Thread: What do i need to consider when I buy an 8800GT

Xtreme Addict

What do i need to consider when I buy an 8800GT

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127329

$206 after MIR. Any good?

Im gonna pick up a vid card by the weekend at the latest.

What do I need to consider when buying an 8800GT?

I hear talk of a newer GPU being used in some is that true? I'll keep reading but someone probably already has the info I need to make an informed decision on what card to buy.

I will consider a 3870 if the price is right. But for now the 8800GT seems the best performer at the $200 price point.
    But basically I'm going y=to buy a 500GB HD for a backup and a vid card. Trying to keep as close to $300 as humanly possible. Then, hopefully, I can sell my X1950 XT and my E4300 for enough to pretty much cover an E8400. Should be a nice little upgrade from sig for under $350 out-of-pocket.
    Last edited by little_scrapper; 02-12-2008 at 12:24 PM.
    Boy that info was old. As am I. Currently my kids have taken over my desktops. They are both sporting matching GTX1080's. Last Christmas I got everyone Oculuses and thus GTX1080's. My eldest is some sort of CSGO champion gold label something or other. Me I work and shoot real guns. Build Comps as needed.

Xtreme Member
    I think since the 8800GT has gone down in price it's kind of taken the HD 3870 out of the picture unless you have some compatibility issues with your current hardware. The one you've listed is a good price but I haven't heard anything about their custom cooler so I can't really say if it's worth the extra slot it will take.

I haven't heard anything about the 8800GT using a new GPU... maybe you're thinking of the newer 8800GTS that uses a different GPU than the originals. Anyway, what you posted seems to be a worthy purchase.

By the way, nice download speeds.