Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 Watercooling Project 2010/2011

Xbox 360 Watercooling Project 2010/2011

Hello User,

I have already for a long time a Xbox here stand, however, unfortunately, very much loudly and no model with HDMI, this is rather second-rate, because it is for me, primarily, about volume reduction.

Hence, the clutch to the water cooling, because enough cooling, no irritating fans exist and it looks smart, besides.

I will also associate immediately with it modden of the case, because it is, unfortunately, a white case and I find it simply very very ugly. Hence, the rebuilding directly in a cool master Centurion 5 cases.

Actually, there is there nothing more largely to say, finally, except I rest has when I plays gamble

Then we come for my personal images, as well as I would have the Xbox with pleasure.

Changes in the Xbox 360:

- Coolermaster Centurion 5
    - Disk drive obstruct on end and cutting lid
    - Enermax Cluster fans and Aimaxx fans
    - LED Strip within the Xbox obstruct
    - HDD inside
    - DVD inside

Watercooling components inside:

- XPSC Xbox GPU und CPU Watercooler
    - Fittings Koolance 16/13mm 90° swivelling G1/4" (ID 1/2" OD 5/8") 1 Paar
    - Tygon R3603 Schlauch 15,9/11,1mm (7/16"ID) Clear
    - Magicool Xtreme Triple 360
    - Enermax Cluster
    - Aimaxx fans
    - Dual Radi 280er Magicool
    - Laing DDC
    - Netzteil ATX
    - AGB Magicool 250er

And here pair of pictures, they show still nothing was made:

Here my Worklog:

Watercooling:

The first changing rooms:

Mainboardtray "copied" and low-cut and with suitable holes for the Xbox 360 provide and the Terms and Conditions there fastens.

Dual Radiator with Aimaxx fans in green, because the midplate will be white.

Triple Radiator in the front of the case.

Magicool Xtreme Triple 360 with Enermax Cluster Fans

Triple radiator inside obstructs. Front of the case for it conformist.

However, top Window cutting (is still changed perhaps)

View from above on the AGB

Now my Xbox 360 is limited from the colleague back from solder of the single buttons for Sync, power and disk drive are. Thus it is to be obstructed to me possibly the Bulgin tracer in the case without complicated do alterations of the Xbox themselves. The plus and deficit Pole were simply extended with cables.

The cables become everybody completely sleeving in the Xbox 360 styles, that is greens and white from MDPC-x

The disk drive are obstructed, but further upwards, because the disk drive comes on top from the lid, would fit there perfectly there and under it the hard disk would lie.

And here the rubbish which I will not probably need any more.

So much fun with follow up of the Xbox of rebuilding

I wish a lot of fun
    Case

Xtreme Mentor
    Wow, Xbox mod. Seen a few xx, xx, and more of these.
    Yawn, Merry Christmas.

Should be awesome. I'm going to seep thinking of 3x SLI with a uber processor.

You think you got enuff fans, LOL. Just an Xbox, but looking good for overkill............
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

Xtreme Member
    Nice job , but i would use a smaller case , and Xbox is not a Pc so i think you would obtain the same temperatures with a smaller Wc setup..

I will be folowing this!!!

It is already clear Overkill, but, well, looks also not bad.

Yes this is right, but I think to me, this one sees very little and because I the other things everybody lie has, they are inserted thus. If I probably still had to buy almost all parts, the water cooling would have also become smaller.

But thus I had everything lie and it then came up to this to obstruct. However, I must also say in addition that I still in the back of the head the thoughts lead an ITX Mainboard to insert perhaps later, I do not know this, however, yet certainly.

A lateral window will still follow and look sometimes as it looks then later with the tubes and the green water.

I have to do still everything which comes net part also soon and then I will start running the Xbox sometimes and look which also functions everything.

Little Update:

I will provide the "Motherboard" even today with different plugs, first I will solder a Molexstecker to the "Motherboard". With it at least 12 V of rail can go.

One can make the whole one then of course still in the disk drive cable, but directly in the "Motherboard" likes me around something better.

I will extend the whole cables with nem colleague bit by bit, he has there a quieter hand than me. am not thus of the Lötgott. Moreover, I wanted this the Xbox in a PC net part runs and I take Kit PSU Connector.

Here sometimes 2 infos I have found to realise this:

And this is the switch plan:

3x GND, 3x 12V, left side -5V, right side "Power Enable", "not used".

Because the following is to be followed:

The XBOX 360 original net part has an achievement strength of 203 watts and from from 12v to 16.5A and 5v to 1A. In connection with a computer net part one must pay attention to the fact that the net part supports this achievement as a minimum requirement!Here sometimes 2 infos I have found to realise this

Last edited by Case_Modder; 12-25-2010 at 05:29 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Way overthe top on the case size and cooling, not very thought out. All your doing is wasting time and money on using all those parts needlessly.

A single 120mm rad with a low speed fan would be enough to cool a 360 as its been done hundreds of times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubar View Post
    Way overthe top on the case size and cooling, not very thought out. All your doing is wasting time and money on using all those parts needlessly.

A single 120mm rad with a low speed fan would be enough to cool a 360 as its been done hundreds of times already.
    Yes there you may be right, however, I have not bought the case. I had the water cooling from the old system still lie. Because lies about only with me and I have no use for it, the Project offered for me.

I have bought the Xbox 360 for 50 euros and reballed the Xbox 360.

Till present, hence, the issues are very low at the moment.

And I wanted sometimes something else make than always a computer.

There offered the Xbox 360 really for, above all because the xenon Boards become already very warm.

The water cooling is as already mentioned oversized, but looks nice.

Little Update:

LED in UV ones they allow to shine the water and the cases.

Last edited by Case_Modder; 12-25-2010 at 05:53 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    I always like a good mod. This looks promising and while over the top, this is xtremesystems, so is it really over the top? I like the power mod also. Will be watching and keep up the good work. Merry Christmas.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Thank you to you for your comment and exactly you sums up it, also glad Christmas.

Has concerned me just around the hard disk fixture. Though it is first a hard disk and the second one comes before it, they float practically in the air.

Later one does not see any more the fixture there I before the hard disk one more screen will make.
    Last edited by Case_Modder; 12-25-2010 at 07:02 AM.

I am Xtreme
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

This looks very good. What PSU is it?

With the cables of the disk drive I still plan. If it must absolutely extend.

But usually really cool Mod.

Thank you to you.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Case_Modder View Post
    This looks very good. What PSU is it?

With the cables of the disk drive I still plan. If it must absolutely extend.

But usually really cool Mod.

Thank you to you.
    Silverstone Strider I think. With the new Xbox connecting is much easier. Crack open the power brick and just unsolder the cables then connect to your psu. Only three cables unlike the old xbox 360. Google Origin Big O. I did that build for them (it was the first to water-cool an Xbox slim).
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

The picture of the xbox slim is nice.

But i have one question.

What you mean with this

"Crack open the power brick and just unsolder the cables then connect to your psu."
    Can you explain this. If this is possible only with the Slim?

I have a 203 watt original PSU for the Xbox. Can i open this?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Case_Modder; 12-25-2010 at 11:01 AM.

I am Xtreme
    The picture of the xbox slim is nice.

But i have one question.

What you mean with this

Can you explain this. If this is possible only with the Slim?

I have a 203 watt original PSU for the Xbox. Can i open this?

Thank you.
    you can open it but it has quite a few more cables than the newer one. I reuse the plug that plugs into the xbox and put on a molex plug on the other end to plug to a regular powersupply. I think I mispoke on the number of wires but there is a 5 volt, a 12 volt, a ground, and I think one that is for turning on the system (did not bother with that one). I have no cracked open the older xbox 360 powerbrick but I am sure you could do it.

Ok, then I have well understood this, I also think one the old Xbox net part can open, then there I must simply venture sometimes come on, too has to go PSU from Ebay.

There is also a cable PSU Connector of Talismoon, but this is too thick to me personally.

I am Xtreme
    Ok, then I have well understood this, I also think one the old Xbox net part can open, then there I must simply venture sometimes come on, too has to go PSU from Ebay.

There is also a cable PSU Connector of Talismoon, but this is too thick to me personally.
    I have a Talismoon cable but they have been reported to be fire hazards

Here is a side with which one this believe I can handle, but i am not sure to use this ...

Click

Now has almost finished the hard disk holder. Is from a Lian Li Q07.

Moreover, one more fan control comes on top to the lid to be able to regulate the fans also.

The disk drive fixture is for 3.5 hard disks and was mounted of course decoupled.

Xtreme Member
    Looks great, and looking forward to seeing it finished. But in the future, anytime you have G1/4 compression fittings just sitting around doing nothing, just PM me and I will pay for shipping. ^_^

Of course the biggest noise maker in the Xbox 360 (all versions) is the DVD drive. This was the sad truth that was discovered when lian-li released the XB01 a few years back. The only way to fix it is to mod the box in a way that is against Live service (and for good reason as it is to stop cheats and hacks), and will get you an auto ban if you try to go online with it. But you could at least use a nice quiet DVD drive in its place. I still dont understand why MS has gone out of its way to find the loudest optical drives every produced by man and with every single version of the 360, force them on us. All while trying to be the center piece of the home theater. I will not buy the next Xbox if they pull that stunt again. I can deal with overheating, and RRoD's, but not a harrier trying to take off next to my TV.

Still, your mod looks cool.
    At Xtremesystems.org we don't help you save money on your cooling gear, instead we try to make you feel better about the insane ammount you've spent.

Yes this do not understand I also why Microsoft this not makes. The disk drives are already with some consoles very much loudly, I had approx. 4 pieces, of it 2 were loudly. Unfortunately, is in such a way, but Microsoft should have laid there absolutely more on the quality of the single parts not to let also such a thing like ROD free run. But, well, with the old PS3 gabs the YLOD.

In THE Lian Li one hears the disk drive even stronger and completely has not unfortunately also matured this case. There the disk drive also causes difficulties. But the case is quite really great from the optics.

Thank you

Little Update for the case.

Now I have made the case feet, one is ready and three are in work.

However, see yourself

Xtreme Member
    Very good , come on more developtments hehe

Im thinking of selling or watercooling my Xbox360 it´s stopped long time but working , just got Ps3 and it´s not the same , if you can give me some tips about the psu for the xbox360 psu i would be very apreciated ;D

Hi

with pleasure I give you tips.

So here the orginal case feets. I have bored a hole in to connect the Perspex discs with the original case feet. Has well clapped.

Update: 12.01.2011

Now i have the PSU from bequiet. Nice One. 430 Watt Power

And now here is the cutted cable. I will provide the cable with an ATX Connector with Pins and then connect simply to the net part.

And here the pictures are in the built-in state. Greater the net part might also not have been.

Fits very well in the case and the lower radiator also fits.

You already see the location of the pump. The pump functions perfectly and is fastened on a Noisedestructor. Thus the pump is decoupled at the same time.

I hope you like this

Xtreme Member
    Good update , im loving , can you explain a little bit more about the psu and the xbox charger ?

By pm or in here if you want , i really am inspired and im thinking of turning my xbox into a watercooled one and this part i would really need some instructios

Keep up the good work mate

Yes, i can give some more instructions about the power "energyzer" for the xbox. I think we can clear this via PM.
    Simply ask what you would like to know.

Thank you for your comment

EDIT:

Performance-PC = Good Shop, nice products and very goog support

Last edited by Case_Modder; 01-12-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast