`s even more tricky.
    He should follow your tip and if the ram is running without OC, he knows, the ram is ok. But if it doesn`t run, it could be the settings anyway. He can not be sure, that the ram is defect if it`s not running without OC or under specs is what I mean. (hard work for me to get me understandable in english )

Quick question: Is it safe for me to run these G.Skills at about 2.1280V (as reported in BIOS)?

Xtreme Member
    Yes, should be no problem, the specs are 2.1V and the Formula is overvolting ram a lot so it`s not that easy to get exactly 2.100V.
    +0.02V is not much.

Quote Originally Posted by eSp!s0 View Post
    But it`s also a bit tricky with the formula and ram. My 2x2GB aren`t running 950Mhz for example, or I can`t find the right settings, but it`s runnings 1030mhz or 1080mhz with this special settings (link in post before) without problems.
    And he has 8GB, that`s even more tricky.
    He should follow your tip and if the ram is running without OC, he knows, the ram is ok. But if it doesn`t run, it could be the settings anyway. He can not be sure, that the ram is defect if it`s not running without OC or under specs is what I mean. (hard work for me to get me understandable in english )
    eSp!s0,
    Thanks for the reply! I understand what you are saying. I have run Memtest 2.01+ for a few days, and it reports no errors, so I know the ram is ok. Plus, just found some looser settings that passed prime95 blend for about 7 hours before I stopped it.
    So its matter of finding the right settings, which can be tricky!

Xtreme Member
    Yes, that is what I mean

Xtreme Mentor
    I've got a DFI LANParty LT P35-T2R with the 3/17 BIOS, a Q9450 (C1 stepping) and 8GB (4x 2GB) of G.Skill RAM rated at DDR2 1066.

I am on very good water, the CPU has a D-Tek FuZion using the quad nozzle in the proper orientation, and the intake seal. With a PA120.3 rad and MCP655 pump. The NB has a passive HR-05 IFX installed on it.

I was all geared up for some impressive overclocking, with reports of this board hitting 600FSB and all. Now I know that I will not hit 600MHz using a quad and 8gb of RAM, but I was hoping for at least stability in the mid to high 400s. I would be happy with 475MHz FSB.

Well apparently, that was not in store for me. Instead, I can't get 400MHz FSB stable -- OCCT fails in ~2 seconds.

I am pretty sure the RAM is holding me back, because I tried setting all voltages/speeds to stock, and then I set the RAM divider to 333/1066 so it would actually run at it's rated speed. The result? No POST and a CMOS reset required.

I'm thinking that I really need to adjust all the parameters under the DRAM configuration page in the BIOS. Most of them are set to AUTO, other than the 4 main ones which are set to 5-5-5-15, the rated timings on the RAM.

Can anybody help me with this? What settings under the DRAM configuration should I change, and what should I change them to? I am willing to settle for loose RAM timings. All I require is that I keep all 8gb. Are there any custom BIOSs I could use? Can anybody help me?
    Asus Rampage II Gene | Core i7 920 | 6*2GB Mushkin 998729 | BFG GTX280 OCX | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | Corsair VX550
    —Life is too short to be bound by the moral, ethical and legal constraints imposed on us by modern day society.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast