Thread: Project: RainMaker (PC-343B w/ Horizontal Mobo and Triple Loops)

Threaded View

Xtreme Addict

Talking Project: RainMaker (PC-343B w/ Horizontal Mobo and Triple Loops)

Sadly, I've been working on this project for almost a year, and I've realized, it will likely never be completely finished... there's always something else to be done.

Anyway, after a sufficiently long period of procrastination, I've finally got around to annotating some of the pics I took during the build for those of you who might be interested in seeing something a bit different with a Lian-Li PC-343B Cube Case.

The key unique mod I've made here is in converting the motherboard tray to a horizontal configuration.

Although the rest has largely been done before, there are a few other unique elements such as the pump mounting and overall number of water cooled components that may be of interest.

Many ideas were borrowed from others on this forum and elsewhere, so I give due credit to all concerned and thank you sincerely for the inspiration behind many of the design considerations in this project.

My key design goals when starting this project were:

• Build a chassis complete with cooling that would last several generations of electronics
    • Build something that would stretch my capabilities as a hobby PC modder
    • Build a completed system that was as good if not better than something a custom mod shop would build or a high-end system builder in terms of aesthetics, servicability, and modularity.
    • Build a cooling system that would pass the XtremeSystems test of no-compromise performance
    • Build a system that was challenging and agressive and could stand up to the scrutiny of my peers

Ultimately, your feedback will determine if I was successful in my goals.

March UPDATE: Post #3 now contains pics of the finished build (including SLI and PhysX with the laser cut top/rear panels).

April UPDATE: RainMaker has been featured on Million-Dollar-PC.com!

RAINMAKER FOR SALE! Link

Let's get to it...

Teaser of the Semi-Final Outcome

Essential Tools of the Trade

Chassis Frame

Motherboard Tray

Horizontal Motherboard

Cable Management

Powder Coating

Nickel Plating

Radiator Mounts

Radiator Pump Assemblies

Last edited by virtualrain; 11-29-2008 at 02:06 PM.